Please ask me before sharing my email address/contact-details with your 'Partners'.

PeterP

Please ask me before sharing my email address/contact-details with your 'Partners'.

THANKS!

Let me elaborate:

Three days ago I got a invitation from: K2mil(via Tapatalk)

<admin@tapatalk.com>

asking if I would like to join Tapatalk.

See attached:

attachment.php?attachmentid=92999&stc=1&d=1389638309

...I don't want to join - I get enough spam - I decide myself what I use to browse your forum.

Why you are sharing my e-mail that I used to register on this forum with others ?

Please don't do it again, or ask beforehand.

I don't remember that I gave you the permission to give contact details from me to others. I expect to get PM's from 'Friends' via the forum massaging system to my e-mail and only "ED forum administrators" are allowed to send me an email directly.

I apologise If I checked by mistake that you are allowed to share my e-mail with other.

If this is the case:

Please tell me how to switch this off.

Thanks.

tapatalk.thumb.jpg.d563f14dc38ab5b411f8fd8e9efc04e3.jpg

Do you have "Everyone" set on Contact info in your account Profile Privacy settings?

Also note that you can be sent mail through anyone that knows your name and has a google account, via their G+ integration (all Google accounts are now automatically G+ accounts). In this case, you can disable it in your Gmail settings.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

EtherealN, thank you for taking the time to answer.

Do you have "Everyone" set on Contact info in your account Profile Privacy settings?

No, it's switched of since some years.

Also note that you can be sent mail through anyone that knows your name and has a google account, via their G+ integration (all Google accounts are now automatically G+ accounts). In this case, you can disable it in your Gmail settings.

This is disabled from day one when goggle established this service.

Checked it out a bit closer:

Tapatalk reads the forum, and if your account is set to make your mail adress available, Tapatalk can see it, and Tapatalk itself can then send invitations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Over christmas I accessed this forum on a mobile device and got a message (in the browser, not by email) asking if I wanted to download "Tapatalk" or continue to the forum. Perhaps the forum software provider has an agreement with those behind this forum reader app that I assume it is. However I don't think ED is to blame.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Over christmas I accessed this forum on a mobile device and got a message (in the browser, not by email) asking if I wanted to download "Tapatalk" or continue to the forum. Perhaps the forum software provider has an agreement with those behind this forum reader app that I assume it is. However I don't think ED is to blame.

That's different. That is the forum itself telling you, on your browser, that you are able to use a different (and more mobile-oriented) browsing application if you so choose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That's different. That is the forum itself telling you, on your browser, that you are able to use a different (and more mobile-oriented) browsing application if you so choose.

I'm not saying that this is a problem. What I'm saying is that it is unlikely that "Tapatalk" is a partner of ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]