Target Drones...

If all you want to do is practice target aquisition etc. & you're doing it off line no-one's going to complain about team kills ( & there aren't really people in the planes you know !) put whatever you want to practice on in your own side, give it a route & Bob's your Uncle.

Cheers.

I've tried that with friendly F-5E's and they still attempt to evade the missiles. The AI difficulty settings in game (Average, High, etc...) must control some numerical and logical parameters such as reaction time, decisions to engage etc and surely these could be set far below the average setting to create the desired effect. The question is where these parameters are stored and if they are user-accessible.

I've tried that with friendly F-5E's and they still attempt to evade the missiles. The AI difficulty settings in game (Average, High, etc...) must control some numerical and logical parameters such as reaction time, decisions to engage etc and surely these could be set far below the average setting to create the desired effect. The question is where these parameters are stored and if they are user-accessible.

Nope, not user-accessible by any means. You can try using cruise missiles, but the intercept is going to have to happen at 50 m.

Why don't you want your targets to evade the missiles anyway? Even unmanned drones do some evasive action. My advice would be to just set up a few MIG-25RBTs (or whatever the recon type is called) and shoot those down. They don't have chaff or flares, so that's not going to be a problem.

sigzk5.jpg

I'm trying to set up a few training missions for my friend to run through to learn the basics of A2A combat. Is there anyway to simulate an unmanned target drone? I'd like to have some non-evasive targets but even at their lowest setting, AI aircraft are able to evade missiles.

In the coalitions page make them on the same coalition as your flight.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I'd also use this trick.... AI will think you are a friendly and won't react.

Yes, but they would still react to any missiles you fire at them. I think he AJ wants to just fly around and snipe things.

I think cruise missiles would be your best bet, since they don't react or evade to missiles, but MiG-25RBTs and F-117s are also good. If you want to increase your missile's chances to kill your target, shoot from below rather than from above.

sigzk5.jpg