Where is the DCS: Mig-21bis Board?

Cedaway

Well, from what I can gather, the project was never going to be shelved. Certain things probably happened internally that are unrelated to the continued development of the aircraft, which in turn caused the removal of the sub-forum.
I am guessing this unauthorized announcement had more to do with the forum closure than internal changes of the team. This thread basically turned into moderator hell, and it was probably easier to keep the entire discussion in one place than poisoning the entire section.

http://www.dcs-uvp.cz/images/mig21down.txt

(This is old info and is no longer valid. Refer to recent updates.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that worries me about the Mig-21 is why put an announcement out stating that it will absolutely be released in the last week of March, then a week later say that the whole project could be shelved?

Even if the team is back on track, I would like to know if this 'absolute' release date still stands?

The release date likely still stands since based on Cobra's comments, work never stopped on the MiG-21 even with the difficulties. I think he even mentioned either in this thread or the SimHQ forum that the release date still stood.

One likely reason for this, is that IIRC when they made the announcement on the release date, it was mentioned that this choice of date gave a wide window for them. If so, then it sounds like they gave themselves wiggle room for anything unforeseen happening. Unfortunately it is impossible to verify now since the forum is hidden, but I'm pretty sure a statement was made along those lines.

As for why the infamous post after the announcement of the release date? While this is just pure speculation, especially until an announcement is made, perhaps Beczl was having a really bad day when he made his last post. The other developers chiming in made it sound like this problem was not an insurmountable issue - but somethings when you've got too much going on, stressed, having a bad day and something seems to throw a wrench into the works ... well sometimes you make a bad call. I've definitely been there before. Again, whether this is even remotely the situation is unknown and I could be (and likely am) completely off.

Edited by TooTall

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

ell I only found out about m21bis later on... reading through the commentry and seeing some of the removed information from the link posted all leads to ask the question...

If this is financial then what can we do as a community interested in this coming to light. There may be a number of people 'here' that have not yet been able to pay for the product... I'd be happy to get some card on the table to help this see the light.

Team Mig 21.... what can we do to help ?

And yet again, just why do people think that throwing money at the Mig team will help? Here's a hint: Internal means just that. Or are some people around here so demeaning towards the Mig team that they're actually suggesting bribes in exchange for the team "behaving" by ceasing their disagreements and releasing the module?

And yet again, just why do people think that throwing money at the Mig team will help? Here's a hint: Internal means just that. Or are some people around here so demeaning towards the Mig team that they're actually suggesting bribes in exchange for the team "behaving" by ceasing their disagreements and releasing the module?

LOL bribery? Talk about jumping to conclusions.. Once again everyone really needs to pipe down and wait for information from the folks involved.. You know the only ones that have any idea what they are talking about..? (MIG 21 team)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

From Rudel's post in http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3915476/Re_DCS_MiG_21Bis_Fishbed#Post3915476, it seems that their current work might be much different from what we have seen in prev video. Looking forward to new videos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

From Rudel's post in http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3915476/Re_DCS_MiG_21Bis_Fishbed#Post3915476, it seems that their current work might be much different from what we have seen in prev video. Looking forward to new videos

What we mean by "old" videos is simply that a lot of them showcased the MiG-21 when it was a completely different beast. Essentially every video except the latest one.

In the past 1,5 year of development, the MiG-21 has been almost entirely rebuilt, both art and code.

Announcement coming in the first days of next week. :)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

:noexpression:

I'm quite sure of what i'm going to read in it... yet i'm eager to read it.

Yeah, I'm quite certain a substantial degree of Goodwill rides on this announcement we are all eagerly awaiting. Not quite sure I'm looking forward to it though......Sort of like staring at Johhny Knoxville........You somehow know it's gonna hurt but you just cannot stop looking.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Announcement coming in the first days of next week. :)

Please FOCUS on the smile...... Key part of the post.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I think you've used dodgy data to jump to a silly conclusion Kenneth. Wait for the announcement like the rest of us, I think we've had all the conversations that we could have had based on what little we know in the last few weeks and we're close to the proverbial finish line.

Settle doon

So you acknowledge that you know nothing about what went on behind the scenes, that you know nothing about what business contracts were signed between the parties and that your only source of information comes from the ever reliable source of an internet forum. And summing up all your raft of information you then make the logical leap to the potentially libelous claim that what happened is theft. Brilliant work there. Don't you think that if Beczl was the legal sole owner that there would be absolutely nothing stopping him from shutting down the project? As the project is going ahead he legally must not have been and whatever disagreement there was has been settled through discussion.

No silly conclusion, no conclusion at all. But this is what it looks like from the out side.

No, that is what it looks like in your opinion.

From what Cobra has posted, Beczl was never the sole owner of the project anyway.

Still, looking forward to the anouncement to clear everything up and to get some clarifation on what has happened.

Where is Beczl? Is he banned from the forum?

No, and it would have been easy as pie to confirm that for yourself. No need to try yourself at agitation.

Since this back and forth only serves to stir the pot, i'd like to ask you to leave this line of discussion be for now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

When you also write that Beczl 's work constitutes 14 to 19 percent of the aircraft's total assets , and that he has not contributed a single line of C + + . Then I have to remind you that the Mig -21 was originally written in Lua and that it was required that the Mig -21 had to be written in C + + because of some rights , DRM etc.

For the record, as someone who is knowledgeable on this subject, these statements you are making show a lack of understanding about Lua and programming. Lua is NOT suitable for coding an aircraft. Lua is suitable is a SCRIPTING language. Even the Lua manual itself states that you are not supposed to make complex programs solely out of Lua. Lua is slower, much more difficult to debug, and much less capable than C++. It would be impossible to make a quality MiG-21 module solely using Lua, and also, DCS doesn't have the support for a Lua flight model and avionics, and it shouldn't, because something like that would be ridiculous. You HAVE to convert it over to a real programming language (in DCS's case, C++), and then that necessitates the migration of much of the rest of your code over to C++ as well.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

From the indiegogo campaign statement:

"The Project in good state if you can check the project webpage above but I'm a one man team so all of these things made only by me without any supporter. This cause to I need some additional fund to finalize the project. I need a fund to pay the DRM protection, video and sound producing also need to pay a better texture artist than me to improve the airplane presence and outer and inner textures as well."

The above statement doesn't line up with the recent posts of other team members.

I'm also hoping that the forthcoming explanation doesn't include Beczl's removal from the team. I invested hundreds of dollars into the project and a big reason that I did so was that I trust Beczl who's made wonderful (free) contributions to the community for many years.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Personally, I don't care who was, is or will be in charge - they are (or act as) business entity (they've took large amount of money upfront from enthusiastic members of community for the upcoming MiG21 project). This is not free module.

They should have sorted this out without going public (IIRC, Laszlo started this all with statement that MiG21 project is dead). It is internal management thing, really.

The only important thing now is to get MiG21 released as scheduled. :)

Edited by danilop

But I do not think I want to use more time on this forum this evening. Have a nice day :)

You should have stayed true to this.

There is no point in posting these allegations since there is no way for us to prove what part of the work was done by Laszlo and what by the others, neither do we know what his future role is or is not. All you are doing is breeding malcontent based on what you feel happened. You can try to stir the pot when you have some real evidence, but at this point it is slander and you'd do good to stay away from it.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

You should have stayed true to this.

There is no point in posting these allegations since there is no way for us to prove what part of the work was done by Laszlo and what by the others, neither do we know what his future role is or is not. All you are doing is breeding malcontent based on what you feel happened. You can try to stir the pot when you have some real evidence, but at this point it is slander and you'd do good to stay away from it.

Yes it will be interesting to see what comes out of the official statement.

Hardware:

Mainboard: MSI Z77!-GD65 Gaming, Socket-1155

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, Quad Core, 3,5 GHz, 8MB

RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 MHz 2x4 GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB