New Saitek X-55

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I/II here, PM if you have questions or anything. And trust me, I know that icon when I see it. ;) ATP-R for me soon. Cheers

Thanks I will!

@Shein,

Did you try txmtb solution here :

This is how I do with my X52Pro and it works flawlessly, doing otherwise I got the same issue as you with your X55.

Hope it helps.

Yeah. That is how I tried, and how I had it on my X52 pro as well. No luck.

Sithspawn, can you PM me the profile you used?

Preordered mine today at amazon.de for 200€. They say it´ll be there March 2014, but that seems doubtful to me.

The thottle has soo many buttons to map that I could even live without the mouse nipple and in videos you can see that the friction has been decreased compared to the X65F. Let´s hope it won´t be tto long until they ship them here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Preordered mine today at amazon.de for 200€. They say it´ll be there March 2014, but that seems doubtful to me.

The thottle has soo many buttons to map that I could even live without the mouse nipple and in videos you can see that the friction has been decreased compared to the X65F. Let´s hope it won´t be tto long until they ship them here.

When you are like to pay with PayPal, then you can order at GameSharkStore directly, because they have 5 left in stock right now ;)

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow. Amazon USA still says April 2nd for me. And I pre-ordered in January.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

When you are like to pay with PayPal, then you can order at GameSharkStore directly, because they have 5 left in stock right now ;)

WOW! This is really bad for Amazon USA!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Quick check at Saitek store, and it looks like Rhino is available all over Europe, and it is still on pre-order in USA? Wow, what is one to say?

Thx, but it´s just another pre-order, isn´t it? They don´t really have any in stock or do they?

No, its not a pre-order, they have 5 in stock right now. :yes:

I just dont like to pay via PayPal, otherwise i would buying at the GameSharkStore.

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, its not a pre-order, they have 5 in stock right now. :yes:

I just dont like to pay via PayPal, otherwise i would buying at the GameSharkStore.

Ok, now there are only 4 left in stock :angel:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems like I took the last one from the french site. :angel:

:music_whistling:

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

Was anybody able to map snap view to stick hat..No joy when I tried w/UH-1.

only way I was able to get it to work is to clear all the entries in the sim for the views tied to the stick, and then add them to the profile you are creating. Then you get both sets of functions attached to the hat..w/o pinky and with.

Well, I was just a little sceptical since pre-oders had begun not too long ago in US/CAN and sometimes online retailers will display false information to get people to buy stuff at their shop. At least I´ve seen that happen in the past.

But even more surprisingly, Amazon.de has already shipped my unit and it´s underway right now. I´m actually a little excited, but it probably won´t be here before the weekend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Well, I was just a little sceptical since pre-oders had begun not too long ago in US/CAN and sometimes online retailers will display false information to get people to buy stuff at their shop. At least I´ve seen that happen in the past.

But even more surprisingly, Amazon.de has already shipped my unit and it´s underway right now. I´m actually a little excited, but it probably won´t be here before the weekend.

Hotas has arrived today, and everything is fine so far. I´m just need more time for programming all the planes and helicopters again. :joystick: :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, hopefully Hermes will deliver tomorrow. I´m especially expecting more precise and smooth output from the htrottle compared to the G940 and I´m also hoping to map more functions to it. Fingers crossed...

Guess there will be some impressions to share soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

If you manage to bind the mouse nipple to ,./; for slewing on the A-10 or ka-50, let me know because i've been trying to do it ever since I got mine a week ago.

Ok got my X55 as well yesterday, loving it so far.

I finally found a way to map mouse nipple for slewing.

Old X52 bands solution didn't effectively work for some reason.

Solution :

4IPdIWDl.png

do0Fsa4l.png

1- Bind mouse nipple as "Bands"

2- Assign slew KB keys as "Commands" instead of keystrokes (right click -> new command)

3- Name your command (ie. Slew Left)

4- Left click in "Press" section

5- Hit the KB key to assign, you will see it binds the press and release action

6- Left click the release action to select it

7- Then right click it and select "Delete" so you only have the press action

8- Hit "Ok"

9- Edit bands to your liking, I found 15% on each side to work well

Then slew KB keys will be repeated as long as you maintain the mouse nipple in the corresponding direction, because by just assigning them as simple keystrokes wouldn't repeat them and so it wouldn't work in the game.

It still require so time to handle this, as the axes of the mouse nipple are kinda off, "up" is rather "up/right" and so on.

:smilewink:

Another thing :

You can assign Airbrakes to the SBK "slider" as well.

Even if this "slider" is in fact an always on button when slid to the right.

Solution:

In the same manner as for the mouse nipple solution :

FlsyLwEl.png

1- Assign binding as "New command" (right click -> new command...)

2- Name your command (ie. Airbrakes ON/OFF)

3- Hit 'SHIFT-B' (Airbrake ON) in the "Press" window

4- Hit 'CTRL-B' (Airbrake OFF) in the "Release" window

5- Click "Ok"

This way, Airbrakes will extend when you slide SBK to the left (and it will do the keystroke only once) and as soon as you put back SBK to the left they will retract.

This X55 is definitely a nice refresh over my (good) old X52.

At least it works well with USB3.0 and the rotary on the throttle are rock stable (unlike the X52).

:)

• Like 2

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

Ok got my X55 as well yesterday, loving it so far.

I finally found a way to map mouse nipple for slewing.

Old X52 bands solution didn't effectively work for some reason.

:)

YOU

ARE

MY

FREAKING

HERO

I can't givve you enough positive rep. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

only way I was able to get it to work is to clear all the entries in the sim for the views tied to the stick, and then add them to the profile you are creating. Then you get both sets of functions attached to the hat..w/o pinky and with.

I was able to get snap views mapped out to the castle and hat 1 ..thank you for the advice ! :thumbup: