Assetto Corsa

Suchacz

Great new car sim, available on Steam's early access as a Beta.

IMHO it provides the most believable driving feeling from all similar driving sims. I can recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...maybe you dont know, that you can enable an AI opponent!

video description:

Assetto Corsa - Race Pagani Zonda R VS Ferrari 599xx Evo - Race vs AI

HOW TO DO IT :

If you want to try go to:

...SteamSteamAppscommonassettocorsa­launcher hemesdefaultmodulesearlyacc­ess

and the file in question is called earlyaccess.js (it has the icon with sth like a scroll inside a white square). Open it with the Notepad and edit the following line:

$(todisable.join(",")).addClass("disable­d");

Put it enable

$(todisable.join(",")).addClass("enable");

after that save the file, and from now on we can select a race with a defined number of opponents. However, only one car behaves more or less sensibly, the rest just crash into one another :). Still, it is a way to judge the performance of the sim - and it doesn't look bad at all :).

AI works only for Ferrari 458, 599XX, that vintage Lotus and formula Abarth(Tatuus). Still WIP and obviously not for public!
Edited by Suchacz

Update 0.5 is now available :thumbup:

- AI & Race Events

- End Race simulation

- Session Ranking app fixes

- Driver Names displayer

- Proximity Indicator & damage displayer follow GUI

- Small GUI fixes

- Special events have pre-determinate parameters such as Temperature

- Warning for high CPU occupancy

- Real time position

- Steam Achievement fixes

- fixed suspension animator in replay

- chase camera shake parameters exposed in launcher

- Modifications on tyre model combined forces grip. Tyres more sensitive in combined forces, cars more sensitive under braking and acceleration. Resulting in use of traction control more interesting even on racing cars

- Modifications on tyres heating modeling.

- BMW Z4 35is drift upgrade

- BMW M3 E30 group.A is now the early model with less power and no ABS plus chassis modifications and 5 speed gearbox

- BMW M3 E30 DTM version is now an upgrade to the early model and retains only the 6 speed gearboxes.

- BMW 1M series

- Lotus Evora GTE

- Modifications on Ferrari F40 suspension toe links

- Modifications on Tatuus FA01 aerodynamic drag.

- BMW Z4 35is toe fixes and tyre compound fixes

- Pagani Zonda R ABS levels

- Ferrari 599XX Evo default alignment setup modified to cure oversensitive steering.

Ported "Joux Plane" hill climb track from RBR :thumbup:

Great fun! http://www.kegetys.fi/joux-plane-for-assetto-corsa-from-richard-burns-rally/

Edited by Suchacz

• 3 months later...

0.9 MP Released.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the Editor came out recently, very extensive. completely undocumented though :).However I have created a new method for scenery creation which is exciting me to no ends.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Release candidate is out now.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

• 2 weeks later...

While RC version is absolutely great and a lot of improvments practically change what I knew before in a good way, SimMods.org strikes again :).

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.898824200129125.1073741836.294401370571414&type=1

That is a fantastique mod and I am so sad that people do things like that and keep such valuable work for themselves.

Anyway, the work is impresive!

• Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

• 2 weeks later...
the Editor came out recently, very extensive. completely undocumented though :).However I have created a new method for scenery creation which is exciting me to no ends.

a bit of skinning and special effects design.

iiRdAsNl.png

aoaRcnCl.png

8erpWGTl.png

nice skin.......:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Assetto corsa now is heavily updated and has a lot of dlc on the market. By the way I was wondering if I should get a car pack in assetto corsa or the f15 bundle. About the American ice, but I'm not too much of an fc3 fan.

In order to successfully "play" DCS, you need:

1. A Supercomputer

2. The budget of the US department of defense