DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

On 9/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, angrymancunian said:

Hi @Home Fries,

Super quick question, is there a known issue on the JF-17 profile?  I have the WH2 Lua loaded, my trigger on the warthog joystick shows at JOY_BTN9 in DCS, instead of BTN 6 like the Control Map shows.  Also the TDC doesn't work. 

Finally, server is still showing as down for me when I try to update. 

Cheers,

Ben

I'll take a look at the JF when I get a chance.  In the meantime, the server issue should be fixed now.

• Like 1

I have been using this solution for more that 2 years and a big thanks to @Home Fries!

One thing I wonder about is how do you manage the problem that the script might need up to 3 times of execution to get the correct devices creation. The first two times it will create the virtual game controller but warthog will still be there.

13 hours ago, tomeye said:

I have been using this solution for more that 2 years and a big thanks to @Home Fries!

One thing I wonder about is how do you manage the problem that the script might need up to 3 times of execution to get the correct devices creation. The first two times it will create the virtual game controller but warthog will still be there.

In my opinion it's a Warthog's or TARGET related issue. Had the same problem with it's stick (throttles was always fine). If joystick stays as a separate device is not a problem, just make sure that in DCS you have nothing assigned to it. Real problem was when after running the script, a working joystick stopped working at all. I had to just unplug it from USB for a moment and run the script again. I had this routine in which I always checked if the stick is still working after running the script.

After changing the base to Virpil WarBRD (it can act as a TM Warthog) all is working as expected, no issues at all.

@Home FriesI would like to ask for a change in the huey profile if possible. Can you assign the WH throttle pinky 3-position switch to "nav lights steady". "nav lights off", "nav lights flash"

Right now it's assigned to throttle up/down but personally I never used it. Nav lights on the hand are very handy during formations in VR.

On 10/16/2022 at 6:29 PM, Oiz0 said:

Hello,

For AH-64, we have 2 profiles for keyboard :

TARGET AH64D PltCPG kb v264aN.diff.lua
TARGET AH64D PltCPG kb v264N.diff

What means the "a" in profile name version ?

v264a is the newer (current) version. Older ones are not deleted on update.

Edited by Kisi
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, tomeye said:

@Home FriesI would like to ask for a change in the huey profile if possible. Can you assign the WH throttle pinky 3-position switch to "nav lights steady". "nav lights off", "nav lights flash"

Right now it's assigned to throttle up/down but personally I never used it. Nav lights on the hand are very handy during formations in VR.

I'll look into it.  No promises when, but I'll investigate.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Version 2.64b is uploaded for DCS 2.8.0.

Change log:

Ka-50: Added discrete landing gear and flashlight
Combined Arms: Added IR functionality
A-10C: Updated to DCS 2.8.0

Updated bindings since 2.64a: A-10C, Ka-50, Combined Arms
Updated SnapViews since 2.64: None
Updated Custom Luas since 2.64: UH-1

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 1

I foolishly reinstalled DCS and updated the CTS program. Now Thrustmaster target program does not combine the throttle/joystick. I am getting the following message 

Runtime error: Symbol not found: SwTempo in FA18C_S2_Map(line 640 in DCSModules/DCS_FA18C.tmc)

After investigation, I remember what I was doing.

I was adding SwTempo as another tempo for switches with a TEMPO Long On, TEMPO Short Off button mechanism, where DefTempo seemed to take too long.  This was mainly for the hardpoint select on the Mirage F1, but I backfitted it to the DX macros without adding the variable to the database (it's still manually input on my dev build).

I'll add SwTempo to the database and upload a hotfix.

Edited by Home Fries

Version 2.64d is released. 

Change log:

Updated CTS database to add Switch TEMPO value

@tomeye if you don't want to do a full download, go to your CTS/DB/version.txt file, find the following line:

http://<ip>/TARGET/CTS/CTSscript.zip

and change the number to

2.643 (or anything smaller than 2.644).  That will force re-downloading the modified TTM file without going through the full download.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 1

Dears, I have a problem starting my kit.

Before running the script throttle and joystick work fine (although sometimes I have to unplug the joystick from the USB port and plug it back in).
But after running a script, the joystick stops responding. Neither axes nor any buttons work. Throttle is ok.

What I've already tried:
- USB plug change
- reinstallation of drivers
- reinstalling TARGET (I'm on the version 3.0.21.910)

I have an F/A-18 stick mounted but it does not matter because with the standard behavior it is exactly the same.

Do you have suggestions what else can I do?

Edited by rafalg78

2 hours ago, rafalg78 said:

Before running the script throttle and joystick work fine (although sometimes I have to unplug the joystick from the USB port and plug it back in).
But after running a script, the joystick stops responding. Neither axes nor any buttons work. Throttle is ok.

What I've already tried:
- USB plug change

I have an F/A-18 stick mounted but it does not matter because with the standard behavior it is exactly the same.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:39 PM, Home Fries said:

Sometimes there is an issue with the Microsoft Store app.  If that is affecting your ability to use the profile, please see Appendix E in the CTS Setup PDF for details.

Hey Rafal.

I also had this problem when I used Warthog base. I had this routine that when I started the script, I always went to controllers and checked if the joystick was still responding. If not then I unplugged joystick from the USB for a brief moment. The script stopped but I did close the TARGET program only after plugging the joystick back to USB. Then I ran the script again and it usually worked ok.

Please also check what Home Fries said about the MS Store. 

3 hours ago, rafalg78 said:

What I've already tried:
- USB plug change

Even with the Microsoft Store fix, I still get this on occasion.  Just stop the profile, unplug/replug your stick, and try again.  Lather rinse repeat until it works.

16 hours ago, tomeye said:

I have another question, how do I remove the awacs profile? Is it also possible to have directx profile listed once and not in all helis, jets, etc.?

1) You can't, and 2) no it's not possible.  It's a possibility for version 3, but when I started this I had originally envisioned the use of MFDs for shortcuts and the rockers as backups.  I recognize that VR changes things quite a bit...

Edited by Home Fries

23 hours ago, Home Fries said:

1) You can't, and 2) no it's not possible.  It's a possibility for version 3, but when I started this I had originally envisioned the use of MFDs for shortcuts and the rockers as backups.  I recognize that VR changes things quite a bit...

That's true, when I started I was on MFDs and everything was easy but in VR it would be useful to have less steps.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, today's patch breaks a good number of switch toggles in Black Shark 2 in favor of discrete switch settings.  I will get to work on updating the Ka-50 profile for both BS2 and BS3, but in the meantime you may need to use the mouse if a toggle function is not working.

My goal is to get this taken care of this weekend and have a new release next week, but no promises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2