Palyseat Flightseat

7_62x51

I've just recieved my new Playseat chair.

It's a bit expensive, but the product quality is really high.attachment.php?attachmentid=90917&stc=1&d=1385159865

Apoligize for poor image quality... :doh:

IMAG0096.thumb.jpg.7321882081ebfde86421ec67d001afbc.jpg

| CPU: Intel I7 4820K@3.9GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX780 | MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Thrustmaster Warthog; OE-XAM collective; CH Pedals; CH control panel.

Looks good. I tried to get one of those but two units with defective parts later, I ended up with something different.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Dear Mr Burns,

I have got to agree with you, had one of these 3 years ago, wife took one look at it and said "you wish ???" and rather sarcastically "I should be so lucky", next day she said I`m not having THAT in the house, sold pretty quick on ebay !!!......LOL.

regards, etc

Dear Mr Burns,

I have got to agree with you, had one of these 3 years ago, wife took one look at it and said "you wish ???" and rather sarcastically "I should be so lucky", next day she said I`m not having THAT in the house, sold pretty quick on ebay !!!......LOL.

regards, etc

Can you imagine at the family BBQ, the seat in its "not fully erected state" (pun intended).

Walking in on Auntie Sue the saucy old girl having a go...

Sorry but pure gold.....

You said have a go on your playseat...

I meant fly the plane you filthy old bag!!!

:megalol:

• 9 months later...

I've recieved my new collective by Oe-xam: 20140915_201551_zps3c3aa875.jpg

20140915_201541_zpsce8a0abd.jpg

It's a nice piece, metal made smooth and precise.

| CPU: Intel I7 4820K@3.9GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX780 | MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Thrustmaster Warthog; OE-XAM collective; CH Pedals; CH control panel.

• 3 months later...

I wish Playseat would offer that Flightseat with some pedal mounts, like they do with their racing seat counterparts.... That's the only drawback I can see right now.

Or, do you happen to know if those could be retrofitted?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

With the Joystick on the side you can adjust the height to your liking. With the Centermount it depends,if you are using a Warthog stick with extension it could be too high. But with any stock Joystick it shoud work fine.

As for the Pedal mount,I don't think it's possible to attach one from the other Playseats. But if you are not afraid of drilling some holes you could relatively easy make your own mount and assemble it to the seats frame. Or maybe something similar like I did,if you got room for it.

2.thumb.jpg.4ce7830393809fd8eef0efe2258930dd.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello,

i'm looking at the playseat too now, and i wondered, in the upper position would it hold a racing wheel properly ? I've seen the picture with a yoke there, but would it be sturdy enough to handle the force feedback ?

and stupid question but : how do you get in that seat ? :music_whistling:. that black (mamba) rod coming from the chair is ...well... a life changer i guess :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2447498#post2447498

This wood, glue and corner parts cost me less than 20 USD combined.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

sure it's an idea, but your chair...:( , i've been siting on a plastic ikea chair for years... our backs deserve better than that :joystick:

With a little upholstery and cushioning I might do it.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Why not consider a used Carseat? I've switched to one some months ago and it is much more comfortable and cheaper than a Playseat. But it's not an all-in-all solution with mounting brakets etc. and you would need to make a box or something to mount the Carseat to.

well, i went crazy, i bought one too. It's really hard to find a good solution for Flying, racing and still being able to use my desk for regular usage. Sure it's more expensive than what's its worth...but there few competitor out there. And used car seat doesn't quite fit the living room (and i don't wanna test the WAF on this ;-) ). I'll come back when i get it for a quick review

• 2 weeks later...

got it

So I finally received mine, it was quicly assembled, there was just one seat how which didn't align with the frame, preventing the last of 4 screws to get in, no big deal it's sturdy enough with 3 :).

It's also given with a warthog throttle predrilled plate (i think)

The metal frame is well made and painted, the rest of the gear is of equal quality. It's quite confortable, even if my lower back gives me some pain after a few hours without getting out, i might need a little cushion. And the biggest issue is getting in and out with everything mounted, the central rod and the side throttles support... if you forgot the beer in the fridge ...you'll be in for some stretching ;-).

I use it for flying (CH fighterstick and X52 throttle) with center mount, and for racing with a g25 (whose pedals are also used as a rudder...).

I had to velcro the throttle to the side plate, but the stick works just fine on the central panel without moving. And this rod is sturdy enough to handle the G25 FFB.

The thing has no wheels , weight 25Kg, and won't move a bit. only the pedals will move back with strong inputs (need to secure them somehow).

Beware though it's a bit lower than a regular desk chair, so for regular desktop usage (or fps game) it's a bit different, but not unconfortable. But for flying, it's the top, before , i could only fly the Huey for an hour before getting pain in the throttle arm. Now ...i can spend the afternoon in it :pilotfly:.

I still think it's a bit too expensive for the product, they sell it to thr price people are ready to buy it, not to what's is worth , i guess... But i definitely not regret it. Best all around for the price.

I checked intensively the 2 obutto and volair before, but all included with delivery fees...it's was minimum 800€ and up to 1100€ for the volair ! I got mine for 520€ all included .

hope it will help a few to make up their opinion. Don't hesitate to ask if you want details and/or picture

cheers