DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

41 minutes ago, Rangoon said:

Perhaps I've messed something up on configuration, but I think there may be something wrong with the UH-1H profile and VAICOM PRO. I am using Easy Comms just to try and eliminate as many variables as possible, but it was happening even with Easy Comms off. I also have Realistic Helicopter 2-stage Radio Trigger disabled (set to 0, per default). My Global - Communications settings are: VAICOM PRO 1, SRS 0, SR PTT Common 0, TS as DX 1, CommState Allow 1, Comm Menu by station 0, Chatter 1, AI RIO 1, TX5 Delay KBDelay, SR Overlay 1.

Here's what I see:

Throttle PTT Common Up: VoiceAttack shows TX1 press (release upon release), VAICOM Pro flashes TX1 SEL/AUTO and displays XMIT while held, Right MFD LED 1 illuminates while held. VoiceAttack and DCS respond to voice input. So this seems to work as expected in every regard.

Throttle PTT Common Down: VoiceAttack shows TX5 press (release upon release), VAICOM PRO does not respond, Right MFD LED 2 illuminates while held. It's labeled PTT Common, so I assumed this should do the same thing as pressing it up. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Throttle PTT Common Center Press: VoiceAttack shows TX4 press (release upon release), VAICOM PRO does not respond, Right MFD LED 1 illuminates while held. It's also labeled PTT Common. It's odd that the LED behavior changes again here. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Trigger Stage 1: VoiceAttack shows TX5 press (release upon release), VAICOM PRO does not respond, neither Right MFD LED illuminates. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Trigger Stage 2: VoiceAttack shows TX5 and TX1 press (release upon release), VAICOM Pro flashes TX1 SEL/AUTO and displays XMIT while held, neither Right MFD LED illuminates. VoiceAttack and DCS respond to voice input. So this seems to work, though it's odd about the LED. The other thing about Trigger Stage 2 is that you have to move slowly through 1 to 2. If you quickly full press to Stage 2, you get a different behavior:

Trigger Stage 2 fast press: VoiceAttack shows TX5 and TX1 press (release upon release), VAICOM Pro flashes TX1 SEL/AUTO but only briefly flashes XMIT, neither Right MFD LED illuminates. DCS does not respond to voice input, but VoiceAttack acknowledges in red text and says "...currently disabled for this session and was not executed."

Any idea what is going on here? All I'm doing is loading up an Instant Action mission on Caucasus: "Free Flight" where radios are tuned by default to Tbilisi and responds when the PTT is working.

It's been a while since I've reviewed the Huey profile, and something may have changed with the settings.  I'll take a look at it.

7 hours ago, papymaj5 said:

Server is down again.

I was just able to update.  Is it still down on your end?

• Thanks 1

Also in the Huey, S2 Weapons Release Button is toggling VAICOM PRO's Chatter extension. It's set to Joystick 1 Button 2 in the VoiceAttack VAICOM PRO profile. I didn't see anything in the setup guide or other documentation about modifying this. I assume the button assignment should just be disabled in the profile, but it made me wonder if that meant my TARGET DCS PTT Import didn't work correctly. I don't see an entry for Chatter in the .vap file. In the setup guide, it says "...Chatter has been changed to R_CTL+L_ALT+V to prevent direct entry of numbers from also inadvertently toggling the Chatter function." The keyboard shortcut in my profile is 0 (zero). I'll change mine to that manually for now. Maybe that entry slipped through the cracks at some point and simply needs to be re-added to the .vap?

• 2 weeks later...

How can I testrun this without being forced to use TrackIR/Head Tracking software or VR?

I'm stuck at error line 167 at DCS_World.tmc. I've tried to change the value in CTS software to not use TrackIR/Head Tracking software or VR but still unable to run it!

Kind regards

/e33et

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, llorensan said:

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.  It looks like most of the values were not placed in their sections.  The order of some of the values is important.

Did you build the profile using the EXE?  If so, try archiving your CTS.dat then removing it from your CTS folder.  See if rebuilding your data file will fix it.

Edited by Home Fries

On 5/18/2022 at 11:05 PM, Home Fries said:

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.  It looks like most of the values were not placed in their sections.  The order of some of the values is important.

Did you build the profile using the EXE?  If so, try archiving your CTS.dat then removing it from your CTS folder.  See if rebuilding your data file will fix it.

Unfortunately it doesn't work.
I have uninstalled the whole app and installed a fresh one. Unlucky.
I have found a wild solution by altering my dcs_world.tmc by shifting a whole block of int declarations from the end, to the beginning of the script.
This allows me to continue using your CTS (with minor mapping issues).
Don't worry. Only if a larger number of cases appear.
Greetings,
Lorenzo

On 5/20/2022 at 10:58 AM, llorensan said:

Unfortunately it doesn't work.
I have uninstalled the whole app and installed a fresh one. Unlucky.
I have found a wild solution by altering my dcs_world.tmc by shifting a whole block of int declarations from the end, to the beginning of the script.
This allows me to continue using your CTS (with minor mapping issues).
Don't worry. Only if a larger number of cases appear.
Greetings,
Lorenzo

I'm curious to hear what happens if you do try to use the EXE to build the file.  Are you getting runtime errors with the script?

1 hour ago, Home Fries said:

I'm curious to hear what happens if you do try to use the EXE to build the file.  Are you getting runtime errors with the script?

okay
delete my cts.dat
delete my DCS_World.tmc
run CTS.exe
to make it easy I select only A10C Warthog
all VALUES by default
Settings A10C, A10C
BUILD SCRIPT
EXECUTE THE SCRIPT, and
the evil mistake:
Compile Error: Symbol not found: TrackIR in DCS_World.tmc at line 167
Thanks for your attention
Lorenzo

27 minutes ago, Home Fries said:

This version also had the variables at the end.  Does the compiler not properly put them in their sections?  Again, order matters because some values are dependent on predecessors.

Hi

Yes, it is the compiler that generates my DCS_world.tmc
There is no manual modification on my part.
It is evident that there is something in my installation that generates the disordered DCS.
One possibility is my version of TARGET which is the latest. Specifically 3.0.21.910.
Greetings,
Lorenzo

Building dcs_world.tmc is strictly the job of the EXE using a MS Access database.  The version of TARGET should have nothing to do with it.

Try deleting cts.db again, then run the installer and do a Full Install to overwrite the old database.  Then see if that fixes the issue.

2 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Building dcs_world.tmc is strictly the job of the EXE using a MS Access database.  The version of TARGET should have nothing to do with it.

Try deleting cts.db again, then run the installer and do a Full Install to overwrite the old database.  Then see if that fixes the issue.

HI

Unlucky
In fact I have completely deleted the Target profiles folder
and installed a completely new CTS.
Same result.
I'm sorry

Lorenzo

Version 2.63c Hotfix 3 released for DCS 2.7.14.24228.

Change Log:

• Compatibility updates for DCS 2.7.14
  • F-14: updated emergency wing sweep functionality
  • Converted TID functions from array to cycle

Updated bindings since 2.63b: F-14
Updated SnapViews since 2.63: None
Updated Custom Luas since 2.63b: AV-8B, F-14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 2:33 PM, llorensan said:

HI

Unlucky
In fact I have completely deleted the Target profiles folder
and installed a completely new CTS.
Same result.
I'm sorry

Lorenzo

The only other thing I can think of is to install to a completely different path, try again, and run the profile from the CTS EXE itself.  If you still have issues, please pass me the dcs_world.tmc from the new folder (just to make sure it's not a legacy file somewhere).

CTS doesn't use any registry entries, and it generates its own launcher batch file based on the path it detects.  Not sure what else it could be.

Edited by Home Fries

4 hours ago, Home Fries said:

The only other thing I can think of is to install to a completely different path, try again, and run the profile from the CTS EXE itself.  If you still have issues, please pass me the dcs_world.tmc from the new folder (just to make sure it's not a legacy file somewhere).

CTS doesn't use any registry entries, and it generates its own launcher batch file based on the path it detects.  Not sure what else it could be.

Hi

No luck

Removed installed CTS

Install a fresh CTS in a folder c:\Fries (sorry)

Execute CTS.exe

Select only F16C module

Default all values

Settings F16C, F16C

Build script

Execute the script

The error is slightly diferent:

Compile Error: Symbol not found: Custom_Master_LUA_F14 in DCS_World.tmc at line 157

attaching the file DCS_World.tmc untouched

Thank you

Lorenzo

DCS_World.tmc

8 hours ago, llorensan said:

Hi

No luck

<...>

Thank you

I can't fathom what it could be.  I'll ask the GUI developer if he has any ideas.

EDIT: What Unicode country are you using and what language is your OS?

Edited by Home Fries

12 hours ago, Home Fries said:

I can't fathom what it could be.  I'll ask the GUI developer if he has any ideas.

EDIT: What Unicode country are you using and what language is your OS?

Hi
My unicode country is ES and my language is spanish.
I have changed to english us (also installed) and the error persists.
I have to explain that I am a former user of your CTS. It has always worked fine for me. It was NOT a CTS update that caused the error. It has been some Windows update (11) or other software that I have installed that caused the problem.
Having found a workaround, I feel bad about causing so much trouble when I think my installation is to blame.
Thanks for your efforts,

Lorenzo

45 minutes ago, llorensan said:

Hi
My unicode country is ES and my language is spanish.
I have changed to english us (also installed) and the error persists.
I have to explain that I am a former user of your CTS. It has always worked fine for me. It was NOT a CTS update that caused the error. It has been some Windows update (11) or other software that I have installed that caused the problem.
Having found a workaround, I feel bad about causing so much trouble when I think my installation is to blame.
Thanks for your efforts,

Lorenzo

No problem, Lorenzo.  I'm glad it is now working for you.

I'm curious to hear your workaround so I may put it in the instructions.

1 hour ago, Home Fries said:

No problem, Lorenzo.  I'm glad it is now working for you.

I'm curious to hear your workaround so I may put it in the instructions.

Hi,
Sorry but it's a bummer.
I manually edit my DCS_world.tmc by cutting out the entire block of INT statements from the bottom of the script and pasting them immediately before the // Constants (should not be changed) block.
The script runs without errors and, although I haven't done a full check, all the functions I use work fine (so far F16 C).
Cheers,

Lorenzo

Hello! I noticed F18 control from DOCS Image for Warthog and MFD is not matching. From Image Boat Switch supposed to me Countermeasures but on my boat switch from your profile is AA/ AG. 1 MFD Top right up and down switch supposed to be for AA/AG but its something else (i think countermeasure switch) Is that normal and image just hasnt been updated or am i doing something wrong? Other planes looks like no issue.

Thanks,

Norm