DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Do you have any idea why i does that?

It used to be one set of modifiers for all aircraft, but this way gives you more flexibility in how you set up your planes.

Of course, I designed the script when there was one set of modifiers, so you just have to do it the long way now.

• 2 weeks later...
What if we don't have rudder pedals? What can be done?

There's an option to use the ANT ELEV knob for your rudder. This is available all the time for helicopters and is available for fixed wing aircraft when the gear is down.

Check the installation guide; there are some settings you need to make in DCS World.tmc.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.26 is released.

Change Log:

• Added TARGET-based Central Position Trimmer Mode (TCPTM)
  • Revised Throttle-based Engine Start (S3 now required) and added Single Engine Option
  • Added flashing LED for Engine Shutdown
  • Added delays to "simultaneous" LED use to minimize profile crashes
  • Fixed ejection routine to prevent TrackIR from pausing after ejection.
  • Ka-50: Enhanced PVI-800 functionality (RMFD) and misc MFD functions.
  • Ka-50: Changed H4LR (Emer AP Discon) to TEMPO Long. Mapped S4 (gear st. up) to Emer AP Discon.
  • Ka-50: Added R-828/ARK-22 to HOTAS and Rotor RPM Warn light to LOSB5 long.
  • Ka-50: Added Engine Start routines when gear state is down
  • P-51D: Enabled T6 for differential wheelbrake (gear state down) and changed WEP to TEMPO Long.

I'm particularly proud of the Target-based Central Position Trimmer mode, which incorporates the advantages of both of the ED trimmer modes and minimizes both of their disadvantages. IMO, this is the best alternative to helicopter trimming short of force feedback. Be sure to read the User Reference for details.

Note: both the Installation Guide and User Reference now have a black line in the margin where contents have been changed since the last public release. You can now browse both manuals to quickly see what has been updated.

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries

What ever happened to your possible plans to convert your cougar profiles into warthog profiles? Just wondering and waiting?

Sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Home Fries

What ever happened to your possible plans to convert your cougar profiles into warthog profiles? Just wondering and waiting?

Sobe

Still on the table, but no set timeframe.

It's all a matter of having access to a WH to code the basics. At least then I can develop a baseline for further testing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using your new target profiles and they are great but I have a problem with the TS3PTT for teamspeak. I have changed my keystroke in the .ttm file but it does not output the key that I have changed it to so TS3 does not transmit. Can someone get me going in the right direction.

In version 1.2.6 work fine but not in 1.2.8....:(

Edited by Eagleski

• 1 month later...

Folks, just a quick update:

Due to Real World issues, it has taken a lot longer than I had hoped or anticipated to release version 1.29 of the script. That said, the script is in Release Candidate status right now, and should be released this coming week if no showstopper bugs are found.

In addition to a MiG-21 profile and improvements to both the F-86 and Fw-190, version 1.29 fixes a couple of major bugs that found their way into 1.28. The UH-1 with the XM-60 deployed will once again use the ANT and RNG knobs to properly adjust the sight, and the Standard DirectX profile will once again be hot-selectable.

I know everybody who enjoys the outstanding MiG-21 module is chomping at the bit for a profile that works. Normally I would say "use the Standard DirectX profile" but given the bug that makes it impossible to hot-select, you will need to manually select it this as your default profile in DCS World.tmc. For now, this will have to do, and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by Home Fries

1.29 is Released. The MiG-21 has been added, along with the following changes:

• Forced Fw190 Gear/Flaps to LMFD for realism and functionality
  • Tied Digital Throttle sectors to ThrottleMin and IdleDetent values
  • Added "Binary-Discrete" airbrake type for use with MiG-21
  • Fixed padlock bug with non-TIR Hat1 (H/T cake_o_fruits)
  • Fixed bug with Ka-50 Microstick Offset affecting XM60 control in the UH-1
  • Changed Microstick_Offset to apply to all aircraft and added Helo_Microstick_Offset for the reverse throttle

• 3 weeks later...

Home Fries; Thanks a lot man. My MFDs are on the way nowadays, and your thread is really really a good start and excellent guide for me.

Thanks again!

(Subscribed, but couldn't rep for now...)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...

1.31 is released. Fixes include an init bug in FC3 and fixing the searchlight X axis in the Mi-8. Additionally, enhancements have been made to the Mi-8 profile (autopilot in particular).

Also added are the Bf-109K-4 and a very basic Hawk T.1A profile.

EDIT: I found some issues with the Huey; 1.31a will be up shortly.

Edited by Home Fries
UH-1 diff.lua

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I've missed some instruction from the manual or not, but I'm having an issue with the FC3 profile. I have the Cougar HOTAS without the MFDs. When I open the comms menu using BTN T2, it seems to remap the HAT 4 (CMS) and HAT 2 (TMS) hats to function keys (e.g. F10 instead of Target Lock if I recall correctly). Is this intended behaviour or did I muck something up?

That is the intended behavior for as long as you hold down T2. The idea is that while you are in the communications menu, you can use Hats 2-4 for F1-F12 (starting at the top and going clockwise), letting you navigate the menu without leaving your HOTAS.

I call the routine CommState, and there is a section in the reference about it. It can also be disabled if you prefer to use the keyboard; the Installation Guide provides direction in that regard.

Hope this helps.

Please get a Warthog HOTAS.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

That is the intended behavior for as long as you hold down T2. The idea is that while you are in the communications menu, you can use Hats 2-4 for F1-F12 (starting at the top and going clockwise), letting you navigate the menu without leaving your HOTAS.

I call the routine CommState, and there is a section in the reference about it. It can also be disabled if you prefer to use the keyboard; the Installation Guide provides direction in that regard.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. That makes more sense to me now. However, I think the issue I was having was that the mapping stayed even after releasing T2. But I will read up on the relevant sections and then retest in-game to confirm whether or not my issue persists.

I did a bit more testing and confirmed that the 3 hats are not returned to their original mappings when T2 is released. I should probably also have mentioned that I have Aries_Radio set to 0 since I'm not using TS3 or TARS/Aries (and VAC is 0 as well). With Aries_Radio set to 1, the CommState seems to work as intended with the hats being restored correctly.

Then had a look at FC3_CommState_Init() in DCS_FC3.tmc and when Aries is disabled, I don't see any MapKeyR* that executes CommState_Off(CommStateAllow);, whereas with Aries enabled, T2_RO / MapKeyR does include such a statement.

I went ahead and modified line 542 from:

T2_RI = EXEC("Lights_RLED1(0);");

to:

T2_RI = CHAIN(EXEC("Lights_RLED1(0);"), EXEC("CommState_Off(CommStateAllow);"));

but I'm not sure if this will have any unforeseen side-effects?

• Like 1