Rescue Mission

Cibit

Hi Huey pilots, I have neglected the huey for ages because I so love the Hip and have been making missions specifically for that. I have converted my latest one for the UH-1h but unfortunately there is no UN skin for Russia.

The main differences from the MI-8 version is an ADF broadcast instead of ARK-UD the Cargo weight added is less and the number of evacuees per load is 10 instead of 18. This means some groups will require 2 trips:)

Please provide feedback:thumbup:

Broken missions replaced. I broke a script apologies:P

UN Flight night & rooftopsUH-1H V3.miz

UN Flight rooftopsUH-1H V3.miz

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry I have a bug. The loading is not working since I changed the aircraft. Trying to suss it now

Fixed missions uploaded

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this that 3 hour mission you were talking about?:smilewink:

Ya, I'll have to give it a shot.

No this one is. Fly very slowly and very high to shadow the convoy to the secret base. And no using autopilot;)

Let me know when you do it and I will convert the follow up mission so you can kill things:music_whistling:

Observation UH-iH V1b.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please provide feedback:thumbup:

Great mission idea, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

But I had a lot of weirdness going on (see below for specs).

Still on the tarmac, I zoomed in and out a little and discovered that the helicopter's skin changed depending on zoom factor (or distance). Is this a known bug with the Huey?

Screen_131130_011509.thumb.jpg.117cca57e8bcd9d80df33c5c6d622a5b.jpg

Screen_131130_011511.thumb.jpg.93b050a4731674387aa2a0f667baf09d.jpg

As soon as the factory exploded, my FPS dropped to around 10ish (from 50) in the vicinity of the factory.

After the explosion, I spotted soldiers on a large, flat-roofed building next to the factory and tried to pick them up with the F10 radio menu, but they didn't enter my Huey.

So I abandoned them, landed next to the factory near some kind of airshow crowd, almost sunk into the mud, and this time the F10 "Pick up troops" responded that there are no troops to be picked up nearby.

I returned to the roof once more, but again noone would enter (confirmed by "Check cargo status": "Your cargo bay is empty").

So far, this mission doesn't seem to like me. :music_whistling:

As soon as I left the factory behind, FPS recovered to the 45-50 region that I normally get.

Specs:

DCS 1.2.6.20768

OS Win 7 64 Ultimate

Core i7 2600K @ 3.4

8GB DDR3 1600

GeForce GTX 660 (Gainward GS), 2GB GDDR5, Drivers 327.23

Hi Yurgon thanks for feedback mate. Can you check you had latest version. I re uploaded the missions it should be version 3. I had problems with a messed up ctts script so reloaded the original.

Never seen huey do that maybe I made mission with add-on skin rather than stock.

Trying to get a blend of Hollywood explosions and player fps is tricky. Will attempt to tone it down.

The trigger to inform of survivors is tripped when south of explosion "unit in zone". May have to have timer instead.

Will look into it all when I can.:thumbup:

Edited by Cibit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just tested it again and it worked. Yurgon if you play it again try to fly south for a couple of blocks and a message comes up telling you to tune to 450 on the ADF. You will find first group like that:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just tested it again and it worked. Yurgon if you play it again try to fly south for a couple of blocks and a message comes up telling you to tune to 450 on the ADF. You will find first group like that:)

Okay, I tried again. :)

Indeed I found the first group like you described. But they just wouldn't enter as long as I parked on the roof. I tried landing next to the building, and then they entered the cabin. Strange fellows. :D

A message appeared about everybody standing on rooftops because of strange gas on the ground. That message sort of stuck. Even when querying the Cargo status, it read "You have X troops loaded" for about a second, then the gas-message reappeared.

I dropped the techies off at the airport, returned to the factory, landed on some roofs with survivors, but none wanted to be rescued. Guess the smoke from the burning factory made them too dizzy or something. :D

I tried landing on the charred ground to see if I could pick someone up like that, but then DCS froze. :cry:

Reworked the rescue mission to take into account no pick up from roof tops. All extractable groups now at ground level. I had to make it a bit harder so its now early morning. Use your searchlights:music_whistling:

Oh I also toned down the explosion and it looks even better:)

UN Flight rooftopsUH-1H V4.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Cibit,

maybe it is just me, but I have a really hard time to understand what exactly I should do in that Mission:) When the Factory explodes I am told to search for survivors..o.k. I keep flying to the site, and then a Radio Call pops up that says that some techs transmit on 450..so I naviagte to them pick them up and fly back to the Base (as told) and unload them a the Flare...but nothing really happens?! o.k. I checked your Mission and looked at all Triggers in the Editor..so I get the Idea..but maybe you should add more radio Messages that guide the pilot trough the Mission better...maybe a Trigger when you leave the area that someone says "Hey..there have to be more Survivors..look out for some smoke signals" or something like that:thumbup:

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Hi Lizzard,

I initially had radio messages but they stopped working for some reason. I figured that as there have been several incarnations of this trying to get it right most people would have sussed it. I really post missions in this section first to see if people enjoy them and give feedback before I upload them to user files. Well thats the idea;). I have had such problems with this that I have left it for a while before polishing it and redoing it.

My biggest problem is that when the extract groups are dropped off at Beslan the mission does not recognise the group names any longer. This means I cant use the group in zone as a trigger for text messages. When I find a work around I will reimplement the messages. I also want to add a counter so you can see how many evacuees are left to recover.

Thanks though for your feedback it is most appreciated and I will (time permitting) try to correct the errors and omissions when my skillz develop.

Currently I am working on a simple mission hauling cement from the docks to a railway station and trying to get a way of counting loads left. Once I suss this it should be starightforward to add the counter to the rescue mission:thumbup:

PS I will take on your point about messages when leaving area. That would probably work fine thanks:)

PPS thanks for the skin Dejohn:thumbup:

Edited by Cibit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right someone I think it was dahui asked for a civil engineering mission, here it is.

Build a bridge:lol:

Just kidding its a mission to transport cement to a railway station about 30 Km away IIRC, not far anyway!

Mission Brief

Our company has been contracted to build a new platform for Russian State Railways. We have a ship berthed in the port of Novorossiysk. Fly there and when they see you they will pop smoke. There are 10 loads of concrete to transport from the docks to Abinsk Railway station. Once the loads are delivered return to Novorossiysk International Airport and shut down for the day. Leave room for a running takeoff till your fuel is less as these stevedores like to give you a full load. It means they have more time to drink tea while you struggle over the hill in your long suffering overloaded and overworked bird!

Abinsk Railway is East of Krymsk Aerodrome. VFR applies

Tasks

Take 10 loads of cement to the railway station after first picking it up off the freighter berthed in the harbour. Land at the smoke on the middle jetty. Avoid flying over built up areas it will be a flying brick with all that cement in back!

Tips for the mission.

Land close to the ship to load cargo.

Use F10 menu then F2 to both load and unload cargo. F3 will tell you if you are loaded.

Text will notify you at pick up and drop off how many loads have been delivered.

Anyone trying this can you please tell me is cargo too heavy? (1200 KG)

Is 10 loads a bit boring?

Does everything work as it should.

Dynamic weather?

Should I put in some SAMS:megalol:

Things to do.

Add scores so you get some form of payment for your time.

End trigger.

Do people like these cargo delivery stylee missions~?

Working for the railwaysV1b.miz

Edited by Cibit
Oops forgot to attach .Miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Working for the Railroad...

Hi Cibit, tried 'working for the railroad V1b', fly to dock where (weird column of) orange smoke is located, Message "Loads delivered: 0" shows up, land close to ship to try and load cement, get message "you don't have any extracble evacuees or pick up zone nearby".

Even landed on top of the cargo containers on the ship's bow, but keep getting same message regarding "no "*" zone nearby"....

Was wondering if I'm maybe missing something here maybe, thanks.

(using DCS V1.2.7.23803)

9671660_Loadsdelivered-Smokecolumn.thumb.jpg.02eb8776f73d1975135d9975c47c6fda.jpg

Edited by DSPALLASVI
Added picture

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Ok, thanks for the quick reply... 1.2.8 offers plenty of new opportunities!! Look forward to other interesting missions coming from you! :thumbup:

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5