MFG Crosswind - Review

It seems my CH Pro Pedals went to hell after 5 years of service.:( Is the MFG Crosswind still really worth it?

I actually read from one guy in the German forum who found some problems with his, and had to return them, and wait for a new set. After he got the new ones, he was happy as well. That is the only negative response I ever read about these pedals, and I'm subscribed to most threads about them AFAICT. ;)

Quite a few people prefer F-16 style pedals where you can put the heels on the floor, but that's really a matter of preference. I like them the way they are, but I'm sure Milan would see a whole bunch of new happy customers when he releases the new foot-rests.

Mine (#0161) feel like new, and if they were to break or get stolen, I'd order a new set right away. IMO, you just can't go wrong with Crosswinds. :thumbup:

It seems my CH Pro Pedals went to hell after 5 years of service.:( Is the MFG Crosswind still really worth it?

So worth it. But as my control setup had no other form of rudder I had to get a cheap stick with twist until they showed up. Milan patiently put up with my questions through the entire process.

Things are amazing.. period the end. You will not beat these with any of the "namebrand" pedals out there. The Slaw Device and BRD pedals will compete with.. and may even perform as well or better for all I know.. but I couldn't be happier with the crosswinds... I doubt I'll ever need another set of pedals for the rest of my life.

Milan is a quality businessman as well. Extremely courteous and quick to reply. Seems like he may be shipping them out faster now than he was when I was ordering them.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• 1 month later...

Now that i've flown with these and warthog for a while, all i can say these are amazing! I got WSP Super Warthog stand for these devices and new chair that wont move backwards when i apply full rudder and flying with WW2 planes and especially choppers like Huey feel 9000% better and natural. Landing, strafing targets, everything is so much easier and better than twist rudders that i previously used. These are my first pedals ever but all i can say is that they are worth every penny. Very accurate, well adjustable and robust.

Now that i've flown with these and warthog for a while, all i can say these are amazing!

:thumbup:

Welcome to pure bliss!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...

Any news on the modern style pedals? At this point I'm about to make my own.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Any news on the modern style pedals? At this point I'm about to make my own.

I sent Milan an email a few weeks ago and he replied they have targeted April/May release of the combat pedals.

We are aiming to release combat style at April/May 2017....we're pushing

it :-)

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I sent Milan an email a few weeks ago and he replied they have targeted April/May release of the combate pedals.

We are aiming to release combat style at April/May 2017....we're pushing

it :-)

That would be awesome, I would definitely have to order those and give them a try!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I will be ordering a set as soon as they are available.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm awaiting my order to pay for it (Apr 15-30). From what I hear, they're the best along with BAUR and VKB (I might pick up VKB later considering I enjoy UH-1H).

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

My money has gone to the Virpil guys this time but I will be in the market for the rudder pedals soon.

I have short listed the Crosswinds and the Baur BRD-MS3s.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

The MFGs are the only sim input device that I would highly recommend if you can afford it, you may grumble at the cost, but once that pain threshold has been passed.... you will never regret it.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I'm awaiting my order to pay for it (Apr 15-30). From what I hear, they're the best along with BAUR and VKB (I might pick up VKB later considering I enjoy UH-1H).

I use the MFGs for Huey and it works like a dream. It's not press-down rudder like the Huey's but it works amazingly well. You can almost just think about moving the rudder and it'll move. Very accurate and smooth.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I use the MFGs for Huey and it works like a dream. It's not press-down rudder like the Huey's but it works amazingly well. You can almost just think about moving the rudder and it'll move. Very accurate and smooth.

It really is amazing how much of a difference there is between the Crosswinds and my old Saitek Combat pedals. The Huey actually goes where I want it to, well, a lot closer. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well guys I've had my Crosswinds for 3 years now and if someone made me chose between my pedals and my wife. I would have to say it's too hard unpluging them from my computer, so the wife you got to go!!

%^)

• Like 1

Well guys I've had my Crosswinds for 3 years now and if someone made me chose between my pedals and my wife. I would have to say it's too hard unpluging them from my computer, so the wife you got to go!!

%^)

Clear your cache and history buddy! She'll find it! ;):megalol::)

Like you, I don't want to fly without them! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Clear your cache and history buddy! She'll find it! ;):megalol::)

Like you, I don't want to fly without them! :thumbup:

No need. As he was typing it, he was saying "Yes dear, I'll be right down. No dear, won't be a minute. Love you dear, yes dear, I'm sorry dear, my fault baby"....ad nauseum :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thing is my leg is curved not flat so when I step on I might also do some toebraking.. had this trouble with CH.. Anyways I yet to review them and certainly I hope the ball will follow smoothly this time. I bought MFG because I want to focus on WW2 birds and I learned the hard way that to stay on top needs a good coordination with rudder so there you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thing is my leg is curved not flat so when I step on I might also do some toebraking.. had this trouble with CH.. Anyways I yet to review them and certainly I hope the ball will follow smoothly this time. I bought MFG because I want to focus on WW2 birds and I learned the hard way that to stay on top needs a good coordination with rudder so there you have it.

Don't forget that you can change the foothold at various angles. I changed mine to be more steep to make toe braking easier. I can use it just as easily for Huey's as well as Mustang/A10C

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Don't forget that you can change the foothold at various angles. I changed mine to be more steep to make toe braking easier. I can use it just as easily for Huey's as well as Mustang/A10C

thanks mate I sure am glad to know the foot rests are adjustable

Ended up making a set of quick and dirty combat pedals for mine anyways. Not nearly as nice as Milan's concept but they're okay, and I could still buy his when they finally come out. Ignore the schmutz around the pedals, rudder pedals are a magnet for lint/detritus.

AH4S2Jk.jpg?1

• Like 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Ended up making a set of quick and dirty combat pedals for mine anyways. Not nearly as nice as Milan's concept but they're okay, and I could still buy his when they finally come out. Ignore the schmutz around the pedals, rudder pedals are a magnet for lint/detritus.

/snip/

When I first started flying combat sims around 20 years ago I couldn't afford pedals so I, too, made my own. A simple rocking rudder bar, springs at each end, with a pot behind wired into the joystick rudder circuit (internal rudder pot disconnected). They were very smooth to use and I really regretted ditching them when I got the Saitek pedals some years later.

The MFG pedals I have now remind me of the smooth controllable inputs from my home-mades. They are a really good investment and of course much more realistic than my own 'design'. And they have toe brakes!

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 1 month later...

Took delivery of the MFG Crosswind Graphite today, but sadly I was not able to give them a try, until just now, for a very quick spin before night night. Took the Huey out, figured it would be the best place to quickly test them.

And wow, just wow. They rank right up there with trying VR for the first time. Out of the box, no adapting, just 100% intuitive, fantastic, precise and smooth - had spent a little time earlier today, trying to adjust angles and strength etc, to what I thought I might want/need/prefer. Have been using Saitek Pro's for some time now, and still, I never felt they were linear, and I constantly had to adapt between modules, use these and that curves and saturation. Not here with the Crosswinds. No curve, no axis tune, no nothing, and I from the get go I added the correct amount of rudder, despite not having flown the Huey for almost a month now. Im just blown away, and look forward to a lot more air time tomorrow.

Top product, Milan :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |