RRG Website ????

Injerin

Is there going to be an Official website for this addon, or are we going to be getting our info from the Kickstarter website or here? I know some of the pledges get special BACKER medal on RRG official forums. Not that I care about the medal. I just think having a central hub for this would be less confusing and might bring in more interest for the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am guessing that the website being prepared to handle the pledge options is just part of the RRG site so it will quite likely come all at once.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, I think if they had a website that others could still pledge through would really make a difference for the project. From the start of this project I have been trying to get as many people involved as possible that have never heard of it. I personally think if there was a central hub for this there would be alot more money invested for the project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Wanted to gift some DCS World P51 licenses to friends for christmas, was promised to be available from October (as digital extras, $250 matrix tier 7). No replies, no website -> no gifts.

Okay, this is not the most important in the scope of the project, and all will be forgiven if the product turns out great. But this aspect of the business MUST definitely be managed better if it should have any chance of succeeding.

MAC

P.S.: Luthier's last visit on 'his' forum was on 11/01/13...

bah humbug, still no keys for my 200 dollars.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Would be nice if they let the "talking about it, but not doing anything" stuff to the politicians.

I'm in no doubt that the direct development work is going on with full throttle BUT If you step into a new type of business (crowdfunding) you should at least try to adapt to the new challenges and treat the investors with some more respect.

If you don't want to deal with it or don't know how to deal with it, don't do it.

P.s.: Still looking forward to the alfa in February, I hope at least this one is going to go as told...

• Like 1

TrailBlazer

• 4 weeks later...
Still looking forward to the alfa in February, I hope at least this one is going to go as told...

Speaking of which... Anyone heard anything about this? February isn't that far away. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I believe RRG are keeping with the 3rd party developer tradition which is to not have a web site until after they have released a couple of modules if Belsimtek and Coretex Designs website is anything to go on.

They at least have to have something ready for the backers to select the matrix rewards (alpha access is in there too). Seems to be more complicated than initialy planed...

The website is in the same place as my backing reward, nowhere :thumbdown:

Can't believe I got suckered again like CLoD initially.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I don't see how they can have an Alpha anything without a "Working" DCS EDGE.

I see someone is paying attention. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not saying that I like the situation, but I think is important to point out is the following:

By backing or creating a fundraising campaign on Kickstarter, you agree to be bound by this entire Agreement, including the following terms:

• [...]

• The Estimated Delivery Date listed on each reward is not a promise to fulfill by that date, but is merely an estimate of when the Project Creator hopes to fulfill by.
  • Project Creators agree to make a good faith attempt to fulfill each reward by its Estimated Delivery Date.
  • [...]

I think some of the workload was just underestimated. And this, plus the fact that some of the stuff has to come from ED ("it's done when its done"), gives a nice coctail of delays and in the whole project.

It depends on what we call "alpha".

I don't forecast a real DCS WW2 "alpha" before somewhere next year. more realistically, we'll surely see one way or another an alpha version of the planes... But something with

Planes

IA

Map

Everything that goes "in" the map (buildings, etc)

Missions/campaign

Doc

and of course - the separate WW2 program.

This - I don't see it happen this year - even as incomplete stage. Nothing against that - it's just my estimations. We'll surely see a revamped DCS with a WW2 icon but not something completely fresh.

And "if" It happen in 2013, i'll be really happy to be proven wrong. :)

Having a nice 3D model of the current flyable plane is just the tip of the iceberg. They is a way more work underlaying below it.

Let's just be patient.

It depends on what we call "alpha".

I don't forecast a real DCS WW2 "alpha" before somewhere next year. more realistically, we'll surely see one way or another an alpha version of the planes... But something with

Planes

IA

Map

Everything that goes "in" the map (buildings, etc)

Missions/campaign

Doc

and of course - the separate WW2 program.

What you've described above would be a full beta. An early access alpha would be covered by 1 plane with incomplete functionality operating in a small 30x30km map. Then alpha updates could be rolled out periodically as they come available for further feedback & testing.