New Heliport

secret8440

Hi guys. I am working on a Hospital with an helipad on it for some medevac missions. I think this was asked before, but i wonder if there is any way to make this model show as an "Heliport" in mission editor so we can spawn on it. I can place it as a ground vehicle (by the MODS folder) but it is not the best way to place an heliport :P

I just started modeling it today, so there is a lot of work to do. I can use some advice on the design itself. Thanks guys!

render1.jpg.5ab997d15c4a52645147e3ea469257ad.jpg

render2.jpg.276d792181f99f2f2a7c02fbcb12ca92.jpg

hi mate,

the following are only rough ideas, i dont know if they will work.

find the db_units_misc.lua

in it you will find the db.Units.Heliports={...} entry.

under Defaults category you will see a CLSID. the same CLSID can be found in the db_categories.lua, being the ID for heliport as it seems.

if you change " DisplayName = _("FARP")," to " DisplayName = _("FARP test")," for example, you will find that entry in the mission editor, so most likely at this place you can include a second heliport.

from here i would try to find a file where objects are listed with their CLSID's and add your model there, so you can include it in the Heliport list.

as stated above, i dont know if it will work, buts thats where i would start looking.

regards & good luck,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Well, no luck so far. Looks like it is just limited to one Heliport. I tryed a lot of differents combinations of sintaxis, but DCS World not even start, or not show any heliports in mission editor.

So this is one of the code that start the sim without problems but only show the default FARP.

db.Units.Heliports = 
{
   Tasks = 
   {
       [1] = 
       {
           WorldID = "15",
           Name = _("Nothing"),
       }, -- end of [1]

[2] = 
       {
           WorldID = "15",
           Name = _("Nothing"),
       }, -- end of [2]
         }, -- end of Tasks

Heliport = 
   {
       [1] = 
       {
           CLSID = "{24FC9197-F225-4f2a-8A31-BD51DC7BDAB6}",
           Name = "FARP",
           DisplayName = _("FARP"),
            }, -- end of [1]

[2] = 
   {   
           CLSID = "{49CCB1EE-8285-4191-B474-71180D24192A}",
           Name = "Hospital",
           DisplayName = _("HospitalH"),            
        }, -- end of [2]
       }, -- end of Heliport

DefaultCategories = 
   {
       [1] = 
       {
           CLSID = "{E6490BAB-7129-4d23-9023-1CFE810886EF}",
           Name = "Heliport",
       }, -- end of [1]
       [2] = 
       {
           CLSID = "{E6490BAB-7129-4d23-9023-1CFE810886EF}",
           Name = "Heliport",
       }, -- end of [2]

}, -- end of DefaultCategories
}; -- end of Heliports

I even tryed trough the mod folder (the right way to do it) editing the lua file but no luck.

I take a look into the wsTypes.lua to see what WStype i need for the heliport but the sim ignore it.

I will keep trying.

Upuaut made a bunch of heliports. to access them you go to static objects. Send him a PM it may help you out.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1923949&postcount=88

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good find, although i think it will not help.

i sent him a PM and will post any news here.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

• 3 weeks later...

ok, took some time, but i got an answer. upuaut doesnt know, if it is possible to spawn helos on objects, saying that his offshore platform is working like the one already in the game.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

Terry Pratchett

Hi guys. I am working on a Hospital with an helipad on it for some medevac missions. I think this was asked before, but i wonder if there is any way to make this model show as an "Heliport" in mission editor so we can spawn on it. I can place it as a ground vehicle (by the MODS folder) but it is not the best way to place an heliport :P

I just started modeling it today, so there is a lot of work to do. I can use some advice on the design itself. Thanks guys!

Amazing looks great !!:thumbup:

I still need a helipad for my medevac and rescue accident for my imagination.:thumbup::music_whistling::joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 3 weeks later...

i had an idea today, maybe someone wants to try it.

first to say, we only have FARPs, Airfields and SHIPS where we can spawn helicopters.

now the idea:

it might be possible, to get the helicopter landing/parking stuff out of the lua file from i.e., the perry class ship.

question now: is it possible to attach those lines to another unit? i.e. an infantry or vehicle?

if so, you could place the original unit next to the place where you want the helicopter for startup, and just edit the spawn coordinats within the unit.

the infantry could be placed as invisible, so you would only see the cold helo.

just an idea.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

Terry Pratchett

Hi Roadrunner,

I don't think that the landing/parking stuff is defined in a .lua file.

I think it is either in a special file, like the .rn files for the Airfields, or it is inside the 3D Model.

Without a hint/help from ED it is not possible to find a solution. Or we wait for EDGE and a Map-Editor.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

For ships it is in the .LUA file, I have no idea about FARPs...

The Question is, Will ED give us hints or tell us.....?

There is a second single landing FARP thingy in the shapes folder but it is not textured or ingame.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I think the Hospital with Helipad is needed, but not right now.

First Should be a Infantry module or some extra tools for the Combined Arms. Belsimtek have made two wonderful Transport helicopters but, where is the utility for them?

So an Hospital with Helipad is needed for the wounded. after some time we get by radio we should pick up some fresh infantry units at the Hospital with Helipad. We need at least a refueling for this Helipad.

But we need see a better Infantry or something that bring to the game a better performance for the Infantry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For ships it is in the .LUA file, I have no idea about FARPs...

There is a second single landing FARP thingy in the shapes folder but it is not textured or ingame.

Hi joey45,

I could only find the landing coordinates for the heli in the .lua file from "CVN-70 Carl Vinson" (GT.Landing_Point = {-104.0, 19.6, -33.0}), and it works if I change it to the midpoint of the ship, but could not find parking coordinates.

I don't know if it is a bug or normal, but if you let 4 AI Helis land on the "Vinson" they are all landing on the same point and then you have 4 Helis standing into the other on deck.

The single FARP in the shape folder has a texture, I have added it to my static objects.

You can see it in the background of the picture.

Screen.jpg

Edited by upuaut

For landing coordinates ad a point helper where you want the heli to land and in the MV it will have the proper X, Y, Z coordinates that you enter in the LUA file.

Would be nice to have more then 1 landing coordinate for ships. Not sure how the FARP is coded..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Joey i create more static object(walls,lamps etc) but never heliport...but i have only idea...edit landing point in lua(1,2,3 point) and in StructTable.sht you definition: classname = "lHeliport"; I think is automaticly if you defin. class you can land or start from this heliport.....it's worth a try....hm??

Update: now i search this 2 file what i think you must edit...db_precountries.lua and db_unit_misc.lua

Edited by SVKSniper

Hi,

unpack this file to ..DCS\Mods\tech than you can find the FARP at Structures in the Mission Editor. Place it only on flat areas.

The other way is to edit these three files:

db_precountries.lua

db_units_ground.lua

StructTable.sht

But with every DCS update it will be replaced with the default files.