DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

CTS 2.550
TARGET_v3.0.20.427 and TARGET_v3.0.20.826

no trackir

Pimax 8kX 

Tm WH stick

Tm cougar throttle. 

After doing a rebuild i will get Compile Error: Symbol not found: TrackIR in DCS_World.tmc at line 167 no matter what settings i use. If i comment out that in the .tmc file it will just give another symbol fault.  No hardware changes 

Ive reinstalled target and cts (and full cleanrup) a number of times. Any ideas? 

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Hi @Home Fries! I tried posting this to Trello, but couldn't figure it out... I have a minor suggestion for improvement:

IL-2 VR: Option to reassign THR_FC to regular slider axis

For VR users in IL-2, THR_FC is currently remapped by CTS to the mouse scroll wheel (MOUSE_Z_AXIS). Though it is possible to remap the scroll wheel to other functions such as radiator control, the remapping to the scroll wheel changes the interpretation of the data and IL-2 no longer understands it to have a physical maximum and minimum, among other things (in practice, the THR_FC interpreted as a scroll wheel and then mapped to radiator control just plain didn’t work – completely jittery, over-sensitive and unusable, as if it were a binary switch).

Thus, the option to use THR_FC as the lever/axis that it actually physically is has been lost (in IL-2 VR), which is unfortunate, and it would be an improvement to give the option to disable the remapping to MOUSE_Z_AXIS.

Alas, as far as I can tell, it seems that the DX_ZROT_AXIS that is assigned to THR_FC in DCS cannot be used in IL-2 since this would conflict with the switchable twin-engine throttle configuration. However, I’ve been able to amend this by replacing MOUSE_Z_AXIS with DX_SLIDER_AXIS in line 772 of DCS_Init.tmc, such that it reads

MapAxis(&Throttle, THR_FC, DX_SLIDER_AXIS,            AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

THR_FC is then available as a regular slider axis (shows up in IL-2 as joy0_axis_q) and works flawlessly when mapped to radiator control

DX_SLIDER_AXIS seems to be unused at the moment and is therefore an apparently viable candidate for an optional remapping, i.e., a GUI switch that will let us choose between MOUSE_Z_AXIS and the associated mappings or DX_SLIDER_AXIS and the associated mappings. The option to perform this remapping could be presented in the GUI as a remapping from FOV zoom to water radiator control or prop pitch control etc., or simply as the technical change from scroll wheel to slider axis that it is.

Anyways, thanks for the great work. I've been using CTS for years now and it's made things much easier (most of the time)!

Thanks for the heads-up @MrArsGravis.  I won't be updating the IL-2 profile in the current version of CTS anymore because I have already removed it from a future version and created CTS for Windows (which will support other games).  This is to free up stack space for upcoming DCS modules.  Once I get CTS for Windows into a public beta, I will remove IL-2 and Elite from the DCS profile.

I don't recall if I changed THR_FC back (the Thrustmaster implementation of the mouse is buggy and I don't like to use it), but I will definitely keep this in mind when I can get back to working on CTS.  With my current work schedule, this is unlikely to start before June.  I will, however, post your content on Trello, though it will be for the new CTS version.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, trigen said:

CTS 2.550
TARGET_v3.0.20.427 and TARGET_v3.0.20.826

no trackir

Pimax 8kX 

Tm WH stick

Tm cougar throttle. 

After doing a rebuild i will get Compile Error: Symbol not found: TrackIR in DCS_World.tmc at line 167 no matter what settings i use. If i comment out that in the .tmc file it will just give another symbol fault.  No hardware changes 

Ive reinstalled target and cts (and full cleanrup) a number of times. Any ideas? 

Only thing I can think of is the database has become corrupted.  Even reinstalling CTS will likely pull in your old settings if you didn't delete the CTS.dat file (which is the file that stores your settings, and is dynamically updated each new release).  Try backing up, then deleting CTS.dat.  Then run CTS.exe and it will act as if you are running CTS for the first time.  Then set your values (and TrackIR should be set to 2 for VR).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Home Fries,

I have been unable to update CTS (currently v2.10) using the updater:

image.png

Cheers.

Randy

[SOLVED]: I was successful after changing to Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8/8.8.8.4). Thanks, Karika.

Edited by RRVyper
Solved.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Version 2.56 is releaed.

Change log:

• Updated all profiles for DCS 2.7.0
  • AJS37: Added Autopilot buttons to H2 Long.
  • AV-8B: Fixed bug where the nozzle stop would keep moving after CH was released.
  • MiG-19: Synched bombsight depression commands on CS and H3.

M-2000C:

• Updated INS/Engine Start bindings to a more logical layout.
  • Added Air Starter to S3+RCON (GSU).
  • Added Combined Selective Jettison functionality to LBRT.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cobragva said:

for the first time, CTS is causing trouble with my warthdog. I am trying to uninstall it and reinstall but cannot find the programm in the windows add/remove program. 

How can we uninstall it ?

There's no uninstaller because there are no registry entries for CTS.  You can just delete the CTS folder.

That said, I can't see how CTS itself could cause issues with your hardware.  It works within TARGET.  There may be certain options you can enable to make the profile more (or less) stable, but that is different from causing issues with the hardware.

Also, 2.56a (Hotfix 1) is now up.  It updates the AV-8B Custom LUA and the P-51 diff.lua for DCS 2.7.0.51180.

Home Fries,

Any chance of you doing a profile for the new T45 community mod?

Alamo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Homefries,

One of my mates is having an issue, we have tried quite few things now but to no avail.

Basically the sound doesn't play when he switches between aircraft.  It did work and then all of a sudden it stopped.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

dKvc6RY.gif

My Rig: i9 11900K, 64GB Ram, RTX3090 24GB, Quest 3, Custom Fixed Base 8040 Sim, Custom Sim Shaker, WinWing F16EX with Gooseneck, WinWing Orion 2 Throttle FA18/F15EX Grip, WinWing Combat Panel, Winwing PTO Panel, TFRP Pedals, 3 x Cougar MFDs, StreamDeck XL & Mini, 3 x Custom Button Panels, Custom GA Throttle and a Winwing KA-50 Collective. 

VR ONLY! OpenBeta, Private Server Admin and DCS Liberation User.

Hello, 

I have a very weird issue: 

- I use Homefries profile since years as it is great. I did upgrade in 2.7 in the openbeta and in some missions (ie the instant missions), the F-18 profile and the keyboard functions don't work (for example shift P for the pilot or the areobreaks. I tried to erase the profile in DCS saved game, re-configured and still no joy. 

- I tried it in the non beta and it works fine. 

Does anyone experience this ?

SOLVED: I just deleted my saved game folder and now that everything has rebuilt, it works fine

Edited by cobragva
solved

hi,

i use this profile for il2 under steam

virtual device is ok aafter creating and running target script

under il2 i can choose joystick or throttle as device ( axis is recognized) but when i want to edit curve no way to move .... as in game

only rudder works perfectly 😞

i stop windows store / device.txt contain a 0,, ligne that i've delete and protect file against write/ joy detect is right ( virtual device +rudder )

it works only one time...and noway after 

i do another fresh cts install from scratch ( clear input folder from modification and do again ) but nothing...

help 🙂

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:
1: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
2: "T-Pendular-Rudder" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B68F&REV_0110"
3: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\6&1DC50FA5&1&3) selected
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\6&1DC50FA5&1&2) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_b351" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_b352" cannot be found
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
DCS_Global() Start.
DCS_Global() Finish.

DCS_Init (Profile v2.56):

Done
 Execute IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles Config (Profile v2.56):
   Map Cougar Left MFD...Done!
   Map Cougar Right MFD...Done!
   Map HOTAS Cougar/Warthog for IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles Config:
   Map Axes:
      Axis mapping Warthog Stick...Done!
      Axis Mapping Warthog Throttle (Multi-Engine)...         Setting Digital Throttle...None.
Axis Mapping Warthog Throttle AuxiliaryDone.
      Unmapping Microstick...Done.
...FC for FOV...Done.
      Digital Aux Axis Mapping:
         None
...Done!
         Shift Commands: S3 momentary...Done!
         Warthog Stick Buttons......Done!
      Init Padlock Enabled.
         Hat1 (POV or Trim)...Done!
         TQS Buttons
         Warthog Throttle Buttons
China Hat...RPM...Set.
Base Switches...WH Throttle Curve (IL-2 GB)...Smooth...Combined Engine...RPM...Done.
...Done!
   HOTAS Cougar Mapping Complete.

IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles Init Complete!

main returned 0

Edited by shan_aya

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, angrymancunian said:

Hi Homefries,

One of my mates is having an issue, we have tried quite few things now but to no avail.

Basically the sound doesn't play when he switches between aircraft.  It did work and then all of a sudden it stopped.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Angrymancunian,

Has your mate a anti virus protection program running?

Mine doesn't like the sounds belonging to CTS and puts them in quarantaine. I have to put them on a white list to keep them out of harms way.

Good luck

On 5/25/2021 at 9:02 PM, Cyberadje said:

Hi Angrymancunian,

Has your mate a anti virus protection program running?

Mine doesn't like the sounds belonging to CTS and puts them in quarantaine. I have to put them on a white list to keep them out of harms way.

Good luck

Hi Cyber,

That was exactly it, just saw your message.  We made his whole DCS and CTS folders and exception on his AV....issue solved!

Thanks!

• Like 1

dKvc6RY.gif

My Rig: i9 11900K, 64GB Ram, RTX3090 24GB, Quest 3, Custom Fixed Base 8040 Sim, Custom Sim Shaker, WinWing F16EX with Gooseneck, WinWing Orion 2 Throttle FA18/F15EX Grip, WinWing Combat Panel, Winwing PTO Panel, TFRP Pedals, 3 x Cougar MFDs, StreamDeck XL & Mini, 3 x Custom Button Panels, Custom GA Throttle and a Winwing KA-50 Collective. 

VR ONLY! OpenBeta, Private Server Admin and DCS Liberation User.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, angrymancunian said:

Hi Cyber,

That was exactly it, just saw your message.  We made his whole DCS and CTS folders and exception on his AV....issue solved!

Thanks!

Good, have fun flying again.

12 minutes ago, Detract said:

Is the A-10 C II supposed to work with the current version? I do have some throttle issues.

The A-10C II works the same way as the A-10C I, so there shouldn't be any issues.  Regarding the throttle issues, what specifically is happening?  Do you use the afterburner detent and if so, did you enable it in the CTS settings?

41 minutes ago, Home Fries said:

The A-10C II works the same way as the A-10C I, so there shouldn't be any issues.  Regarding the throttle issues, what specifically is happening?  Do you use the afterburner detent and if so, did you enable it in the CTS settings?

Is the A-10 C II supposed to work with the current version? I do have some throttle issues.

It's working now. Thanks for your fast reply.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello homefries, 
I am using your fantastic profile with my warthog and vaicom and I have a question. 
When I press the missile launch button (the red one), on vaicom windows, it triggers the function chatter on/chatter off. Is this normal ?

best, 

Cobra

The Hind profile may take some time, as I'm dealing with RL issues right now.  I'm working on getting an update out for the 2.7.2 changes, but I need to do a number of things before I can tackle the Hind.

EDIT: in the meantime, please feel free to set up the Standard DirectX profile for a helicopter with retractable gear (the options are in CTS).  You can then make your own assignments and still use some of the same conventions I've been using (such as the Button 30-32 modifiers, gear cycling, reversed collective, etc.).

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

2.57 Hotfix 2 is up for 2.7.2 compatibility.

Change Log:

• MiG-21: Fixed SPO-10 lighting toggle

• M2000C: Added Radar modes to MFD3 and Warthog Throttle

• Updated buttons and keys for 2.7.2

Updated bindings since 2.57a: M2000C, MiG-21

Updated Custom Luas since 2.57a: AV-8B, F-14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1