DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hi,

I have restored the BTN29&30 functionality of the Warthog Throttle for having engine idle/off function directly from the HOTAS. But I have realized that BTN30 is already used as a modifier, and it seems that there are conflicts when I move the throttle. Everything becomes crazy... Is this a known problem and I have to avoid the use of idle/off function from the throttle? Is there any solution?

Thanks!

NVM I found the LUA files for the A10C on my Flash drive..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Tried for a few days to get this running, I can dl the installer, but I keep getting the "server unavailable, please try again later message" when I try to run the program.

Any ideas?

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

I am getting the same, the machine may just be offline. It's probably not an issue on our end and I'd check back in a day or two. FWIW it's been like that for a few days now and I'm sure whatever machine (if it's local) is server the files probably isn't the daily driver 🙂

• Thanks 1

2.57 Hotfix 4 is up.  This addresses compatibility with the AV-8B in DCS 2.7.4 and updates the database.

You will need to import new AV-8B diff.lua files and apply the new Controls LUA mod if you have been using it.  You may also need to re-select the MiG-15 in your CTS modules database.

Note: if you use CTS Legacy for DCS 1.5.8, please update as that database has been updated as well.

Edited by Home Fries

12 minutes ago, itarrow said:

F16 profile on Warthog with VR: the Master Mode Command key on the joystick zoom view instead of enabling NWS.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

With VR, S3+S1 will do the NWS button.

This is the convention on a few of the modules (and will likely be a standard convention in CTS 3.0).  You can look at the HTML documentation to see the substitutions.

Edited by Home Fries

On 7/21/2021 at 8:36 PM, Nahemoth said:

Hi,

I have restored the BTN29&30 functionality of the Warthog Throttle for having engine idle/off function directly from the HOTAS. But I have realized that BTN30 is already used as a modifier, and it seems that there are conflicts when I move the throttle. Everything becomes crazy... Is this a known problem and I have to avoid the use of idle/off function from the throttle? Is there any solution?

Thanks!

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Nahemoth said:

Sorry, I was referring to the FA-18 profile.

What is the DirectX profile?

For the F/A-18, the engine start/stop are key macros assigned to the Warthog throttle stops.  Buttons 30-32 should be entered as modifiers, and Button 29 is used for VR Zoom and Wheel brakes.  As long as the F/A-18 profile is loaded, this should be how it works.

The DirectX profile is the simple catch-all profile that just assigns the "normal" DirectX buttons to the HOTAS buttons, and can be used to create your own profile for something that doesn't yet have a dedicated profile (e.g. CE II, Hind).

2 hours ago, Home Fries said:

For the F/A-18, the engine start/stop are key macros assigned to the Warthog throttle stops.  Buttons 30-32 should be entered as modifiers, and Button 29 is used for VR Zoom and Wheel brakes.  As long as the F/A-18 profile is loaded, this should be how it works.

The DirectX profile is the simple catch-all profile that just assigns the "normal" DirectX buttons to the HOTAS buttons, and can be used to create your own profile for something that doesn't yet have a dedicated profile (e.g. CE II, Hind).

So it is not recommended to use stop/idle detent of the throttle, no?

When you run F/A-18C profile, have imported device mappings for a keyboard and Thrustmaster Combined and have assigned TM Combined keys 30, 31 and 32 as modifiers, then all should work as intended including Idle/Stop detent. It will work just like that. If you have some undesirable behavior, then check if you have TM Joystick and Throttles visible under Controls (sometimes mine doesn't get switched off while running the script). If so, then clear all the mappings assigned to them, and you should be fine. Another thing to check is that sometimes rudders can have something undesirable assigned to them so check that out also.

• Thanks 1

Hi Home Fries,  I have an issue with the new AV8B profile.

I updated to the latest DCS release and CTS 2.57e.  The first time I ran DCS everything was fine.  The next time, I could no longer access the Options-Controls page.  When I click the controls tab the page is blank and the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons don't function.  Clicking to any other settings tab works as normal.

I did a fresh CTS install and the first time I ran DCS it worked.  The second time I ran DCS the controls tab was disabled again.  Controls settings aren't available in mission either, as the sim pauses but no window pops up.

I think I tracked it to the AV8B custom keyboard default.lua file.  If I use the newest joystick default.lua and an older keyboard default.lua I can access the AV8B control settings pages.  When I put the latest keyboard default.lua file back I lose access again.

Any thoughts?  Thank you!

23 hours ago, EvilTodd said:

Hi Home Fries,  I have an issue with the new AV8B profile.

I updated to the latest DCS release and CTS 2.57e.  The first time I ran DCS everything was fine.  The next time, I could no longer access the Options-Controls page.  When I click the controls tab the page is blank and the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons don't function.  Clicking to any other settings tab works as normal.

I did a fresh CTS install and the first time I ran DCS it worked.  The second time I ran DCS the controls tab was disabled again.  Controls settings aren't available in mission either, as the sim pauses but no window pops up.

I think I tracked it to the AV8B custom keyboard default.lua file.  If I use the newest joystick default.lua and an older keyboard default.lua I can access the AV8B control settings pages.  When I put the latest keyboard default.lua file back I lose access again.

Any thoughts?  Thank you!

Thanks for the report.  I just compared the modified keyboard default.lua with the latest version (it was not updated in 2.7.5) and I couldn't see anything that should cause this issue.  Doesn't mean this isn't the issue, just means that I can't see it.

'

Now that we have a new patch, could you please backup the existing default.lua and try restoring that to see if it works.  There were a lot of changes between the 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 versions of the files.  Also, the issue may be something in your saved games\dcs folder if it is crashing the second time you use it.  Does restoring the original default.lua fix the issue?

I'll hold off on the 2.7.5 hotfix until we can get this issue sorted.

Here's what I did:

1.  Full DCS repair
2.  CTS forced full update
3.  Ran DCS, reset AV8B keyboard settings to default, no issue with AV8B controls settings screen
4.  Exit DCS
4.  Copied CTS custom joystick default.lua file to proper DCS folder
5.  Built and ran CTS AV8B profile
6.  Ran DCS, no issue with the AV8B controls settings screen
7.  Exit DCS
8.  Copied CTS custom keyboard default.lua file to proper DCS folder
9.  Ran DCS, switched from A10CII settings to AV8B settings, error -- see screenshot
10. Exit DCS11.  Revert keyboard to based game default.lua
11. Ran DCS, AV8B settings screen displays correctly

I looked in my DCS save folder and the only files that changed during all this was the log file.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.  Thank you!

Capture.JPG

SOLVED!  I moved the devices to plug into USB ports on the back of the PC instead of into USB USB 3.1 Gen2 hub.

When running the script I get up to Connecting Virtual Joy stick and then if fails.

I have tried moving the stick and throttle to different USB ports, doing a 'full' install of CTS, selecting a different aircraft, rebuilding the script... etc. - everything I can thing of.  I have also confirmed that the devices are all working in Windows (Game Controllers in Control Panel).

image.png

Before I run the script:

image.png

While the script is running but before the error:

image.png

After the stop error the Game Controllers window shows all devices again.

This has only started happening since the last update.

EDIT:  I just tried it for a 10th time after moving the devices to different USB ports again.  This time the joystick and the throttle disappeared from the Game Controller windows and a notification card popped up on the desktop:

image.png

EDIT+2:

I tried running the TARGET Device Analyzer and I get the following error.  This leads me to believe this is an issue with TARGET (and maybe a recent Windows 10 update?) instead of an issue with CTS.  That said, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

image.png

Is there something else I can try to get this going again?

EDIT+1:

Additional things I have tried:

• Run CTS as Admin
  • Deleted CTS and full reinstall
  • Changed USB hubs
  • Disable AV
  • Uninstall and reinstall TARGET
  • Uninstall and reinstall drivers
  • Moved devices to USB ports on back of PC (WORKED!)

Thanks!

Edited by Baggyg
Update additional troubleshooting activities and SOLUTION

2021/3/18 AM7点58分,trigen说:

CTS 2.550
TARGET_v3.0.20.427 and TARGET_v3.0.20.826

no trackir

Pimax 8kX 

Tm WH stick

Tm cougar throttle. 

After doing a rebuild i will get Compile Error: Symbol not found: TrackIR in DCS_World.tmc at line 167 no matter what settings i use. If i comment out that in the .tmc file it will just give another symbol fault.  No hardware changes 

Ive reinstalled target and cts (and full cleanrup) a number of times. Any ideas? 

Did you change your windows system language? I find change system language other than English cause this problem.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:30 PM, EvilTodd said:

Here's what I did:

1.  Full DCS repair
2.  CTS forced full update
3.  Ran DCS, reset AV8B keyboard settings to default, no issue with AV8B controls settings screen
4.  Exit DCS
4.  Copied CTS custom joystick default.lua file to proper DCS folder
5.  Built and ran CTS AV8B profile
6.  Ran DCS, no issue with the AV8B controls settings screen
7.  Exit DCS
8.  Copied CTS custom keyboard default.lua file to proper DCS folder
9.  Ran DCS, switched from A10CII settings to AV8B settings, error -- see screenshot
10. Exit DCS11.  Revert keyboard to based game default.lua
11. Ran DCS, AV8B settings screen displays correctly

I looked in my DCS save folder and the only files that changed during all this was the log file.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.  Thank you!

Capture.JPG

Not sure what to say here.  Looks like you did everything right.  I can't find any issues on my end, I can't duplicate the error, and none of my beta testers have reported anything.

Since the joystick file works, just use that.  The only thing you lose with the keyboard is the discrete settings for the STO Stop.  Hopefully the issue will sort itself out with the next AV-8B update.

2.57 Hotfix 6 is up.  It only affects the Tomcat, and only if you use the Custom LUA.

Thanks Home Fries. Is it only the custom lua that changed or are there script changes as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

While talking about the Tomcat: I've got back using it after some time spent with the Harrier and I'm using CTS 2.574 (Warthog user with VR).

Whatever KB/WH release I select among the ones available (252 or 246) for my kb/WH combination, I get a whole bunch of red question marks along most of the command listed as soon as I assign the profile to kb and wh.

This doesn't happen with F16 or Harrier or Hornet, just with the F14. I tried using the profile anyway, but there's a bunch of command not working (ie trim or wing sweep or gear up/down or CM/DLC selection) while some others are working.

Wonder if anybody can suggest something to try and have also the F14 profile working...