Create markpoints v. steerpoints w/ flightplan for targets.

jeproject

Don't know.

I usually set the STEER PT Dial to MARK that way the markpoints show up as individual waypoints and then I choose how to fly to them.

I can always go back to the flight plan by setting the dial back to FLT PLAN.

Yeah this makes more sense to me. Adding the markpoints to a flight plan just seems like extra work for no gain. There must be a reason but I wont worry about it for now. This is working.

When marking targets of oppertunity why do people add the markpoints as steerpoints in a flightplan when it seems just as easy to scroll through the markpoints.

It might be more flexible to use. Markpoints can't be deleted and perhaps you want to exclude some MP in your set. And you can't reorder the sequence.

So, if you have marked your targets as D, E, G and I but the sequence is sub-optimal for i.e. a quick multiple Maverick attack run, you could make a FP from them that looks like G, E, D, I. Then you would only have to switch quickly through them instead of having to focus to make no mistake by selecting the correct MP.

i am pretty sure the average hog driver is faster remembering 5 letters (or writing them on the canopy) than creating a new flight plan....

If you are using the mark points a lot, you could run out of 25 points you have. so maybe you need to store more in a flightplan???