New Saitek X-55

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap pot's in throtle, why saitek is so stupid that won't use hall sensors in throtle. :mad:

They're not stupid. They know they will sell thousands of 55's anyway. The fact that 90% of reviewers are not fit for the job will help it. Add hordes of forum excusers (users defending a poor product) and there you go.

And this

I also dont like these dual switch "self centering" toggles, to me if you going to put toggle switches on, let them toggle on/off, not make them flick switches that pull themselves back to the centre. (THEY THINK MORE BUTTONZ ARE BETTERZ)

I can't believe thy've pulled this .it again, making toggle switches NOT-toggle switches :D

EDIT:

I looked again at it https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/102572/so-i-got-my-saitek-x-55-rhino-early/p4 and to be fair the pots are not the crap pots I suspected. They actually used quite solid pots. In comparison to the crap pots. And still pots and not hall-efect sensors.

Edited by Bucic

I can't believe thy've pulled this .it again, making toggle switches NOT-toggle switches :D

Does seem annoying but I guess it has one advantage in using a switch for flaps, as with a proper toggle switch you could only move the flaps up or down one step, whereas with a self-centering switch, you can move the flaps more than one step by flicking the switch in the appropriate direction more than once.

Although I suppose with a proper toggle switch you could still do that as long as the centre position didn't send any command, you'd just need to manually move it back to center and then up/down again.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Although I suppose with a proper toggle switch you could still do that as long as the centre position didn't send any command, you'd just need to manually move it back to center and then up/down again.

Or in the case of the A-10C where the flap switch is an actual 3 way toggle it would work perfectly.

So many cool ways you could use 3 way toggle switches. The one 3 way switch on my X52 is used to great effect.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

They're not stupid. They know they will sell thousands of 55's anyway. The fact that 90% of reviewers are not fit for the job will help it. Add hordes of forum excusers (users defending a poor product) and there you go.

And this

EDIT:

I looked again at it https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/102572/so-i-got-my-saitek-x-55-rhino-early/p4 and to be fair the pots are not the crap pots I suspected. They actually used quite solid pots. In comparison to the crap pots. And still pots and not hall-efect sensors.

What exactly qualifies one a competent reviewer please elaborate.

I've been having annoying throttle problems... 50%-100% is fine, but then it jumps from 50-idle and back to 50. It's like the bottom half of the throttle is too sensitive. Inside the HUD software, the axis read fine. It could be something to do with the throttles split being read as an X and Y axis. I'll mess with the curves and see if I can't fix the issue.

In the mean time, if anyone else has this problem or a fix, let me know.

To the people that have the x-55 now: Are the bases the same sizes as the x-52pro?I want it more and more, but am a bit worried about trying to mount it where my old HOTAS is.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

I've been having annoying throttle problems... 50%-100% is fine, but then it jumps from 50-idle and back to 50. It's like the bottom half of the throttle is too sensitive. Inside the HUD software, the axis read fine. It could be something to do with the throttles split being read as an X and Y axis. I'll mess with the curves and see if I can't fix the issue.

In the mean time, if anyone else has this problem or a fix, let me know.

I fixed my own problem.

When you calibrate the throttle, through the windows USB settings, make sure you calibrate the "leave the stick centered" (since it thinks the throttle is a stick) parts with the throttles at 50%, not idle. When it says "move the stick in complete circles" make sure you go full, aft, split the throttles and do them full and aft seperately. Works perfect in game now. Still trying to work out the speedbrakes and slew control for my X-55 profile A-10C profile

Wow, that sucks... sorry to hear that, specially cuz mine is coming from the same place :/

Let me elaborate, it didn't arrive broken or anything, its not because of the packaging or the transport (at least I doubt it.) The throttle is fine but the joystick's axes are very laggy and none of the buttons work. Seems to me like I got a lemon.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me elaborate, it didn't arrive broken or anything, its not because of the packaging or the transport (at least I doubt it.) The throttle is fine but the joystick's axes are very laggy and none of the buttons work. Seems to me like I got a lemon.

You definitely have a lemon. My joystick is the quickest and snappiest of any joystick I've ever used.

My mouse nipple on the other hand, twitches, spazes, and is unusable. Then again there's no way to test it outside of the HUD software. I made a profile to bind the mouse nipple to the slew for an a-10, but it doesn't work. Anyone want to test the profile for me? see if it works for you? I need to know if I misprogramed or if my mouse nipple is broken. Send me a PM if you wouldn't mind trying it.

(I wish they called it something other than a "nipple")

on the x52 pro, the mouse nipple moved the mouse around. It doesn't, on mine. Does it on anyone elses?

Edited by Shein
added info