Future WW2 Europe 1944 map

Fifi

Hi,

If you devs, could give us same detailed and quality map as the one that was made for CloD, in future Normandy area, i'll be a very very happy customer :thumbup:

Not that the current DCS one is bad, don't get me wrong i'm enjoying it, but the artist (s) involved in this other sim made an awesome job IMO.

I'm at lost with who made what, and who will be working where, in future DCS WW2, but i hope you will be able to release same kind of job.

Of what i saw on current WIP map/scenary screenshots, it seems to me it's pretty close to CloD high detailed map...very good point! :thumbup:

But i also wish you'll have a special attention to the sea rendering (and rivers).

Of course, it's as important as the terrain! And that's probably the weak point of DCS map (to me)...

Best sea rendering of all flight sims i tried remains the CloD one, in all honesty, so i hope you will be able to take up the challenge!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure that the finer details will be possible, but then again EDGE has been in development for a long time. So I suppose it could be quite detailed, time will tell...in CLod the sea waves wash up the beach and roll back to the sea complete with wave crashing sound, really very amazing!!.. such detail may not be worth the effort to implement them if few care. As far as I've read on the boards, I may be the only one who even noticed the wave beach action... and so what amount of detail is important in a flight sim :pilotfly:

here is a beach belly landing, notice the sand burying...again, not even noticed by most

Launcher_2013_12_21_17_06_09_718.thumb.png.544b6fba653c5410bc9128e74d75ee67.png

Launcher_2013_12_21_17_06_48_936.thumb.png.746d439d4e84b1cc3f0940d9d2b8548f.png

Edited by GT 5.0

Haha...agreed Bongo!

With DCS team, i'm very confident on the future planes FM accuracy, best proof for me beeing what they did with P51 (and others modules BTW). I don't have any fear for DCS WW2 on that matter...neither on the fantastic cockpits eye candy i saw through the WIP screenshots!

But a stunning sim needs a wonderful detailed accurate map IMO.

Just like in a restaurant, i can't really appreciate a delicious meal in a crappy environment!

To me, it's very important for immersion. Environment is fully part of the whole thing.

But i can understand for some, it's not that important...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Judging by some of the videos of other EDGE map terrains, I'm sure the EDGE graphic engine is quite capable of rendering very believable highly detailed terrain and water.

The problem for Luthier is the number of team members he has available to work on highly detailed terrain before the initial release. This won't be so much of problem later on in the series, when the EDGE SDK is released so that users can fine tune, and add to existing maps, aswell as completely new maps. If the initial release is a financial success, Luthier should also be able to add more people to the terrain building crew if necessary.

From reading other forums it seems all that matters are collideable trees and multiple cameras.........ironically actually simulating the aircraft accurately seems to feature low on the list.

Yes I've been noticing a lot of that with the alfa that's currently being talked about...not that there's anything wrong with that, it takes all kinds of people to makeup this sim world we live in.

The people here at DCS seem to be much more concerned with getting the realisms of air combat as historical correct as a PC will allow.

Edited by GT 5.0

the screenshots and videos Wags has posted about the upcoming nevada map, makes me confident that EDGE is capable of making at least as beautiful maps as the one in clod.imo it looks way better than CLOD's channel map.of course that lies in the eye of the beholder, but i think especially with time coming and the future community effort in making maps, we are going to see the most detailed wwii warbirds in the most beautiful maps ever created in a flight sim.