Fog of WarH

I think the reason for that is the challenge of determining "when" a human player spots anything. At least implementing a minimal radius would be nice so there is a reasonable perimeter where you would expect units to be spotted. At least for the P-51, fog of war can be very useful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

That would equate to proximity radar for the player even when he might not be able to actually see anything below him despite it popping up on the map.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Have the AI pilots lost their ability to spot enemy units recently? I swear when I played the first SU-25T campaign mission last year that my AI wingman was spotting units 50km away and now he's lucky if he sees something at 15km.

As it sits, personally I would like to see a way to play the game without using labels or the F10 map to see enemy units but at the same time have something like a pen/paper(maybe on the kneeboard) for the pilot to automatically say "killed 3 here, have 3 more reported here."

That would probably be an utter pain for the developers to implement, but at the same time, it seems unlikely that they will implement ground units calling out airstrikes to the pilot...

For me, using F2-F12 feels like cheating, as does labels, but at the same time, there needs to be a compromise for the sake of the user because there is an obvious lack of communication that would be present in real life.

Just another side question: at what actual distance can real pilots spot things like tank formations? In the simulator it seems like in the SU-25T, anything over 5km would be almost impossible to see and yet constantly scanning terrain with the SHKVL would be somewhat, if not totally impractical.