New Saitek X-55

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've programmed it on the throttle lower rotary button. You need perfect coordination between left and right hand and timing has to be just right to have a decent gun run. It is doable with practice, but Saitek has to come to it's senses ASAP.

With dual trigger is dead easy and realistic to boot.

Edited by danilop

And one more thing ...

It would be great to have additional Z axiss button on CMS switch (like in real thing and TMWH). This is not as important as dual trigger, but it's shame that these annoying details spoil otherwise great experience with new Saitek HOTAS.

It's understandable that old CH stick doesn't have these features - but designing and making serious new HOTAS without considering DCS A10c & BMS F16 is, well, not too bright ... :D

Edited by danilop

Regarding availability and such, from Saitek Customer Support...

Hello

May have had a bit of a rocky start, all links and vendors should be up to speed by end of today.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Mike Von Huben

Tech/Customer Support Rep

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sokol1

You can see the controls on the forward part of the throttle at 0:45 seconds in. I'm further disappointed by the appearance that the right most throttle has two buttons on it whereas there appears to be either a 2 way or 4 way hat on the left most throttle.

If thats the case, isn't the hat in the wrong spot? Don't think I've seen a real military split throttle with a hat not on the inboard throttle.

I rely pretty heavily on the hat switch on my X52 throttle that lets me use it with my index finger. Imagining having to do the same stuff with my pinky or ring finger makes me cringe, but I am a bit anal about having to reprogram my muscle memory.

Now I just feel like I'm nitpicking, but I think the above would be a seriously annoying ergonomics issue.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

You can see the controls on the forward part of the throttle at 0:45 seconds in. I'm further disappointed by the appearance that the right most throttle has two buttons on it whereas there appears to be either a 2 way or 4 way hat on the left most throttle.

If thats the case, isn't the hat in the wrong spot? Don't think I've seen a real military split throttle with a hat not on the inboard throttle.

I rely pretty heavily on the hat switch on my X52 throttle that lets me use it with my index finger. Imagining having to do the same stuff with my pinky or ring finger makes me cringe, but I am a bit anal about having to reprogram my muscle memory.

Now I just feel like I'm nitpicking, but I think the above would be a seriously annoying ergonomics issue.

That does look pretty unusable and I've not even used a throttle with it on the inboard before, so I don't think it's a muscle memory thing but basic ergonomics.

Sadly it seems Saitek have made some really poor design choices with this stick, so I guess I'll have to wait for a decent hall-effect sensor stick and throttle that I can use to fly the KA-50 which also has the correct controls for the A10-C. I'm not in a great rush as DCSW can't maintain playable fps on my system at the moment, so until EDGE is released I can't fly anyway :(

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I've just pre-ordered the X55 through Amazon, and take a look at the estimated delivery date:

Estimated delivery: Jan. 30, 2014 - Feb. 6, 2014

:smilewink:

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I've just pre-ordered the X55 through Amazon, and take a look at the estimated delivery date:

Estimated delivery: Jan. 30, 2014 - Feb. 6, 2014

:smilewink:

Hi,

:thumbup: Detailed pictures - the Throttle from all sides

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Saitek-H-O-T-A-S-Throttle/dp/B00HHAIY72/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1389276998&sr=8-10&keywords=saitek+x55

# Edit :

Is this the same ?

* Smooth-action slider control (X52)

* 2-Position Slider (X55)

I'll wait for tests and the price for Europe.

Edited by Blech

Hi,

:thumbup: Detailed pictures - the Throttle from all sides

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Saitek-H-O-T-A-S-Throttle/dp/B00HHAIY72/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1389276998&sr=8-10&keywords=saitek+x55

I'll wait for tests and the price for Europe.

Looking at pics, interesting that they moved the hat switch to the left throttle, seems weird to use the ring finger for that?

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

You do realize that those are the same pics that are on the vendor website? :huh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That CMS button on X55 doesn't look like 4 way hat? Anyone thinking sameway, or am I just blind? No 2 stage trigger. Really strange decisions with this joystick, Im leaning towards to Warthog now. Atleast now I have excellent excuse to use 2x the money. :P

Hats looks really having plastic flimsy feel. Meh. :(

You do realize that those are the same pics that are on the vendor website? :huh:

Hi,

:doh: Ok - I found them.

The pictures are only in the SHOP and not on the main-page under FLIGHT SIMULATION - "X-55 RHINO H.O.T.A.S. SYSTEM™"

It's probably the official price. I can't see them trying to sell it for more since it really isn't anything special.

That's what she said! :P

Lol, :thumbup:

Actually looking at the specs, that's a 2-Way ‘K’ Switch, so up/down. Maybe not so bad.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Me too on X65F. And it sucks big time in A10C.

why, because the PAC doesnt engage before the cannon to stabilize firing?

I have no issues with putting rounds on target with the CH.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Lol, :thumbup:

Actually looking at the specs, that's a 2-Way ‘K’ Switch, so up/down. Maybe not so bad.

So we traded a 4 way hat switch in the index finger area for a 2 way hat in the pinkie area.

Count me as unimpressed.

If it were a K switch AND a 4 way hat then I'd be down.

(I am of course thinking of the X52 when I compare)

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.