Tanker won't respond on VHF AM...

Nealius

Completely redo, or can I save the profiles I have and import them?

I didn't import anything into 1.2.7 and thus I don't know TBH.

The safe way with DCS usually is to redo all controller profiles. If you try to import and/or copy/paste, you might run into problems, but I don't know whether or not problems are likely to be encountered with the progression from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7.

YMMV.

I watched your track and couldn't see anything that you did wrong. I decided to save the track as a .miz file and launch your mission from the mission editor. When the mission launched, I set the VHF AM frequency to 140 MHz and I was able to contact the tanker.

Just curious, was this a mission that was originally created in 1.2.6?

Same here, I watched the track and the comms looked okay, but I observed the same problems that were described by horus0129.

Actually, this looked 100% like the problems I had in 1.2.6, even though I replayed the track in 1.2.7.22998, so for now I'd go with kontiuka's question and suggest a problem that was sort of imported from 1.2.6.

Thanks for your confirmations guys.

The mission was created for the track upload immediately, so it's clean 1.2.7 mission. Nothing about 1.2.6 in that.

You were able to refuel in my mission means definitely something is wrong with my installation or some settings. I'll repair the game and try again.

The mission was created for the track upload immediately, so it's clean 1.2.7 mission. Nothing about 1.2.6 in that.

Huh, definitely weird.

Just to check whether the problem persists with a mission that was created on another installation, I set up another simple refueling mission with the tanker on 150 VHF AM. Do you have the same problem when you fly this mission?

For me it works flawlessly.

yurgon_refuelling_test.miz

So...I just installed the beta and there are a lot of folders missing. Where do controller profiles, screenshots, config files, track files, headtracker files and such go?

There are two basic directories that I know of:

Installation directory:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

User data directory:

C:\Users\{Your Username}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

In my case, everything worked fine with the Saved Games directory.

Back on topic, looks like horus0129 figured out the source of this particular problem. :thumbup:

I don't have a DCS.openbeta folder under Username\Saved Games...

Under \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World I have 19 folders. Under \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta I only have 5....

Aaaaaaaaaand nevermind. I think I figured out why.

Edited by Nealius

Huh, definitely weird.

Just to check whether the problem persists with a mission that was created on another installation, I set up another simple refueling mission with the tanker on 150 VHF AM. Do you have the same problem when you fly this mission?

For me it works flawlessly.

Mate I found what was wrong.

It was nothing about the mission. Just a ridiculous bug.

I reported about this in detail at A-10C open beta bug reports forum.

If you're interested in, please check my thread 'VHF AM issue'.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=119515

Edited by horus0129

Back on topic, looks like horus0129 figured out the source of this particular problem. :thumbup:

Mate I found what was wrong.

It was nothing about the mission. Just a ridiculous bug.

I reported about this in detail at A-10C open beta bug reports forum.

If you're interested in, please check my thread 'VHF AM issue'.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=119515

Yeah, I noticed. :D

what aircraft do i need for Air2AirRefueling, if i have an A-10C on the Red side (RU)...?

AFAIK the only tanker available in DCS for A-10C is the KC-135.

All other tankers, including S3 Viking and IL-78M, use the probe and drogue (if I remember the term correctly), and that's not compatible with planes like A-10, F-15 and so on.