Where is the DCS: Mig-21bis Board?

Cedaway

Maybe they're still watching "Jerry Maguire" together :P

"You had me at 'radar contact'". :D

I too am anxious to hear what's up with the MiG team, but really it's not ours to know. Patience; we'll hear more when they're ready. :) In the mean time I'm trying to learn bombing and rocket attacks with the P-51D. It's not gone well...

--NoJoe

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe not the right time to say but.....

http://www.dcs-mig21.com/press.htm

They removed the "issue" post and now they posted the release date again?

Posted 3 days ago. :)

By the way, the press infomation on the website about the project being stopped is gone and theres only one saying that the realease will be on 30th of march. All good again?

http://dcs-mig21.com/press.htm

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Actually, since Eagle Dynamics (and Beczl Studios for that matter) is a privately held corporation, the customer does not have any right to know why they do anything.

Not having to let customers know and not letting customers know are 2 seperate things.

Besides, while the company is private owned, they still need to represent themselves on an open market. A market which lives from communication and content delivered.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

The glass is half full.

True, just doing my part to keep anyone from getting their hopes up too much and then going all Christian Bale if we get bad news (and I hope we do not).

How long now? A week? Forums still not back online, still no explanation. Unnerving.

I'm concerned as well, but frankly I'd rather sit here with no news and wear a hole in the floor if it means they work it out and release the MiG. Look at it this way, silence means there is still a chance, since the MiG isn't over until Beczl or Cobra come on here and tell us it's over.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

• ED Team

There are some significant changes ongoing with the development of the MiG-21 project. I do though feel confident that this project will be released. Once all the dust has settled, I'm sure there will be an announcement by the MiG-21 development team that answers your questions. In the meantime, there is nothing more to say given that much has yet to be finalized.

There are some significant changes ongoing with the development of the MiG-21 project. I do though feel confident that this project will be released. Once all the dust has settled, I'm sure there will be an announcement by the MiG-21 development team that answers your questions. In the meantime, there is nothing more to say given that much has yet to be finalized.

Understood. Thank you, for your statement, Wags.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

helpful. many thanks matt!

but really it's not ours to know.

It is not up to us to demand that they wash their dirty laundry in the public - we do not need to know every detail, I agree. But I also think, we deserve an official statement and a short explanation of what this all was about and how things from then on will be handled. Just as counterpart/counterweight to the initial posting that started it all...

Amen :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It is good news, but a little concerning about the timing of the release once again. *must be patient*

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The landing and takeoff speeds of the Mig-21 is what inspires me the most.

This video is fine… it’s zoomed out and a bit experimental to see… but when you land SU-25 at 250 kph whilst looking at the length of the runway, and if 330 kph 180 knots, (flaps up) it looks fast for the normal procedures.

This guy shouldn't be proud of such landings...this feels like falling not landing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Lázslo move from this project...for me is very bad news!!

The only important thing at the moment is that MiG21bis finally get released and that module live up to expectations of the community.

That would be great news, indeed!

The rest is the internal thing and personal matter of the team members.

Edited by danilop

Thanks Wags, definitely makes me feel a bit better, even with the mention of changes and nothing being in stone yet.

If Lázslo move from this project...for me is very bad news!!

We don't know yet that these changes mean someone on the team is leaving the project, and hopefully none of them are. His 3rd Party tag being removed could have been part of procedure when they removed the MiG-21 forum, might not mean anything (or could mean everything, we just don't know). And even if he did leave, much work has been accomplished by him and I think a release of the MiG-21 in DCS would still be a great legacy, even if he isn't with the project. He's gone through a lot in the years of developing this module and I certainly wish him well regardless of what he decides. We will just have to wait and see now what happens.

This guy shouldn't be proud of such landings...this feels like falling not landing.

Watching this from where the link starts the vid, I was at first wondering if maybe it was a student pilot since they mentioned flight instruction and it is a two seater trainer - but there is only one person in the fighter. Maybe a lady friend was watching so he wanted to be more "dramatic" with the landing?:D "You think you bad? Think you gonna get some air plane ****y?" --- Mo Gunz from "The Boondocks"

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

• ED Team
Well if there are much to do yet. then is better do a Beta Version. But please at 30 march I would like pull the Trigger of the 21 Joy.

I believe he meant more along the lines of alot to do to finalize whatever internal changes may have happened, or whatever went down to cause all this....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I believe he meant more along the lines of alot to do to finalize whatever internal changes may have happened, or whatever went down to cause all this....

+1 :thumbup: