Thrustmaster HOTAS F-18

Thrustmaster already stated that they wont be going for a F/A-18C HOTAS due to small amount of buttons.

They released TWCS which is a low fidelity version of F/A-18C throttle IMHO.

I doubt they would release anything as an add-on too.

TM might come out with a stick since F-15C and F/A-18C are almost identical.

What TM mentioned as HOTAS for 2020 might be for the F-15C.

What press release are you reading?

"After the success of our first collaboration with Eagle Dynamic SA on DCS: A-10C Warthog, that lead to the HOTAS Warthog, we are proud to start a new collaboration on the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet”, says Gilles Raulet, Thrustmaster Development Director."

Seriously? What is confusing about that statement and where do you see the words F-15C? In fact, the Harrier and F-18C stick are much more similar. The Trim and Castle switches are simple reversed. With that in mind, they could tool one stick for 2 aircraft and only have to do the throttle quadrant to increase sales.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F/A-18C: E3 2016 statement tells us there wont be a F/A-18C HOTAS (I wish and still hope there will be!)

You know, what was true a year ago, may be false today.

Not saying it is. Just that you can't hold TM to a statement made a year ago. A lot of things may have changed.

For one thing, they have got serious competition in the high-end flight controller market, by VKB and Virpil. Another thing may be that the DCS F/A-18C module is a whole lot more certain today, than a year ago. I doubt TM would put their money on a new stick unless they are absolutely positively certain that there will be a Hornet module. So contracts could have been made, that weren't there a year ago.

I got the feeling that TM are gonna be doing something F-18 HOTAS wise. DCS F-18C is gonna be huge and the there will be plenty of people willing to to part with cash for a more authentic experience.

Can't wait to see what E3 surprises TM might roll out to tie in with the new DCS Flagship module. Why would they refer to it as a collaboration if TM weren't producing a new tie in product?:joystick:

I got the feeling that TM are gonna be doing something F-18 HOTAS wise. DCS F-18C is gonna be huge and the there will be plenty of people willing to to part with cash for a more authentic experience.

Can't wait to see what E3 surprises TM might roll out to tie in with the new DCS Flagship module. Why would they refer to it as a collaboration if TM weren't producing a new tie in product?:joystick:

Agreed, I think at this point with this latest announcement it is safe to assume there will be a new F-18C stick offering from TM. We will certainly know soon enough.

It will be interesting to see if it is just a grip offering for the Warthog base, or a complete new base and stick - and if so, will it be a new gimbal design.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I really do hope an F-18 HOTAS (maybe even with improved gimbal and throttle innards) is available with DCS:F-18C. For me the Warthog made flying the A-10C so much more enjoyable.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Perhaps TM got a little jealous of the endorsement on the VKB Gunfighter box " Official Joystick of the DCS Series" and decided to go through with this F-18C for DCS LOL...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If they make a F-18C stick. It needs to have a heavy feel in its movement. I just flew the F-18C sim and the stick was very heavy. The A-10 to me feels very loose and light feeling. Now maybe this is not possible because the stick would pull off peoples desktops. just my 2 cents.

Perhaps TM got a little jealous of the endorsement on the VKB Gunfighter box " Official Joystick of the DCS Series" and decided to go through with this F-18C for DCS LOL...

Yup, competition is always good for the end users. Let's hope it's not based on the 1600 (or whatever the model number was) entry level stick. That would blow! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

If they are going to make TM HOTAS Hornet, i hope they make proper slew button this time, instead of that shitty one that Warthog has.

Amen brother!

Don B

They are kidding when they wrote "Designed for simmers, by simmers:"

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:They think that we are idiots!!! They put plastic inside the Warthog and the thought that we wont see it?

joystick.gif

Gladly it's 2017 and now we have other companies with excelent quality...Virpil, VKB, Baur, Komodo... And there the statement Designed for simmers, by simmers it's purely true and not an empty commercial nonsense. :pilotfly:

Not sure I would group Komodo with the others...I'm not too impressed with what I received from them recently.

If they are going to make TM HOTAS Hornet, i hope they make proper slew button this time, instead of that shitty one that Warthog has.

Definitely third this!

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

FA18 TM HOTAS in the works ???

This was stated in that F18 presentation.

Eagle Dynamics SA senior producer, Matt Wagner, states, “We are happy to announce the cooperation between Eagle Dynamics SA and Thrustmaster® to create the ultimate F/A-18C Hornet simulation experience”. “After the success of our first collaboration with Eagle Dynamic SA on DCS: A-10C Warthog, that lead to the HOTAS Warthog, we are proud to start a new collaboration on the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet”, says Gilles Raulet, Thrustmaster Development Director.

Makes me wonder if my long wish for a FA/18 HOTAS is in the works from TM?! The Hornet is on display at the TM Booth. I bet their going to market a F18 system to make us all drop or A10 system? I would love one!

DCS is getting exciting. Lately I chose that Mirage 2000C module. The C is a AA mainly with some AG. I wish we could have had a D version or a N version. It is said that N is the Mirage Nuke version. Now I'm not crazy about the Mirage in a sense but it fly's beautifully and it was done superb.

There is talk of The Hornet-Super Carriers-Persian Gulf terrain.

But my point here I noticed is this Thrustmaster wanting to get in on the experience of it all. Makes me wonder what their going to create to add to it much like they did DCS's A10. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Wags also included this at the bottom of the announcement. "With T.A.R.G.E.T software that allows for total interaction between different Thrustmaster USB controllers, with simplified configurations in simulators, and the use of a single preset for all controllers, The HOTAS WARTHOG™ joystick is ready for an enlarged ecosystem including among other development, new Add-On for Joystick."

Is this hinting at replacement hand grip for the Warthog joystick base? That would save alot of people, like me, money. I also hope they will release a more authentic version by it's self though and an accompanying throttle.

And a throttle quadrant too hopefully?

I wouldn't be without the Warthog, even if the internals are plastic. I have had no real problems with mine, and the after care was excellent when the main board in the throttle unit blew.

A replacement grip would be good, but a throttle quadrant and grip would be even better. Hopefully they'll go a little up-market as far as internals are concerned if they opt for a whole package.

A replacement grip would be good, but a throttle quadrant and grip would be even better. Hopefully they'll go a little up-market as far as internals are concerned if they opt for a whole package.

That would be even tempting for me, being a hardware junky as I am...

I would have no shortage of sticks to choose from to use lol.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I just watched an interview of Gilles Raulet, Thrustmaster Development Director, on the french website Checksix. Reading between the lines and with the hints given by the webmaster, Thrustmaster will offer a stick and a new "Pro" rudder, no throttle before 2020.

This is a pretty good news if this is the case, I'll have plenty of time to save money for the throttle then.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Hey remember on June 16 2010 at E3 when Thrustmaster, Eagle Dynamics and members of the Virtual Thunderbirds presented the Warthog....

all_101c_006.jpg

Been 7 years.. they wouldnt introduce a joystick addon that fast...right?

Edited by DataHawk

Ok I dont quite get the fuss. The F18 stick top has less butttons that the A10c, unless you are just gonna fly the F18c only then what is the point of using a stick with less buttons than the warthog.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Ok I dont quite get the fuss. The F18 stick top has less butttons that the A10c, unless you are just gonna fly the F18c only then what is the point of using a stick with less buttons than the warthog.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

because it is dank

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p