Difference DCS World SU25T and Flaming Cliffs 3 SU25

A lot!

The 25T has advanced capabiltys comper to the 25. It has a TV unit... phantazmagora and flir pods..ecm..IIRC...

Guided dedicated atgms and a few other good stuff too....

Not as fast but.... its better in some respect...

The Su-25 is a beautiful aircraft with (in my opinion) the best rendered 6DOF cockpit of any of the DCS aircraft.

Yes, the 'A' is missing long range sensors, but it still carries laser guided missiles (incl Kh-25ML), is a great bomb truck and - if not overloaded - is both manoeuvrable, and has a good T/W ratio.

The 'A' has plenty of devotes among DCS users...

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
F15C is nice to fly, at list in FC3...

The Eagle (read 'Chickenwings') is only good for serving as a mid-afternoon snack for the Cy-25T :D

VdHrGxKYiy8

What's the difference between DCS World SU25T and the Flaming Cliffs 3 SU25

Just that: They are two different planes........

The one is a Cy-25 and the other is a Cy-25T (Tankovy).

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

But after sometime flying with the F15C, when you`re in the Su25A, things seems so slowwww.... ;)

It is relative if you are flying 50 meters above ground... :smilewink:

The Eagle (read 'Chickenwings') is only good for serving as a mid-afternoon snack for the Cy-25T :D

VdHrGxKYiy8

Just that: They are two different planes........

The one is a Cy-25 and the other is a Cy-25T (Tankovy).

I'm really sorry, but that irks me to no end when people write Cy-25, 27 etc... You're not writing in Cyrillic in the rest of your post, so why not use the Latin characters in this as well? Something wrong with saying Su-25?

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

Difference is the Su-25A is in service IRL Su-25T is not :) (only a few prototypes ever existed, as it proved to be too expensive, though they saw some real combat testing in Chechnya).

Russian Airforce decided to go for the Su-25SM upgrade. Georgians have their own Georgian/Israeli designed Su-25KM 'Scorpion' upgrade and Ukraine has some own program as well called Su-25M1

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

I love the SU25.

I use DCS more as a flight sim than a flight sim/Mil ops sim.

I very rarely drop a bomb/fire a round these days....just a pure flight sim to me....

In this respect the SU 25 has a new cockpit that I rate as graphically good as a FSX/XP10 Caranado production.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through visiting every airfield on the map in the SU 25 and love the new ones. Again a quality that matches either of the top two pure flight sims.

At the end of my last days off quality sim evening, I Had just finished an IFR flight into one of the new airfields and sat there admiring the SU 25 cockpit once having turned the engines off and thinking 'I really enjoyed that flight'.

I love to finish an evenings flying sat there having really enjoyed the flying, admiring the quality of the A/C cockpit/Airfield and already looking forward to the next session.

The SU25 never fails to have me looking forward to more time with her and would recommend it as a purchase. If you wait for the DCS sale you can even pick it up cheap.

The latest update seems to have the instrument needles responding very well.

A nice AFM too.

I love flying it.

Edited by drack

The Su-25 is a beautiful aircraft with (in my opinion) the best rendered 6DOF cockpit of any of the DCS aircraft.

I agree. I think the cockpit designed by one pride is just amazing and better than the quality of flanker, warthog pits. The F15 pit once again looks pretty good. But hey...not major complaining...6dof cockpit is good enough for me. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I'm really sorry, but that irks me to no end when people write Cy-25, 27 etc... You're not writing in Cyrillic in the rest of your post, so why not use the Latin characters in this as well? Something wrong with saying Su-25?

I like what he did there, besides. :)

SIR I OWE YOU THREE COOKIES

IT WORKS

ACH MEIN GOTT

NO ISSUES

YES

Thank you very much, you are a gentleman for this.

You folks are much better than 4chan

Don't know what all that means because its half English and erm.. half German, it's not irking me but what's wrong with just saying, thanks. :D

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

One stand out difference between the T and the A is the A's Klyon PS Laser-range finder and target designator. Works great for slant range but when firing laser guided missiles the target que must be manually slewed to stay on target.

If you can master that in a combat environment and not get target fixated and/or over fly your target, you can pretty much do anything in the game.

Well at least for me it is tough to master and that makes it fun and challenging.

It is relative if you are flying 50 meters above ground... :smilewink:

Way below 10m.... ;-) that is the real altitude when you can't go anymore lower and you will shoot only cannons a head to make kills in second or two spotting time while flying around forest's :-D

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

In the Su-25A, once you lock the target on ground, it stays on it even as you maneuver away after you launched the missile.

You can destroy units with Kh-25ML and Kh-29T from up to 8km.

And no, you do not have to manually keep the target after you lock on it visually from HUD, it stays locked on it, or the ground if you aren't very accurate, but it does not move away from what you have locked it on, as long as you're within the limits, but it goes way outside of the HUD freely.

You only have to adjust for moving targets, not stationary, if that's what you meant by it.

Thanks for clarifiying, yes I was referring to moving targets. The klyon PS does ground stabilize.

• 6 months later...