Saitek rudder pedals fubared

As title, after moving house and plugging everything in my rudder pedals are now not recognised and come up with error that basically says the usb device has malfunctioned.

Any way to replace (identify) the inards that dont work or shall I just replace the whole thing ?:cry:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Get a Leo Bodnar board and re-wire the pots to inputs on it. You'll have 32 buttons left over for a nifty switch panel too. If you've never done anything like this fear not there are plenty of people around here to help you through the process and its not difficult. And best of all its a HELL OF A LOT cheaper than buying new pedals. Alternatively if you have an old USB stick lying around not being used you could take than apart and wire the pots to it as well.

I had the same thing happen with my Saitek Pro Flight pedals and wired the pots to an old USB Logitech wingman, the end result is they work again but I lost the toe brake functionality due to the type of pots used in the wingman.

Hell I never tried that one, now I'm thinking of re-wiring the pots to the control board and trying it. Cibit, if that works for you please do post the results here. The advice I received when mine broke was just to try it in different ports, then again I also tried it on another PC and still had the same issue.

Look in control panel/device manager and look for the rudders. Open properties and remove device.

Restart and then re-install.

Should set you back up.

Thanks for replies I am afraid the pedals are not recognised to go this route. will try to dismantle and see if there is anything obviously wrong:thumbup:

I should mention that the power light is showing when plugged in

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I experienced the same thing as you Cibit, light on, no obvious problems. I came to the conclusion that the USB board went bad. The pots were fine when I connected them to my other controller. At least in my case the pedals were 4 years old or so with heavy use, even though it still pissed me off!

Again with an old joystick or a Leo Bodnar board or similar you can get those things working good as new and have left over inputs for a panel or two.