Not understandable permanently Starforce Problems

Guest Petze

this my mail to lockon.ru, i forwarded to support@star-force.com too.

can somebody please explain what is going wrong with starforce copy protection? I would like to have this issue permanently solved. asking lockon.ru every day for a new serial for the webpackage of lockon1.1 doesn't fix that problem!

the whole thing makes no sense to me.

this my mail to lockon.ru, i forwarded to support@star-force.com too.

hello,

over the weekend i had a lot of problems with that nice starforce thing, without having changed anything at my hardware starforce required a new activation. but this activation was not possible, got by internet activation an error and by activation via web.

i have sent you the starforce bug report but didn't get any answer from you.

ok, i restored a backup of the first harddisk that was backed up before the starforce problems. after the restore lockon1.1 was running again without a new activation.

Today i have installed a new driver for the motherboard (a driver for the amd 64x2 dual core cpu) because mozilla thunderbird had time out problems with dual core cpus, rebooted the pc and now again starforce says i would have changed the hardware. this is definitely not true. but now restoring drive c: doesn't help again. starforce says i have changed my hardware. this is *NOT* true.

My guess for that starforce problem is:

starforce is too stupid to work with modern dual core cpus and doesn't get the right configuration information. I understand your need to protect LockOn, we are a software manufacturer too.

But you must understand too, that I really don't want to spend my activations because of that obviously buggy starforce malware.

i have only 2 left, 1 was for the first installation, the 2nd for a starforce problem on the old pc and the 3rd for computer change.

please help me with that problem, it is very, very nervy.

Things like a Saitek X-45 with Aux-1 button activated can make Starforce want to be re-activated so if Starfore wants to be reactivated and you know that there has been no hardware changes the look for the cause of it because there is something wrong like the x-45 aux button.

Changing your Mobo bios reports that you have a new Mobo installed. This is why starforce would want to be reactivated. This happened to me as well so I reactivated it. No problems. But since I have 12 activations left I didn't see this as a problem.

Also if you have had valid reasons for running out of activations then e-mail ED with your details and they will give you a new activation code. Ruggbutt recently did this and recieved more.

Hi Im having similar issues with Starforce, 3 auto and 1 manual activation and now i have no activations left.

And you know the funniest thing about it ?? not one piece of hardware has changed.

Ive used the tool to save the registry but even after reinstalling FC and/or windows and applying the registry file, activation was needed.

First couple of times this happened it was due to memory problems, Timings being too tight for the speed they were running at, so setting slacker memory timings invoked a reactivation.

Had this for about 3 weeks and now its not playable. So im gonna email Tech support and see what they can do.

Peav