1.2.7 First flight...

ENO

I finally got a chance to go up with 1.2.7 and I was really, really happy with the progress so far. I watched my frames sit at 60 even while watching 2 carrier groups moving through the water during sunrise at high settings... the only dip occurred when I got back to base and it dropped to about 50... I think it was because Gelen has some boat traffic (sailboats) and some ship docks that aren't rendered very efficiently so it probably contributed since that was the direction I was looking when the drop happened.

I'm running an i7 980X at just over 4ghz with a GTX680 (2GB) at stock speeds if that gives some perspective. Nothing really racy... but definitely some brute horsepower.

I've reported a couple of the small issues I had- an intermittent graphic glitch with the huey and a radio problem...

But guys- that wake effect... LOVE IT.

I had a Vinson battle group and a Kuz battle group steaming at 30 knots down the coast... the plume effect on a couple of the ships- excellent. The bow wave- fantastic. The wake... unreal- up close you can practically see the water churning from the propellers... VERY nice.

In the cockpit, things seemed more fluid and some smoothing of edges while turning your head around... "motion blur" I think I've seen it called- looks good. Takes a smidge of getting used to but I like it better than it used to be.

I'm sure there is some work left to do- I only had a 40 minute flight or so... but I wanted to post a quick note with a few comments about the progress.

Oh yes, and by the way- thanks to ED for working so close to Christmas... Some shops closed 2 weeks ago- and the fact that you didn't wasn't unnoticed.

To folks who don't know, we're running a "stress test" on the Firehouse Server tomorrow from about 0900am to dark o'clock... I'll be submitting all required logs when necessary and ask that attendees do the same if they encounter issues.

• Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I finally got a chance to go up with 1.2.7 and I was really, really happy with the progress so far. I watched my frames sit at 60 even while watching 2 carrier groups moving through the water during sunrise at high settings... the only dip occurred when I got back to base and it dropped to about 50... I think it was because Gelen has some boat traffic (sailboats) and some ship docks that aren't rendered very efficiently so it probably contributed since that was the direction I was looking when the drop happened.

I'm running an i7 980X at just over 4ghz with a GTX680 (2GB) at stock speeds if that gives some perspective. Nothing really racy... but definitely some brute horsepower.

I've reported a couple of the small issues I had- an intermittent graphic glitch with the huey and a radio problem...

But guys- that wake effect... LOVE IT.

I had a Vinson battle group and a Kuz battle group steaming at 30 knots down the coast... the plume effect on a couple of the ships- excellent. The bow wave- fantastic. The wake... unreal- up close you can practically see the water churning from the propellers... VERY nice.

In the cockpit, things seemed more fluid and some smoothing of edges while turning your head around... "motion blur" I think I've seen it called- looks good. Takes a smidge of getting used to but I like it better than it used to be.

I'm sure there is some work left to do- I only had a 40 minute flight or so... but I wanted to post a quick note with a few comments about the progress.

Oh yes, and by the way- thanks to ED for working so close to Christmas... Some shops closed 2 weeks ago- and the fact that you didn't wasn't unnoticed.

To folks who don't know, we're running a "stress test" on the Firehouse Server tomorrow from about 0900am to dark o'clock... I'll be submitting all required logs when necessary and ask that attendees do the same if they encounter issues.

Are you saying that "motion blur" is supposed to be a new feature in the 1.2.7 beta? I haven't seen any reference to it but I may have missed it somewhere.

Not to take anything away from the Eagle Dynamics crew but Christmas in Russia comes on January 7. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not to take anything away from the Eagle Dynamics crew but Christmas in Russia comes on January 7. :)

I guess back in 0 there was a greater time difference. Or it could be that the Julian calendar still has it listed as the 7th. :thumbup:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Blooze- I only saw something about it in the forums but I didn't read the thread. When I saw the "blur" I made the connection and figured that must have been what it was about. It's VERY smooth and a lot more subtle than it used to be.

I just flew a quick mission in 1.2.7 beta and didn't notice this "blur" you are referring to. I would hate to think that I am missing out on a new feature if indeed it is an enhancement included with the beta. I have read that the new engine smoke is only seen by those with HDR turned on so I wonder if this blur may be another feature that can only be seen with HDR enabled. Has anyone else seen reference to this feature?

A-10C Pit looks more polished/tweaked in 1.2.7 than 1.2.6,

I noticed it w/ HDR and Cockpit shadows on.

Switches on Electric Panel are shiney/reflective (or it could just be the shadow).

I Might have to get a screenshot.

Panel edges are better looking at 2X MSAA vs 1.2.6 2X MSAA.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Have they fixed the A-10 cockpit shadows?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team

All Russians celebrate New Year, Christmas is not as popular.

So, watch out for Dec 31 - January 8, official holidays are pretty long (I think it is quite reasonable in this climate).

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

All Russians celebrate New Year, Christmas is not as popular.

So, watch out for Dec 31 - January 8, official holidays are pretty long (I think it is quite reasonable in this climate).

Enjoy your holidays. I don't think there is any doubt that the entire crew has earned them. :):thumbup:

There are a lot of Russians celebrating here in Phuket. I'd say 80% or more of the tourists here are from there, and they are gobbling up our precious mangoes and purple mangosteen. :D

Purple Mangosteen, all in my brain! That canned stuff just don't seem the same!

:D

Fruit of the Gods.

Like gold dust in the UK (fresh that is, canned in syrup they are sh*t though lol). Assuming Belinda Carlisle was right, and 'Heaven is a place on Earth', then by logical extension Heaven can be found where the purple mangosteen groweth bounteous and free, erm....'from every tree'. :D

• Like 1

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

If we can grow them in DCS their would be no fighting. :D

Yes, the peace of the purple mangosteen would finally reign in our war torn DCS World. :laugh:

Edited by Biggles07

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫