Suggestion - War ravaged cities

ATechnique

I posted this on reddit also, just thought I'd make a post here too.

I was watching a few videos from the 2008 South Ossetia conflict and I realized that in a war, cities don't normally look like they do in DCS. So I thought, wouldn't it be possible to make different textures for cities? Then in the map editor you could select which texture you want to use for a city for a certain mission. That would certainly make things more interesting.

I just flew through a mission where one of the cities was trashed by artillery- large sections flattened, etc... and yes- though the concept is horrible to imagine, it did add some pretty substantial climate to the scenario.

I started more artillery to missions for that same reason! It really does change a lot and it really helps the battlefield look like a battlefield. Just look back at old photos and videos of Grozny during the wars in the 90's.

I hope a developer has seen this post. It shouldn't be too hard to implement something like this.

The other thing you can try is right at mission start you can set off a bunch of explosions all over the place... by the time aircraft get to the area the fires will have burned out or will be smouldering- adds a very chilling reality to the scenario if that's what you're looking for.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

The other thing you can try is right at mission start you can set off a bunch of explosions all over the place... by the time aircraft get to the area the fires will have burned out or will be smouldering- adds a very chilling reality to the scenario if that's what you're looking for.

If there are units in the area, wouldn't the explosions kill them?