DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hi Home Fries,

On AV-8B Harrier, I have a problem to extend speedbrake with my Cougar (button T9: Open). It moves just a little bit. Would require many click to fully extend it.
It works fine with keyboard (LShift + B), so for the moment I use keyboard as workaround
The Cougar button assigned for Airbrake OUT command is JOY_BTN28
The Airbrake IN works fine.

Thanks

Edited by Oiz0

Reviewed and fixed the issue.  The AV-8B now uses an analog airbrake (at least for extension).  The fix is in beta testing right now to make sure I didn't break anything else (I use a global airbrake routine, and moving the AV-8B to analog may have affected some if/then statements).,

Edited by Home Fries

Hi I have just built a new pc. Installed DCS and CTS. Set up the modifiers per instructions and imported the profiles. S3 and the china hat do not work the landing gear as per profile jpg. My device analyzer in target wont work I have reported this to Thrustmaster. The event tester shows button V and B being pressed when using the profile whereas if I have understood correctly it should be pressing left ctrl plus g.

Any help appreciated

18 hours ago, Spud257 said:

Hi I have just built a new pc. Installed DCS and CTS. Set up the modifiers per instructions and imported the profiles. S3 and the china hat do not work the landing gear as per profile jpg. My device analyzer in target wont work I have reported this to Thrustmaster. The event tester shows button V and B being pressed when using the profile whereas if I have understood correctly it should be pressing left ctrl plus g.

Any help appreciated

Congrats on the new PC!  Device Analyzer can be very prickly, so if you can find a configuration where you can see your devices, be sure to set a restore point or backup your system!

As far as the CTS script goes, I need to know which profile (i.e. aircraft) you're using.  I know V and C are used for the Tomcat, and you need to hold S3+China Hat Long to cycle the gear (Short will only cycle wing sweep).

Edited by Home Fries

2.61 Hotfix 1 is out.

Change Log:

• AV-8B: Converted Airbrake to analog momentary
  • Mosquito: Set /I for toggling SnapViews and /O for momentary
  • Mi-24: Fixed Kneeboard and NVG mapping on LMFD.

Updated keybindings: AV-8B, Mosquito, Mi-24 

• Thanks 1

Hey Home Fries,

I'm getting the server not available error when trying to update.  Being from Europe, I remember a similar issue last or earlier this year that was solved for me by changing DNS to Google's servers. 

I have been trying a few times a week at all sorts of hours, for the past couple months with no luck, as I've seen in this thread that the server may be down when you've been away.  (I'm still on 2.570)

Any thoughts on how I might solve this?

Edited by Majik

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I'm getting mad. Suddenly (didn't play for about 2 weeks, restarted today) most of the F14 commands in my Warthog throttle don't work.

Wing sweep commands, all SAS switches and the refuel probe switch don't work.

But the Kneel/Extend command work. And also the comm hat works, and also Jester UI switch.

I tried reinstalling CTS from scratch, disconnecting reconnecting warthog, nothing. I have tried using same commands on other modules (with their own profiles) and everything works, so it shouldn't be an hardware fault.

Any idea what should I try ? I'm using all latest profiles (257 if I remember correctly for WH, 252 for kb)...

(Edit: tried using also some old Luas that were working, like 247… now they don’t… I am really clueless…)

(2nd Edit: it seems Heatblur changed something in the bindings with latest patch… tough I tried reloading luas and it didn’t solved the issue… anybody knows how to get CTS F14 profile back working after last patch ? Here is the link to the thread mentioning the issue

Edited by itarrow

On 10/22/2021 at 3:57 PM, Majik said:

Hey Home Fries,

I'm getting the server not available error when trying to update.  Being from Europe, I remember a similar issue last or earlier this year that was solved for me by changing DNS to Google's servers. 

I have been trying a few times a week at all sorts of hours, for the past couple months with no luck, as I've seen in this thread that the server may be down when you've been away.  (I'm still on 2.570)

Any thoughts on how I might solve this?

I just confirmed that the server is working, so DNS might be the ticket here.  

On 10/22/2021 at 6:11 PM, itarrow said:

I'm getting mad. Suddenly (didn't play for about 2 weeks, restarted today) most of the F14 commands in my Warthog throttle don't work.

Wing sweep commands, all SAS switches and the refuel probe switch don't work.

But the Kneel/Extend command work. And also the comm hat works, and also Jester UI switch.

I tried reinstalling CTS from scratch, disconnecting reconnecting warthog, nothing. I have tried using same commands on other modules (with their own profiles) and everything works, so it shouldn't be an hardware fault.

Any idea what should I try ? I'm using all latest profiles (257 if I remember correctly for WH, 252 for kb)...

(Edit: tried using also some old Luas that were working, like 247… now they don’t… I am really clueless…)

(2nd Edit: it seems Heatblur changed something in the bindings with latest patch… tough I tried reloading luas and it didn’t solved the issue… anybody knows how to get CTS F14 profile back working after last patch ? Here is the link to the thread mentioning the issue

2.62 (which fixes the Tomcat with the latest beta patch) is in testing right now and should be available soon.

1 hour ago, Home Fries said:

I just confirmed that the server is working, so DNS might be the ticket here.

Thanks for confirming, after cycling through a bunch of different DNS providers, Cloudflare ended up working.  I had stayed on Google DNS since the last time, and incorrectly ruled that out as being the issue.  Thanks again

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Version 2.62 is released for DCS 2.7.7.  Stick with 2.61a if you're using the 2.7.6 stable version of DCS.

Change log:

• Updated CTS GUI to make long edits on Values page (e.g. paths) easier.
  • Added support for MFD Management Framework.
  • F-14: Added HSD CRS/HDG to LMFD.  Updated diff.luas for 2.7.7.
  • UH-1: Added Flashlight to RMFD.
  • Mosquito: Updated Engine Cut for 2.7.7.
    Updated Observer SnapView9.

Updated bindings since 2.61a: F-14 Pilot/RIO, Mosquito, UH-1
Updated bindings since 2.61: AV-8B, Mi-24
Updated SnapViews since 2.61: Both
Updated Custom Luas since 2.61: F-14, UH-1

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Home Fries,

Firstly many thanks for the fantastic profiles.  I’m having an issue whilst using the Hornet profile-when I press one of the OSB’s on either my left or right Thrustmaster MFD, sometimes it will press the corresponding OSB on the in game MFD but then if I press the same OSB again, it will press one of the numbers on the in game UFC.  Do you have any suggestions about how to solve this?

Many thanks.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:42 PM, nozzleflop said:

Hello Home Fries,

Firstly many thanks for the fantastic profiles.  I’m having an issue whilst using the Hornet profile-when I press one of the OSB’s on either my left or right Thrustmaster MFD, sometimes it will press the corresponding OSB on the in game MFD but then if I press the same OSB again, it will press one of the numbers on the in game UFC.  Do you have any suggestions about how to solve this?

Some of the OSBs use keyboard commands to deconflict with persistent DirectX commands (like held switches).  You may need to be deliberate in your presses so the commands recognize the modifiers as well as the keyboard commands (which are keypad and keyboard numbers that would map to the UFC with different modifiers).

On 11/18/2021 at 9:55 AM, tomeye said:

I may have missed this in the documentation but after switching to VR in helis I have to press S3+H1 (left, right) to switch seats. How do I switch to door gunner or engineer?

In the Controller References (Warthog or Cougar), there is a section for VR Deviations near the top of the Table of Contents.  They say to S3+Double Tap left/right to get stations 3 and 4.  If this doesn't work, please let me know as I don't have VR and I don't test this very often.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 1

Version 2.63 is now available for download.  This primarily fixes the M-2000C for DCS 2.7.8.

Additionally, here is my proposed MFD mapping for the AH-64D.  I'm looking for comments and suggestions.  I already know that LOSB20 will be slightly different (that's a typo), but I will get both OSB and kneeboard functionality shoehorned onto LOSB20.

AH-64D Proposed MFD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Home Fries I have finally starting to understand how all this works. I have it all up and running but when I try to switch profiles with the boat switch and joystick, I get jets whether the boat is back, forwards or centre. Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Home Fries,

I want to know if i am doing something wrong with airbrakes logic. I have set in CTS VALUES, DCS: Standar DirectX, Aircraft Type number 0 (Binary-momentary), this should do that airbrakes works when the button is held and it close when button is released (like works in real F-16), but when i choose a plane, always is set in Type 3 (Analog-Momentary). I go to Directx config with profile switch and press S3+T9 to cycle airbrakes type and just cycle between Type 0 (Binary-momentary) and Type 1 (Binary-Discrete). I choose Type 0 and switch back to an aircraft profile and now to open the airbrakes i need a lot of clicks, holding button does not work.

88631a26b5721c1b2af43bf81a049194.png

0ec07b0ae48e12d42b86134e0d940506.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 4:18 AM, Spud257 said:

Hi Home Fries I have finally starting to understand how all this works. I have it all up and running but when I try to switch profiles with the boat switch and joystick, I get jets whether the boat is back, forwards or centre. Am I missing something?

Spud,

I assume that was also you who posted on the bugtracker.  My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Here's what I posted there:

To confirm, you have the Warthog set as your hardware for both stick and throttle, and you get jets even when you move the boat switch while in profile selection mode. Is this correct?

Also, if you could confirm your hardware setup (including TrackIR/VR/MFDs) I would appreciate it.

On 12/8/2021 at 5:21 AM, Charlie122sq said:

Hello Home Fries,

I want to know if i am doing something wrong with airbrakes logic. I have set in CTS VALUES, DCS: Standar DirectX, Aircraft Type number 0 (Binary-momentary), this should do that airbrakes works when the button is held and it close when button is released (like works in real F-16), but when i choose a plane, always is set in Type 3 (Analog-Momentary). I go to Directx config with profile switch and press S3+T9 to cycle airbrakes type and just cycle between Type 0 (Binary-momentary) and Type 1 (Binary-Discrete). I choose Type 0 and switch back to an aircraft profile and now to open the airbrakes i need a lot of clicks, holding button does not work.

88631a26b5721c1b2af43bf81a049194.png

0ec07b0ae48e12d42b86134e0d940506.png

The default airbrake you select for the Standard DX profile is exactly for a separate profile (to be used for a module that isn't directly supported by CTS).  What you select for Standard DX is specific to that profile.  Some other profiles have selectable airbrakes (albeit limited to how their brakes work), but the F-16 is not one of these (it's forced to analog-momentary, which is just like the A-10).

A profile like the M-2000C has a selectable brake, but is limited to binary type brakes (i.e. all the way out/in).  What is selectable is whether they are momentary or discrete with SPDF/SPDB.  From what I understand the real Mirage 2000C uses a momentary (i.e. brakes are open for as long as you hold it open), but the discrete was added as a comfort option for people used to the A-10 type airbrake.

FWIW, there's a section in the User Reference that describes how all four brake types work.  It's listed under "Airbrake Types."

Hope this helps.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi Home Fries, yes I have the Warthog stick and throttle, and yes I get jets when I move the boat switch while in profile selection mode. No Propellers.

To answer your questions:

Hardware setup:

5900x

3090FE

Warthog throttle and stick with MFG Pedals

TrackIR - No

VR - Yes Reverb G2

MFDs - None

If I have missed something please let me know.

Thank You

hace 21 horas, Home Fries dijo:

The default airbrake you select for the Standard DX profile is exactly for a separate profile (to be used for a module that isn't directly supported by CTS).  What you select for Standard DX is specific to that profile.  Some other profiles have selectable airbrakes (albeit limited to how their brakes work), but the F-16 is not one of these (it's forced to analog-momentary, which is just like the A-10).

A profile like the M-2000C has a selectable brake, but is limited to binary type brakes (i.e. all the way out/in).  What is selectable is whether they are momentary or discrete with SPDF/SPDB.  From what I understand the real Mirage 2000C uses a momentary (i.e. brakes are open for as long as you hold it open), but the discrete was added as a comfort option for people used to the A-10 type airbrake.

FWIW, there's a section in the User Reference that describes how all four brake types work.  It's listed under "Airbrake Types."

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Understood, i thought that setting was for change how airbrakes works in the desired profile. Anyway, The real F16 airbrakes works like Bynary-Momentary, it is possible edit the script for change it and make it work with the cougar? could you do it for next updates?