New Saitek X-55

I am led to believe the " pinkie paddle " that is shown at the 20 sec. mark will be able to be mapped as a second trigger thus giving the dual trigger function so many require...

The Stick/Throttle will be two separate functioning units each with it's own USB..so in theory they could be used as stand alone units and can be combined with other products.

The X-55R brings the mythological affordable HOTAS to the field and has a realistic look and probably feel to the hand very similar layout as the plastic grip I use to fly the EC120B that is my daily work space it also appears to have a dura touch coating on both components even better !

As soon as I get my X-55R and get it dialed in I plan to make a video of it's use with the UH-1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKsBcMyirqk

Edited by scrtagnt69

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When this is released in th EU I´ll have to get one. If both throttle and stick can be used separately, it might be nice to combine the G940 stick with the X-55 throttle for example... Best of both worlds.

Hi,

amazon.de 199,99 € not yet available

My X52 is about 5 years old and since one month the potentiometer is defect ( cleaning useless )

At time : X52 Throttle + old Thrustmaster Stick ( :mad: reduced HOTAS )

The price is interesting - but I will wait for tests

I like the X52 ( rudder incl. for heli´s )

And who knows - there can be a lot of interesting used X52/X52Pro's on ebay - when the X55 is available

as interesting as the X55, i backed out of it as soon as I saw the unbox video. I want metal, so when my pilot friends come over they don't see this as a toy.

The throttle is interesting for the lot of button and rotaries, but it looks light and plasticky.

I want metal, so when my pilot friends come over they don't see this as a toy.

most people think of gaming and simming as playing with toys... so who cares if it's plastic or metal, as long as it's working as it should ;)

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

Yes but at present i'm running an X52 standard edition and that is a bad bad stick. So if anyone is looking to buy saitek X52 then make it the pro one.

when you do the magnet & tensioner mod, it's actually a pretty good stick then. Bought mine nearly new for $30 off of craigslist, and made those mods.

I'm really curious to hear the first reports of how the X55 works out....

If I could pre-order the X55 off of Amazon right now, I probably would. I have a couple Amazon gift cards (from Christmas), burning a hole in my pocket. ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

when you do the magnet & tensioner mod, it's actually a pretty good stick then. Bought mine nearly new for $30 off of craigslist, and made those mods.

I'm really curious to hear the first reports of how the X55 works out....

If I could pre-order the X55 off of Amazon right now, I probably would. I have a couple Amazon gift cards (from Christmas), burning a hole in my pocket. ;)

For now I have ordered a new X52 Pro but will also try out the X55 if the reviews give it the thumbs up.

Yes but at present i'm running an X52 standard edition and that is a bad bad stick. So if anyone is looking to buy saitek X52 then make it the pro one.

$5 worth of earth magnets, a piece of plastic cut from the top cover of a 50 pack of burnable dvds. Better than ever.

The Pro is no better than the standard for the slop and sensor issues, and even going up to the TM Warthog you get reports of issues with Stiction.

I'm sorry to say that there is pretty much no solution to sim hardware that doesn't at least suggest you need to do some home modding.

Such is life.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

$5 worth of earth magnets, a piece of plastic cut from the top cover of a 50 pack of burnable dvds. Better than ever.

The Pro is no better than the standard for the slop and sensor issues, and even going up to the TM Warthog you get reports of issues with Stiction.

I'm sorry to say that there is pretty much no solution to sim hardware that doesn't at least suggest you need to do some home modding.

Such is life.

Yes I will do the X52 Pro DVD mod.

Such is life.

i tried the magnet thing, the only thing that happend is i got a smaller gimbal, and that increased the accuracy within the gimbal, the stick needs a more accurate sensor.

where the "heck" are you guys pre-ordering from??? the Saitek site? I'm awaiting Amazon to post something, so that I can too... (got some gift cards I want to burn through). :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That is where I pro-ordered from, Saitek.

gracias amigo.

I'm hoping something comes up on Amazon. I will place a pre-order, if it shows up there....

where the "heck" are you guys pre-ordering from??? the Saitek site? I'm awaiting Amazon to post something, so that I can too... (got some gift cards I want to burn through). :)
I pre-ordered from Amazon.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I pre-ordered from Amazon.

and you're the only lucky fella to do so! ;)

you still have the same delivery date? can't wait to hear your usage report!

you still have the same delivery date? can't wait to hear your usage report!

I have not received any additional e-mails from Amazon. Original conformation e-mail listed delivery dates of between Thursday, January 30, 2014 - Thursday, February 6, 2014.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Word is early April is the expected start of the shipping for US/CAN pre -order...They (Saitek) did send me a message(below) saying thanks for the pre- order and they will be paying for the shipping via UPS.

Your X-55 Rhino Pre-Order

NOW Includes

FREE Ground Shipping*!

Dear ,******

Thank you so much for

pre-ordering the X-55 Rhino!

To show our appreciation, we are waiving the ground shipping charges for your

pre-order!

If you selected ground shipping during checkout, there's nothing you need to do. We've taken care of everything!

If you selected expedited shipping and would like to take advantage of our free ground shipping offer, please contact our customer support team by submitting a ticket to make the necessary changes.

Please Note: When submitting a ticket, please select the button next to the "Online Store Orders" to ensure it gets sent to the correct department. (As shown below)

Thank you again!

Saitek Team

Edited by scrtagnt69

I want one but, I'll wait until the bugs are ironed out..

:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Have to admit, this looks better than the warthog for jets with radar. It really annoys me not having any rotaries on the 'hog. I wish they'd just put one next to the pinky swithch on the throttle like in the F-15. I know you can use the friction lever instead but it's fiddly and more 'hands off throttle and stick' than on. I also like to use that for zoom.

I'm going to wait it out and see if TM make an F/A-18C replica. That would be epic.

I don't know if to get it or wait for pr0 version which I think will be release after time.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ