Iris Mig29 movie

SUBS17

That's excellent! I think I may have to reinstall FS2004 and get my credit card out. The high AOA modelling looks like great fun, and those dirty engine trails are very realistic... well, they certainly match the few Mig-29s I've seen fly! :-)

Given that AFMs are still a long way off in LOMAC for the aircraft I enjoy flying, this looks like a great buy... especially the version with carrier landings! FS2004's landing modelling is particularly satisfying, on a par with the satisfaction of getting a 25T down in one piece.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Andrew McP

PS. I originally bought FS2004 just for a great Tornado mod I wanted to buy. I was going to use it in my recent movie, but it's so good it would've made the LOMAC footage look very poor.

Talk to Grover from Kiwisim, he made that movie and can probably tell you more about that mod. I've only used FS2004 a couple of times, it doesn't impress me much as far as jet combat is concerned but for movies its a better platform in some cases.

http://www.kiwisim.net.nz/

Hopefully destroyer might model the K as it looks very cool landing a 29 on a Carrier.:icon_supe

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Wow very cool...I must have that. I've been mulling over MS2004 for a while. Thanks for the link! :icon_supe

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Awesome!

Engine smoke, more realistic wingtip flow, AoA effect (on LERX) and the realistic afterburner flame. I think these features are missing in LOMAC...

Eagle Dynamics let's wake up and check this movie!:)

i'm with u Reaper!:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great video!!

I stopped installing fighters for MSFS after lomac was released. It’s difficult to just fly around in MSFS with a fighter when you can launch Lockon and use all of the weapons that are loaded onto your plane .. unlike MSFS where they are just there for display. Although it can be fun to shoot the cannons and watch them hit ground targets, especially when in an Apache, but no damage is ever caused and after a while it gets boring.

Just a note regarding the FM of fighters in MSFS; well they rarely handle all that good to be honest with you and nothing like lockon that’s for sure. For landings, gentle turns and general manoeuvres, that a civilian plane can perform, it works great but for the more extreme manoeuvres then things start to get pretty bizarre .. e.g. odd yaw seesaw when turning tightly, very difficult to slow down and the most annoying tendency to continue rolling forward while on the ground even though the throttles are set to idle and the parking brake is on arrggg. etc..

All in all as a huge fan of MSFS, been flying it since FS2000, I would say it doesn’t lend it self to military operations very well but for civilian applications it can’t be beat. Although I haven’t tried the mig in the vid I did see at least one of the problems I mentioned above… no big deal but once you’re used to flying and fighting these aircraft in lockon then its hard to just fly them like civilian planes.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I view the movie as something that is possible graphics wise for lockon, particularly the smoke and also the 3d model of the 29K. I know smoke is already possible for FC but would be very cool if it were added in properly one day. eg Destroyers Mig29(yeah hopefully the K):cool:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Oooh! Is the high AOA modelling really as good as that kobra at the end makes it look? I spend most of my time in the Su-27 flying displays, not trying to kill things 10km away, and that movie looks like the flight modelling's good enough to keep me happy until the AFM gets added to LOMAC at some point in the (far) distant future.

FWIW I've always been pretty impressed by FS2004's flight models, not just the low speed passenger aircraft (maybe I'm just easily pleased ;-). And as the 25-T proves in LOMAC, there's no substitute whatsoever for a decent landing model. It's infinitely more satisfying to land when you've got proper modelling of all the wheels.

I also loved the bomber at the end (Tu-22?). It makes me wish LOMAC was more of an "open" sim. There are downsides to having 3rd parties designing aircraft, but the upside is so huge in a genre with such dedicated followers, who cares!

Never mind, no harm dreaming I suppose :-)

Andrew McP

PS And I see there was full Tir4 support in the cockpits! Looks like credit card could take a hammering this month; that website is full of lovely aircraft. Must... re... sist!

I view the movie as something that is possible graphics wise for lockon, particularly the smoke and also the 3d model of the 29K. I know smoke is already possible for FC but would be very cool if it were added in properly one day. eg Destroyers Mig29(yeah hopefully the K):cool:

How do you add smoke in FC?????????? :o :o :o :o

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is two ways, the first is to use the smoke pods the 2nd requires editing some files to hide smoke pods in the engine bays. I'm certain it was done last year by someone. It looks alright but the smoke effect isn't as good as the effect in this movie.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]