Huey without Doors?

Lt.Seahawk

I just wondered if it would be possible to give us a Huey like the one on the picture.

http://sra.echo619.server4you.de/galerie/bilder/files/gallery/1/UH-1C-01.jpg

(I know its just a model, but Ive seen them flying around like that alot even nowadays).

I think it would give the gunships great advantage during combat, you will have a larger field of view specially in the front section, where the doors are blocking the views sometimes. I remember back in Afghanistan 08 we had a lot of Black Hawks and Kiowas that had their Doors removed due to the reasons Ive just stated.

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

Thats the point I want to know, I thought you could take out parts of a model and thats about it?!

If they modeled every individual part, that might be the case.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If they modeled every individual part, that might be the case.

You couldn't open the doors if they weren't a separate part of the model. I imagine it is possible to "hide" parts of models.

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

If the IR suppression kit can be removed, I don't imagine why the same shouldn't go for the side doors.

Granted, I'd never ever take them off. For me, hearing the thumping noise of the Huey flying by at some distance sounds almost as good as sex, but having it less than a meter from your head constantly when sitting in the pilot seat, no thanks, not unless I get a flight helmet so I can't hear it :D

I thought it was pretty funny that the (what little) hair you have can slap on your forehead...enough to make it sting (tingle).

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

........sounds almost as good as sex

Feels? errr....wha?You like to listen, that's fine not here to judge :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

I took a ride on a Huey back when I was Infantry a few years ago, I was sitting next to the door and it was open. It wasnt THAT loud and the sound is just awesome, cant get enough of it.

Well, maybe if I was sitting in an actual Huey, or even flying it, the rotor noise would be OK, but I'm talking about the noise when flying the DCS Huey.

Galagamo: You might be more inclined to judge me when I inform you that it is your, erhm, recreational habits that I've been listening to, recorded and sold for small profits. :D

• Like 1

Galagamo: You might be more inclined to judge me when I inform you that it is your, erhm, recreational habits that I've been listening to, recorded and sold for small profits. :D

maybe publish it? make a good huey sound mod 'fapfapfapfap':smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

I just wondered if it would be possible to give us a Huey like the one on the picture.

http://sra.echo619.server4you.de/galerie/bilder/files/gallery/1/UH-1C-01.jpg

(I know its just a model, but Ive seen them flying around like that alot even nowadays).

I think it would give the gunships great advantage during combat, you will have a larger field of view specially in the front section, where the doors are blocking the views sometimes. I remember back in Afghanistan 08 we had a lot of Black Hawks and Kiowas that had their Doors removed due to the reasons Ive just stated.

maybe some pilot prefer larger fov but i think others prefer the higher protection, even if that's only a "false" protection with weak and thin doors

so would you like to have removed doors but which doors?

front pilots' doors or larger rear gunners' doors?

or all, just like on images above?

sign-pic4.jpg

I think it's not a huge difference if you get shot at with or without doors, the metal is so thin it'll make the projectile flying wild in different directions inside the chopper anyways.

I would love to see all doors removed, pilot, copilot and the two sliding side doors.

maybe some pilot prefer larger fov but i think others prefer the higher protection, even if that's only a "false" protection with weak and thin doors

so would you like to have removed doors but which doors?

front pilots' doors or larger rear gunners' doors?

or all, just like on images above?

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server: