TrackIR 5

Ok i decided to buy it from amazon and while currently waiting for it

i would like to make some questions

1.is any way to assign buttons on my throttle for pause and center the TIR

2.any suggest how to set it up and what is the first thing that i should do that i do not know...

thanks for any reply..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Capture.png

It's easy to assign the joystick button for centering TIR. Choose the Center in Action drop down menu, press the Key button and assign it. The same goes for Pause.

Keep the Smooth parameter (within Motion Control) above 30 until you get used to head tracking thing.

Edited by danilop

One thing to keep in mind with joystick button assignments...

TIR has no knowledge of multiple USB controllers/devices. If you have multiple controllers with a button sending fx. 'button 7' then any one of those controllers will affect TIR. This can even apply to gaming mice buttons.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Workaround for multiple devices is assigning some obscure (unused by DCS) keyboard key combination to button in joystick programming software and using this to program TIR.

Yep. I finally had to make a chart for that since the 'obscure' key in one sim isn't always so obscure in another. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok i decided to buy it from amazon and while currently waiting for it

i would like to make some questions

1.is any way to assign buttons on my throttle for pause and center the TIR

2.any suggest how to set it up and what is the first thing that i should do that i do not know...

thanks for any reply..

I put my TIR Pause & Center on my joystick pinky lever which I personally find the best place for it. Short press of the pinky lever Centers & long press Pauses TIR. I also use key assignments that most likely will never be used by DCS or other sims. It could be modified for any warthog button.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87543

-Cheers

:pilotfly:

Edited by CubPilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

nice guys thanks

i also own TM warthog so thats nice

im curious about TIR5 how its gonna feel

and if my money worth it....;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Well, you cannot enjoy modern flight simulator without some form of head tracking, and the TIR5 is ATM the best and most user friendly consumer solution you can get. It works, it's stable and it's absolute necessity for DCS. I refuse to fly without it.

Negative points (everything has it):

It's slightly overpriced and Track Clip Pro is very fragile. However, with some care it will last. You just have to be extra careful with it (nerd rage is big no-no :D).

So, it's definitely worth the money. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Edited by danilop

Unless you are one of the very few that find TIR 'uncomfortable' to use, you will probably fall in love with it almost immediately.

It is a bit pricey but the immersion you get is awesome.

My workaround was to set functions to combinations like:

Ctrl+Alt+F12 - centering

Ctrl+Alt+F9 - Pause

Ctrl+Alt+F7 - Precission

Is quite unlikely that key combinations be used by other applications. After this I assigned these as macro's to my mouse extra buttons.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

already seen this as well a lot of others to get the idea ...thanks a lot for this buddy:)

I'm not sure why people need a "TrackIR centre" button on their joystick. I centre once on startup and that's it, I don't shift around so much while playing that I need to recentre; sometimes I can even leave my chair, come back and still be pretty much centred!. I don't use pause or precision either.

For the record, I have centre mapped to Caps Lock; no game uses Caps Lock! :)

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.