MFG Crosswind - Review

As far as I know only new Footrests in "Combat Style" will be made. They can be swapped out with the current ones.

That would be optimal for those who currently own the pedals.

That said, there is no point in me buying the current version only to have to then buy the replacement footrests by the end of the year (and never use the current footrests again as I only fly modern jets). That will only increase my cost.

I know that Milan is away until mid-August but I plan to send him a note to confirm plans and timing on the Combat versions being released, before I officially cancel my order with him. I will report back if I get any details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Is there a picture of these Combat style ones?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I would not hold my breath for those combats guys, Milan is a great guy and produces an incredible set of pedals, but has been talking about these for quite some time now.

I too will buy them whenever they do become available to order, but in the meantime I am enjoying the heck out of these Crosswinds that I have now!

They truly are unbelievable! Which is why he continues to stay so back logged on them.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would not hold my breath for those combats guys, Milan is a great guy and produces an incredible set of pedals, but has been talking about these for quite some time now.

I too will buy them whenever they do become available to order, but in the meantime I am enjoying the heck out of these Crosswinds that I have now!

They truly are unbelievable! Which is why he continues to stay so back logged on them.

Yeah I'm pretty worried I'll get caught in a pattern of waiting an eternity too, but I also don't want to drop the coin on the Crosswinds and then immediately be looking to offload them. My Saitek Combats aren't that awful...but my decision will ultimately be hinged upon what I hope will be an honest and accurate forecast from Milan on timing.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yeah I'm pretty worried I'll get caught in a pattern of waiting an eternity too, but I also don't want to drop the coin on the Crosswinds and then immediately be looking to offload them. My Saitek Combats aren't that awful...but my decision will ultimately be hinged upon what I hope will be an honest and accurate forecast from Milan on timing.

Unless something has changed, the Combat style pedals will work with the current Crosswind setup. He had those in mind when he made the design to be narrower in the front of the base. So they could be added, rather than replacing the whole setup.

Of course I guess anything could change.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

MFG Crosswind - Review

Unless something has changed, the Combat style pedals will work with the current Crosswind setup. He had those in mind when he made the design to be narrower in the front of the base. So they could be added, rather than replacing the whole setup.

Of course I guess anything could change.

...unless the pedals themselves, even as a minor add on/substitution on the Crosswinds, are free, this would cost additional money.

So again, depending on the timing, I will decide if I will hold out or if it's worth it just to snag them now.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

My Saitek Combats aren't that awful...

Did you use MFG Crosswinds or pedals similiar quality before? I guess you will revoke your comment after usage ;). But jk aside, there is a huge difference in smoothness and accuracy.

No 3d Printer Guru wanting to create combat style pedals for the MFG's and sell them over those printing services? Would be an instant buy :D

Milan always talked about drop in pedals as in this design: Render

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 1 month later...

I just pulled the trigger on the MFG pedals, i hope i like them, they should arrive next week

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I just pulled the trigger on the MFG pedals, i hope i like them, they should arrive next week

:thumbup:

Congrats, you are in for a treat!

Be sure and watch the how to videos on his site in the meantime.

Don B

Thanks, dburne

Now I'll have to make a decision between the VKB MCG / Virpil MongoosT 50

Both seem to be great joysticks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

There will be no regrets.

The pain of the initial cost will hurt you for 2 weeks, perhaps a month.

From the point of trigger pull you will hate yourself, this amount of cash is nothing to throw around.

The wait for delivery is agonising.

Ultimately the proof of worth, even ones self worth must be proved at delivery!

Day after day you wait, every day you hope they will arrive today.

One day, when you are not at home, they arrive.

The money you paid and the time you waited, may somewhat blunt your expectations when you open the box and lay eye and hand upon the MFGs.

For sure they look perfect but they will not work unless secured down properly... they are just too damned light, especially on wood floors...Grrrr.

From that day on..... there will be no regrets.... ever.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

There will be no regrets.

The pain of the initial cost will hurt you for 2 weeks, perhaps a month.

From the point of trigger pull you will hate yourself, this amount of cash is nothing to throw around.

The wait for delivery is agonising.

Ultimately the proof of worth, even ones self worth must be proved at delivery!

Day after day you wait, every day you hope they will arrive today.

One day, when you are not at home, they arrive.

The money you paid and the time you waited, may somewhat blunt your expectations when you open the box and lay eye and hand upon the MFGs.

For sure they look perfect but they will not work unless secured down properly... they are just too damned light, especially on wood floors...Grrrr.

From that day on..... there will be no regrets.... ever.

Amen :thumbup:

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

• 2 weeks later...

I got today the pedals, didn't have much time to test them

They look and feel very nice, but I have to fix them on the floor, somehow, and even if I do, I'll have to replace my PC chair, I'm moving back when I press the pedals

What kind of chair are you using, guys?

Thank you

There are wheels for chairs available, which can be locked. Check out Amazon or similiar. A friend of mine used those to keep his DXRacer Seat.

Replace one or two of them and your chair should not roll arround anymore.

The MFG Crosswinds have spacers which you can place against the wall. if the wall is too far away, just put a piece of wood in between and you should be good to test everything out.

Edited by Gruman

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

They look and feel very nice, but I have to fix them on the floor, somehow, and even if I do, I'll have to replace my PC chair, I'm moving back when I press the pedals

Thank you

I screwed the MFG pedals onto a 16 mm furniture plate (see picture). This does 2 things for me:

1. Enough mass/weight to keep the pedals in place without having to drill holes in my floortiles.

2. Ensure the right distance from the wall. The spacers supplied by MFG are too short for me. I actually pre-drilled several series of holes in the furniture plate, so I could easily experiment with different distances.

My office chair is not optimal as I cannot block the wheels. I move the chair so that the wheels are oriented in parallel to the wall so the chair doesn't roll backwards.

RX100-00974-Comp.thumb.jpg.37fe6eacabe8ef6b88f0d7d9a5f37ed7.jpg

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have my pedals sitting on a rubber mat - not perfect but holds them in place fairly well.

My office chairs has castors also, and I too just make sure I move a little sideways so they are parallel with my desk, seems to work ok for me.

Don B

I screwed the MFG pedals onto a 16 mm furniture plate (see picture). This does 2 things for me:

1. Enough mass/weight to keep the pedals in place without having to drill holes in my floortiles.

2. Ensure the right distance from the wall. The spacers supplied by MFG are too short for me. I actually pre-drilled several series of holes in the furniture plate, so I could easily experiment with different distances.

My office chair is not optimal as I cannot block the wheels. I move the chair so that the wheels are oriented in parallel to the wall so the chair doesn't roll backwards.

I did the same thing with a piece of plywood.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

for wall spacers they are indeed short the stock ones, what I found was a piece of wood 20 mm thick and 20 cm wide so I shoved it and it holds the rudder evenly. You can velcro strap yourself to L clamps on the desk if its heavy enough. The real pain is having to replace them with continuous on and off. Or you can sow a buckle on one end and the buckle catch on the L clamp. Both sides of your chair. Lastly, you can tie the rudder block to a cardboard and affix that to your seat wheel hubs, then mount the rollers or you can use rollers with push stops to affix the chair.

image.thumb.png.44a87bef03e0432b2a304a20ffa8d64a.png

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Ditto

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Thank you

Lenux, I have a simple solution that costs almost nothing.

I got some rubber gaskets (available in any hardware store) and glued some skid-pad onto it. These are skid pads that people put under carpets to keep them from sliding around. And I take these on an off my chair.

And I too have my rudder (MFG in my case) on a board.

wWLnK5g.jpg

iq1EzVL.jpg

BXiUvxC.jpg

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thank you very much

Would anyone help, please, with the MFG settings ?

What about deadzone / saturation / ?

Which would be best for Bf 109 / P51 and Spitfire ?

MFG.jpg.9c3a4a17398c39e2b2f576b275021660.jpg

Edited by Lenux

For me, it was just plug and play. Didn't modify anything from deadzone/saturation point. I did, however, angle the pedals a bit more. I found it more comfortable.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1