Stepanovich's code starts again below.

-- do

-- sanitizeModule('os')

-- sanitizeModule('io')

-- sanitizeModule('lfs')

-- require = nil

-- loadlib = nil

-- end

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Within the MissionScripting.lua which you will find in ->

DCS World install folder -> scripts

You have to edit following part

do

sanitizeModule('os')

sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

to:

-- do

-- sanitizeModule('os')

-- sanitizeModule('io')

-- sanitizeModule('lfs')

-- require = nil

-- loadlib = nil

-- end

if you want to use it in multiplayer... does everyone need to do this change?

Tried it, and it would run the script, but wouldn't populate with the sam systems or control them. When I checked the IADTarget.lau, it is populating targets both blue and red. But Iads_List and Iads_Network are both empty of entries. Below are the entries of both files, hopefully Grimes will be able to let me know if this is normal for these files.

iads_list =

{

} -- end of iads_list

iads_network =

{

} -- end of iads_network

Within the MissionScripting.lua which you will find in ->

DCS World install folder -> scripts

You have to edit following part

do

sanitizeModule('os')

sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

to:

-- do

-- sanitizeModule('os')

-- sanitizeModule('io')

-- sanitizeModule('lfs')

-- require = nil

-- loadlib = nil

-- end

Edited by Rapier-VCG-

While Quax's suggestion is accurate to get the writing files to work, its not going to actually fix anything. I suggest changing those lines back to their original state...

You can set debugWriteFiles to false so those messages go away. The files that are written are more for anyone who wants to debug the behavior of the sams because they are tweaking the code and don't really offer anything to someone who is just trying to see if it works or not. Besides you shouldn't have debug messages enabled if you are just plan on playing the mission with friends.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

While Quax's suggestion is accurate to get the writing files to work, its not going to actually fix anything. I suggest changing those lines back to their original state...

You can set debugWriteFiles to false so those messages go away. The files that are written are more for anyone who wants to debug the behavior of the sams because they are tweaking the code and don't really offer anything to someone who is just trying to see if it works or not. Besides you shouldn't have debug messages enabled if you are just plan on playing the mission with friends.

Hey there Grimes,

Have tried it either way, problem is the IADscript no longer populates its database with the SAM systems you specified like it did in the past. As said before, I am currently running the latest Mist(version 4.1.61), and what I believe is the latest version of the IAD Script.

If there is anyone else out there that is running the IAD script without any problems on the latest build, let me know so I can start eliminating possible causes. Am attaching my DSC Log file for reference.

Love this script and hate it not working as it did for me.

dcs_log.zip

• 5 weeks later...

Such an excellent job!!!!!!!!

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Haven' t tried in 1.5

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

Well I tested the script in a mission running simultaneously CSAR, EWRS and CTLD scripts. There is none visible conflict between the scripts. The only think is that I don't know how to check how it works.

• 1 month later...

So... Is this working in 1.5? I ran the test.miz.... and it did not seem to work...

I updated to the current MIST in that test miz and still most of the SAMS did not shoot....

The only other change I made was making the SU25T's AI so I could watch it on my PC that doesn't have my HOTAS on it... would that have broke it? If not... just not working right now or did I not know what I was looking for to see if it was working?

Thanks.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

So... Is this working in 1.5? I ran the test.miz.... and it did not seem to work...

I updated to the current MIST in that test miz and still most of the SAMS did not shoot....

The only other change I made was making the SU25T's AI so I could watch it on my PC that doesn't have my HOTAS on it... would that have broke it? If not... just not working right now or did I not know what I was looking for to see if it was working?

Thanks.

Hello SageOT.

It is broken... I know Grimes is going to fix it in two weeks, hahahah. No, seriously, it does not work anymore and actually grimes told me that he will fix it... But I dont know when. THe script is really good... very CPU friendly...

We have to wait and ask him to do whtever changes are needed to make to work!!! I would love it.

Hello SageOT.

It is broken... I know Grimes is going to fix it in two weeks, hahahah. No, seriously, it does not work anymore and actually grimes told me that he will fix it... But I dont know when. THe script is really good... very CPU friendly...

We have to wait and ask him to do whtever changes are needed to make to work!!! I would love it.

Thanks! I could have wasted a lot of time. :wallbash: :) It looks awesome, hope he is able to get it up and running again.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

I didn´t do some in-deep testing, just checked the debugging messages and they seemed to be ok. At least it indicated that most of the radars were dark and only one searching. The debugging also correctly counted the SAM launches.

If the other radars were really off, I don´t know. There were are are issues with the Group AI ON/OFF so it is likely that the script is not 100% working as intended, but I only tested it briefly. At the moment I would not expect any script to really work as intended, there are simply too many bugs in the scripting environment, so at some point I just gave up and wait for the next patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I broadly concur with Snafu, that radars were acting differently and turning off and on but its hard to tell if its sneaky or accident or what logic that goes on under the hood.

Uhmmmmmmmm.... i ll double check again! Thanks!

Tested!!! And it works! Yeahhhh!!!! Thanks everyone!

Edited by ESAc_matador

One issue I encountered early on when I started to fix it was that there was strange behavior with EWRs. As in when an EWR was the only radar in the system that was turned on it wasn't communicating with other sams to power up and engage relevant targets. Its not a problem with normal sams. The other major issue is how the logic to rearm ground vehicles has changed since initial release. Simply put once a sam runs out of missiles or gets rearmed via nearby warehouse the script doesn't know about it. Which is what I've spent the majority of the time updating the script on before I got a bit sidetracked on testing 1.5.4 and other stuff. I should probably dive back into it to get some work done before the Arma 3 expansion gets released. :P

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Grimes,

Trying to get the below script to work, but might be having an issue with understanding how the game engine interprets it.

The following script will add all groups with the phrase 'sam' into the mission.

iads.addAllByPrefix('sam')

The following code adds three sams to multiple networks

iads.add('ewr', {link = {'main'}})

iads.addAllByPrefix('nSams', {link = {'main', 'northD'}})

iads.addAllByPrefix('sSams', {link = {'main', 'southD'}})

Now what I am trying to do is have all the EWR in their own group so they can track and correlate incoming threats as they cross the border. Now Currently have 2 groups in the template, 1 as a EWR and then the supporting sam units. Now is there anything you could see in the script that would inhibit it working properly?

Now what I have entered is as follows:

iads.add('ewr', {link = {'main'}})

iads.addAllByPrefix('BSD1', {link = {'main', 'TiblisiD'}})