DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Home Fries,

May be what I will ask here has no sense, but I try to understand how Vaicom and SRS can work together in multiplayer.

I wonder if is it's possible to choose between communicate to Vaicom (AI) or SRS (Human)

For example, I want to ask Vaicom "Chief, remove wheels chocks". When I play alone, I push one of the radio buttons and it works fine.

But in multiplayer, I don't really want than other players heard me communicate with Vaicom

Is this possible ?

Hi,

I use VoiceAttack and I do it that way: VA listenes all the time and SRS have it's PTT. When I want to speak only to VA than I simply do not push anything. The only downside is that, for example, when I need a bogey dope, than I had to make trigger in VA like: "request bogey dope AI" so it will not trigger during conversation with human GCI.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oiz0 said:

Hi Home Fries,

May be what I will ask here has no sense, but I try to understand how Vaicom and SRS can work together in multiplayer.

I wonder if is it's possible to choose between communicate to Vaicom (AI) or SRS (Human)

For example, I want to ask Vaicom "Chief, remove wheels chocks". When I play alone, I push one of the radio buttons and it works fine.

But in multiplayer, I don't really want than other players heard me communicate with Vaicom

Is this possible ?

It is possible.  Within VA, you can set it so tapping and releasing the button will enable VA, and holding the button will enable SRS.  There are instructions in the VAICOM manual, and in my experience it doesn't work perfectly (can be frustrating at times).  However, it's what I do and it works well enough.

Thank you for your responses

I know this is not a Vaicom forum, but can you tell me the page(s) where it is described ?
I guess it's MP PAGE (page 31 of Vaicom user guide) ?
And which settings are important ? Auto Switch ?

image.png

May be I don't understand how it works because I'm confused what is PTT that is mentioned in multiple settings in Vaicom, CTS and SRS
I know it means "Push To Talk" but, for me, all buttons used for radios are PTT !!?
I use Cougar, and for example, on A-10C, I push on buttons 20, 22, 23 to talk to radios (I don't really use button 21 ...). Are they also considered PTTs ?
Or PTT is only the button 21 and others buttons are only to select/switch between radios.
So, for example, if I want to use VHF FM, I click on and release button 20 and then click on PTT (button 21) ?

image.png

image.png

• (SRS Settings Page) Radio Switch works as Push To Talk (PTT): ON
• (SRS Settings Page) Allow INCOCKPIT DCS Controlled PTT: OFF
• (SRS Settings Page) Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit: ON

Edited by Oiz0

I start to understand I need to read carrefully the Multiplayer (VOIP INTEGRATIONS) chapter of VAICOM user guide (pages 23 to 27) and I need to use Dynamic Switching
I have configured VAICOM+CTS+SRS sofwares as above screenshots

It seems to work fine with M2000. When I select the TX1, I can talk to Vaicom (AI). On SRS overlay, it shows a *
If I say "Switch", then it switches to Voip (human) and on SRS overlay, I can see *+TR
These tags on overlay are very useful to know who I'm talking

But in A-10C II, it seems not work so well. I can communicate with Vaicom (AI) but I don't see the * and when I switch to Voip, I don't see any *+TR
So, I have a doubt if SRS catch and transmitt my voice, despite I see the RLY orange light in Vaicom PTT tab
I will need to do some tests with humans to clarify this ...

PS : I will probaly post on DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone topic of this forum as this is probably not a CTS issue. Thank you

Edited by Oiz0

Hi Home Fries I cant get the zoom function to work in VR. I have imported the UILayer. Using event tester there is no output from the triggers in the profile for VR Spyglass Zoom and VR Zoom. These are my settings. Trying to get it to work in the spitfire.

2.png

3.png

1.png

I reloaded CTS to a better computer and now have problems. The joystick flap controls do not work, and nothing is indicated in the joystick flap location in the DCS control panel.

I deleted the user input files in DCS, and tried again with no improvement 

I reloaded and updated CTS. No change

I am not very computer savvy, but I think I followed all the directions in the manual. At least I did it right one time, because everything worked perfectly on my last computer. There are no red splats on the control panel page. One difference this time is that there is joystick button notations mixed in with the keyboard control buttons in the keyboard category on the DCS. Importing the joystick profile seems to work ok. Gets messed up when the keyboard (r) profile is loaded.

Running Win 11

A10 II

Please help

Edited by Lawheadrg
Forgot to put operating system in

19 hours ago, Lawheadrg said:

I am not very computer savvy, but I think I followed all the directions in the manual. At least I did it right one time, because everything worked perfectly on my last computer. There are no red splats on the control panel page. One difference this time is that there is joystick button notations mixed in with the keyboard control buttons in the keyboard category on the DCS. Importing the joystick profile seems to work ok. Gets messed up when the keyboard (r) profile is loaded.

Running Win 11

A10 II

Please help

The flaps are mapped to the keyboard for the A-10C (I and II), so you will need to use the keyboard profile.  What happens when you import the keyboard profile?

I tried full reinstall of CTS yesterday. When I import the Warthog joystick lua the joystick column in the DCS control page is populated correctly. When I import the keyboard lua  ( did r this time) get a mix of joystick and keyboard key strokes in the keyboard category. This time the flaps worked with the hotas switch. Weird.

Anyhow. Thank you so much for your work and awesome program!

Edited by Lawheadrg

2 hours ago, Lawheadrg said:

I tried full reinstall of CTS yesterday. When I import the Warthog joystick lua the joystick column in the DCS control page is populated correctly. When I import the keyboard lua  ( did r this time) get a mix of joystick and keyboard key strokes in the keyboard category. This time the flaps worked with the hotas switch. Weird.

Anyhow. Thank you so much for your work and awesome program!

Make sure you assign Buttons 30-32 as modifiers.  That's why you have combined keystrokes and joystick buttons in the keyboard diff.lua

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Home Fries I am using CTS for more than a year and it is quite fantastic. I want to clarify about the huey keys used for comms since I am using VA and SRS too.

I have setup in SRS key as described in the manual (check screen), however when I go in joystick control panel and press buttons I notice the below light up for huey:

Gun trigger 1st: 21-30
Gun trigger 2nd 20-21-30
mic up 20
mic in 21
mic down 21-30

Is this correct?

image.pngimage.png

Folks, my apologies for being AFK for a while.  This is my busiest time of year IRL.  While I plan on putting out a hotfix for the 2.7.11 patch, I don't anticipate having an AH-64 profile until May.  If I get some time I may put together a WIP profile, but no promises.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm always open to suggestions, and especially how to map the controls for the CP/G.  I do have the MFDs mapped, and the following reserved:

Stick:
H1: Chaff/Flare/Station Change
H2: Weapons Select (/I SnapViews)
H3: George/HMD Select (George selectable with S1 like the Mi-24)
H4: Trim (non-negotiable, uses my TCPTM routine)
S2: George weapon release auth/take control
S3: Tailwheel lock toggle
S4: Wheel Brake
TG1/2: Weapon (/I Trigger Guard toggle)

Throttle:
CS: Sensor select
Mic: Comms (TBD)
Engine Switches: Starter/Throttle Idle

AH-64D Proposed MFD.jpg

The rest is TBD and open for suggestions.

Edited by Home Fries

This is my work in progress for the CPG , 
Note I am using the DMS for the TADS Manual tracker function - Seems to work pretty well and still allows me to take the controls should the need arise. 

CMS Shifted controls George

APACHE Stick CPG.jpg

Apache Throttle CPG.jpg

Edited by mightyseaking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps I've messed something up on configuration, but I think there may be something wrong with the UH-1H profile and VAICOM PRO. I am using Easy Comms just to try and eliminate as many variables as possible, but it was happening even with Easy Comms off. I also have Realistic Helicopter 2-stage Radio Trigger disabled (set to 0, per default). My Global - Communications settings are: VAICOM PRO 1, SRS 0, SR PTT Common 0, TS as DX 1, CommState Allow 1, Comm Menu by station 0, Chatter 1, AI RIO 1, TX5 Delay KBDelay, SR Overlay 1.

Here's what I see:

Throttle PTT Common Up: VoiceAttack shows TX1 press (release upon release), VAICOM Pro flashes TX1 SEL/AUTO and displays XMIT while held, Right MFD LED 1 illuminates while held. VoiceAttack and DCS respond to voice input. So this seems to work as expected in every regard.

Throttle PTT Common Down: VoiceAttack shows TX5 press (release upon release), VAICOM PRO does not respond, Right MFD LED 2 illuminates while held. It's labeled PTT Common, so I assumed this should do the same thing as pressing it up. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Throttle PTT Common Center Press: VoiceAttack shows TX4 press (release upon release), VAICOM PRO does not respond, Right MFD LED 1 illuminates while held. It's also labeled PTT Common. It's odd that the LED behavior changes again here. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Trigger Stage 1: VoiceAttack shows TX5 press (release upon release), VAICOM PRO does not respond, neither Right MFD LED illuminates. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Trigger Stage 2: VoiceAttack shows TX5 and TX1 press (release upon release), VAICOM Pro flashes TX1 SEL/AUTO and displays XMIT while held, neither Right MFD LED illuminates. VoiceAttack and DCS respond to voice input. So this seems to work, though it's odd about the LED. The other thing about Trigger Stage 2 is that you have to move slowly through 1 to 2. If you quickly full press to Stage 2, you get a different behavior:

Trigger Stage 2 fast press: VoiceAttack shows TX5 and TX1 press (release upon release), VAICOM Pro flashes TX1 SEL/AUTO but only briefly flashes XMIT, neither Right MFD LED illuminates. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Any idea what is going on here? All I'm doing is loading up an Instant Action mission on Caucasus: "Free Flight" where radios are tuned by default to Tbilisi and responds when the PTT is working.