Future Aircraft

Yob

If this is about DCS WWII, then it doesnt matter what is in BOS.

You are right if talking about just one game. However considering the narrowness of WWII combat flight sim market, limited fanbase, and scarcity of the resources available, it's hardly a good idea to be a follower rather than a leader. Including planes already under development in BOS would do nothing good besides inciting more BS debates on which model is more authentic. I'd say what DCS is doing now makes more sense. Taking different niche of the market, avoiding unnecessary competition and being a leader in what they are doing.

• ED Team

I highly doubt anyone at RRG or ED is going to base their decisions on what to build on what anyone else is doing. I would hate to lose out on a particular aircraft at DCS level because its already been partially modelled in another sim/game.

You are right if talking about just one game. However considering the narrowness of WWII combat flight sim market, limited fanbase, and scarcity of the resources available, it's hardly a good idea to be a follower rather than a leader. Including planes already under development in BOS would do nothing good besides inciting more BS debates on which model is more authentic. I'd say what DCS is doing now makes more sense. Taking different niche of the market, avoiding unnecessary competition and being a leader in what they are doing.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I do hope the planned list isn't definite... I'd much rather see RRG making the Tempest V and Spitfire XIV...

It just seems that the western front will be rather sub-par compared to the axis airplanes - in the current lineup, germans are getting at least one generation better planes than the west (with the exception of the Mustang), so air battles might not be all that fair (or true to the actual theater WW2 is building upon).

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I have been participating in the early release of BOS as well and I can say they are doing some great work over there. While its a little early in development to be definitive, so far each sim has its own feel. I have no doubt that flying a 109 in DCS WWII would be a entirely different experience then flying a 109 in BOS. With that said, I think the future of WWII flight sims is looking bright and I wouldn't want to hinder any new developments. My only concern is that BOS has a substantial lead in development/organization and I think a lot of people won't even consider DCS right now due to the lack of a period correct map and the fact that you can only fly the mustang at the moment. I think by the time DCS WWII comes out they will have lost a lot of people to BOS. In my opinion, the best thing for DCS WWII is to stick to the basics. make an enjoyable multiplayer experience so we can start building squadrons and recruiting new people as soon as possible. Then expand from there to B-17's, zeros, lags, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I think many of us will be getting both BoS and DCS WWII, I know I am. The good thing is they cover such a different part of war, that there is no overlapping and also now I don't have to wait for BoS to come to West or DCS going to East before getting to fly in that particular theatre.

About the planeset in DCS WWII, Spitfire mkXI is historically correct, it was used until the end of the war in most spitfire squadrons, if my memory serves right. Anyway allied planes will be good enough to hold their own against K-4 and D-9. That said, Tempest would be nice, and Fw 190 A-8 also. And Bf 109 G-10. And many others... Well, one can hope :)

Anyway allied planes will be good enough to hold their own against K-4 and D-9. That said, Tempest would be nice, and Fw 190 A-8 also. And Bf 109 G-10. And many others... Well, one can hope :)

That was one of my main concerns with DCS WWII, but my concern was the German side. I'm sure the Dora being modeled right now can hold its own against the current Stang in DCS, but I was worried that my favorite aircraft the 109 would have difficulty winning. While my favorite 109 is the same as yours (G10), I'm thinking it was a better decision by RRG to make the K4. Based on what I've seen so far, it looks like all the aircraft planned are on a similar level to the P-51 we have now - with exception of the 262 of course, which I'm hoping will have engine disadvantages properly modeled to avoid having skies filled with nothing but them.

Hopefully we do get different versions of these aircraft for different eras, but I'll be happy just as long as DCS WWII happens by the expected date.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone