GUI application for Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel

ArturDCS

Hi ArturDCS - works a treat, thanks for the update!

Will do further testing this week and report back.

Thanks!

Hi ArturDCS,

After updating to v1.5 things are working. I'm using 10 seconds for the ignition time ("Start" location of turn knob) and the engine starts up as expected. Thank you again.

Also, I was going to re-install the driver just in case it was updated as well, but I can't locate the proper device in Hardware Manager. Did the device ID change after installing your driver? That might be in this thread somewhere, so please forgive me if it was covered before.

Take care,

Paul

Good news on the engines.

Never mind changing the driver, if for some reason the driver needed updating the panel wouldn't work at all.

Please see the installation pdf for more information on ID's and such.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the following error when starting the app.

Any idea?

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3

Problemsignatur 01: prousbpanels.exe

Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.0.0

Problemsignatur 03: 5353f4b7

Problemsignatur 04: System.Xml

Problemsignatur 05: 4.0.30319.18408

Problemsignatur 06: 52311172

Problemsignatur 07: 976

Problemsignatur 08: 27

Problemsignatur 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Gebietsschema-ID: 3079

Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Do you have .NET 4 runtime (or later installed)?

Has it been working for you? Computer re-installed?

Getting the following error when starting the app.

Any idea?

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3

Problemsignatur 01: prousbpanels.exe

Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.0.0

Problemsignatur 03: 5353f4b7

Problemsignatur 04: System.Xml

Problemsignatur 05: 4.0.30319.18408

Problemsignatur 06: 52311172

Problemsignatur 07: 976

Problemsignatur 08: 27

Problemsignatur 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Gebietsschema-ID: 3079

Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Do you have .NET 4 runtime (or later installed)?

Has it been working for you? Computer re-installed?

Hi ArturDCS,

Yes I have. And yes it did.

I tend to think that any recent Windows Patch might be causing this. But, if so, someone else should experience the same issue.

It could also have to do with a system hang, I recently experienced.

So, according to your statement, I should try to reinstall .NET 4 FW? I will try that.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

Hi ArturDCS,

Yes I have. And yes it did.

I tend to think that any recent Windows Patch might be causing this. But, if so, someone else should experience the same issue.

It could also have to do with a system hang, I recently experienced.

So, according to your statement, I should try to reinstall .NET 4 FW? I will try that.

Yes you could try. Also change the USB-port of the panel to see if there is any difference.

Switch Labeling Template

For anyone who might find this useful, I made a simple template for relabeling the switches on the Saitek Switch Panel. I will attached a dimensiond graphic along with an example that I made for the A-10C. I did the original template in SketchUp and I will attach that file as well. If you use SketchUp, you can simply add your own text.

Hope this helps.

Paul

panel02.jpg

panel01.jpg

160303329_SwitchPanelDimensioned.thumb.jpg.eb59618dceec1c06258212fd4d92b189.jpg

Switch Panel A-10C Setup.zip

• Like 1

Yes you could try. Also change the USB-port of the panel to see if there is any difference.

Only renaming the "installaion dirctory" in my case

"c:\a\folder\saitek switch panel reader" to "c:\a\folder\saitek switch panel reader2"made it work again. Renaming the folder back, and the exe cashes again.

Any clue, why the path name causes the error?

Meanwhie I am fine with the workaroud of renamig, but I dn't understand what's the problem's cause.

Only renaming the "installaion dirctory" in my case

"c:\a\folder\saitek switch panel reader" to "c:\a\folder\saitek switch panel reader2"made it work again. Renaming the folder back, and the exe cashes again.

Any clue, why the path name causes the error?

Meanwhie I am fine with the workaroud of renamig, but I dn't understand what's the problem's cause.

? No idea what so ever. Thanks for posting the solution, in case it happens to others. But no unfortunately I have no idea why it happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you very much for making this application, now; finally I am able to use the switch panel for ALL of the flight sims I have, great work. Do you have any other saitek panels? I have them all and it sure would be nice to be able to use the radio,multi(autopilot/flaps/trim wheel...), in a similar manner. Even if the LED's don't work with it, being able to emulate keyboard presses for all of the buttons and dials on these other panels would be awesome. The BIP is a completely different matter altogether, I don't expect any support for it.

My best regards and thanks again.

Another question: Is it possible for this emulator to hold the key down when the switch is activated then release the key when the switch is changed. I am trying to incorporate the start on the magneto dial for the starter for the Fw 109 D-9, which requires the starter key (home) to be held down for a while.

Thank you very much for making this application, now; finally I am able to use the switch panel for ALL of the flight sims I have, great work. Do you have any other saitek panels? I have them all and it sure would be nice to be able to use the radio,multi(autopilot/flaps/trim wheel...), in a similar manner. Even if the LED's don't work with it, being able to emulate keyboard presses for all of the buttons and dials on these other panels would be awesome. The BIP is a completely different matter altogether, I don't expect any support for it.

My best regards and thanks again.

Glad you like it! I do not play DCS at the moment, haven't for a long time, because of my work situation and life in general I do not have time to fiddle with this now. It might change towards the coming winter. Besides that I own only this panel. I know that once the Huey can be flown with multi-cockpit I'll be back flying.

For anyone wanting to make a go at this all the source code is available and I think it could be used as a template for getting key emulation for other panels. From what I have seen the BIP should be no problem considering DCS allows for socket communication on which one can query different parameters from the air frame.

Another question: Is it possible for this emulator to hold the key down when the switch is activated then release the key when the switch is changed. I am trying to incorporate the start on the magneto dial for the starter for the Fw 109 D-9, which requires the starter key (home) to be held down for a while.

I won't look into this at the moment. Surely it must be possible. Please set the key press time to something long enough so that the engine starts. Next time I open my IDE I will look into this.

:)

Thank you for your replies, I am sorry to hear that you are so busy with life that you do not have the time to play DCS. I hate to be a bother, but it seems that any keystrokes I have mapped that have LWIN or RWIN in them are not being recognized by DCS; in both api modes and any amount of timings. I am flying the new Fw 190 D-9, which has default mappings of LWIN and RWIN in a lot of its electrical system. For now, I have remapped all the commands with LWIN and RWIN in them to alternate mappings without LWIN and RWIN in them and your applications works great like that. I am pretty sure I have the newest version of you application installed, is there a way I can check that? I don't see a version number anywhere within the application. If you have the time, please look into this issue (the LWIN/RWIN problem).

I will include my .pup bindings file for you to take a look at (the old one with LWIN and RWIN in them).

Saitek_PZ55_bindings.zip

Edited by Megatherion
added my pup bindings

Thank you for your replies, I am sorry to hear that you are so busy with life that you do not have the time to play DCS. I hate to be a bother, but it seems that any keystrokes I have mapped that have LWIN or RWIN in them are not being recognized by DCS; in both api modes and any amount of timings. I am flying the new Fw 190 D-9, which has default mappings of LWIN and RWIN in a lot of its electrical system. For now, I have remapped all the commands with LWIN and RWIN in them to alternate mappings without LWIN and RWIN in them and your applications works great like that. I am pretty sure I have the newest version of you application installed, is there a way I can check that? I don't see a version number anywhere within the application. If you have the time, please look into this issue (the LWIN/RWIN problem).

I will include my .pup bindings file for you to take a look at (the old one with LWIN and RWIN in them).

[ATTACH]102496[/ATTACH]

I will look into this too when I make the next modifications. Thanks for the comprehensive explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ArturDCS,

I'm in. If you can set up an account with PayPal to accept donations and set goal of $300-$400, I'll make a contribution. I'll pledge $30 to start. I'll offer more if you don't get enough takers.

I'll watch this thread for the next steps.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi ArturDCS,

I'm in. If you can set up an account with PayPal to accept donations and set goal of $300-$400, I'll make a contribution. I'll pledge $30 to start. I'll offer more if you don't get enough takers.

I'll watch this thread for the next steps.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks!

So which panel should I start with if this gets traction? One panel is enough to start with. I will make a separate program during the development phase so that the existing software doesn't need re-installment. Perhaps I'll make a Windows installer.

I am wondering whether each model in DCS needs special programming? I can't fact check (specification) everything beforehand, so there will be surprises.

Just FYI, I contacted Saitek last winter asking them if they could share some info on their panels and how they work (USB comm), a support person said their "programming department" would get back to me but they never did. I then decided I wouldn't buy these panels (and through trial & error get them working).

Hi ArturDCS,

My own personal choice would be the radio panel. While I would certainly put the multi panel to use, I already have many of the functions programmed on my HOTAS. On the other hand, an up front radio would be great to use as opposed to clicks on the screen.

I once contacted Saitek and asked about rumors that they themselves were going to develop software to allow these panels to work in DCS. They got back to me and said they have no such plans. I'll send another note to Saitek and ask them to work with you and/or others who want to write this software. Who knows, maybe it will help.

Thanks,

Paul

It would be great to have a working radio panel!

Edited by -Hammer-

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT