Advanced Engine Model (AEM)?

Oh dear, that old argument has raised its head again?!

Leaving the room now.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

• 3 weeks later...

Albatros team work on a AEM(T)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1960698&postcount=398

Advanced Turbofan Engine Model

I began work on this new fully dynamic engine model back in October, but it has not been implemented into the simulator at this point, so many things are still subject to change. However, I thought I would pass along some details about the planned features of this new turbofan engine model for the L-39. So far, I have written the entire engine model into a standalone program that runs at the same frequency as the DCS flight model and reads my throttle inputs in real time to simulate realistic dynamic conditions. I also view the output of the engine conditions in real time in several performance graphs.

Improved Thermodynamic Model that accounts for enthalpy changes across each subsection of the engine given inefficiencies and current dynamic conditions

Inertial Twin Spool Rotor Modeling

Aerodynamic blade drag for each compressor/turbine stage

Fuel Governor with a simple control algorithm to maintain sufficient fuel pressure at varying altitudes and airspeeds

Compressor/Turbine Efficiency Curves based on airflow and rotor speed

Two Anti-Surge Bleed Valves affect performance of the engine in the specified ranges for the L-39

Combustion efficiency dependent on Fuel/Air ratio

Air-starter Modeling of initial engine spool up

Light-off produces correct RPM acceleration and combustion allows for self-sustaining idle conditions

etc.

An example output from a slam acceleration/deceleration test in an early version of engine and fuel controller.

1558391_691799584175266_826369447_n.png