TEWS contacts bug

berkoutskaia

A kind of bug I noticed yesterday with the F-15. I tested a little more this morning, and it looks like the mars on the TEWS are still displayed, even if the detected A/C has been destroyed 10 minutes ago... Anyone else noticed it???

I'll be testing this during the afternoon, it really is annoying.

sigpic55586_3.gif

icone_Ka-50.png In Mud I Trust. icone_Su-25.png

MiG-29S, same thing, on RWS. Annoying airspike, while there was clearly noone there!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

They seem to persist longer than that. Although I can tell from real spikes from ghosts because the real ones emmits sound and are often acompaigned by blinking or changing Symbol (F-15). Ghosts remain there but silent and mostly inactive. The qick start mission is indicative. The Mig-25 Spike remains there for eons even if that plane is no longer radiating in my direction.

As you can see...clean install and online as well.

This seems to be an issue easely adressed with a hot fix. Unless you break something else in a chain reaction... :D

I can tell Ghosts from real spikes well, its not bugging me much.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Did anyone test this with a Flanker? Check out all aircraft.

Beta-testers, no harm or offence intended, but how did you manage to let this issue escape? I dont know hot you guys make the tests and how are they performed but you must test air combat right?

Well, thankfully a simple hotfix can be enough for this one. Again no harm or offence intended for the Beta-Testers, its just a weird situation.;)

Then it beats for the ADMIN's to install the patch over a clean install

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Sorry Cougar I posted my other bug thread in the wrong forum :(

But i'm glad to see it's going to get looked over by you guys. Thanks for the quick response and the precense here in the forums, it's nice to see developers and testers wormking together with their costumers and the community :)

Beta-testers, no harm or offence intended, but how did you manage to let this issue escape? I dont know hot you guys make the tests and how are they performed but you must test air combat right?

I cant speak for everyone but as far as the 169th go, we are responsible for testing the multiplayer side of FC. As we know ths issue is only seen by when using ai aircraft.

This problem also only appeared in the last beta that was usable online. The issues that were known were looked for. This one came out from nowhere at the last minute.

Well, at least what I tested with my mates yesterday didn't reveal any problem with human A/C and the clients. I guess we didn't test enough :)

I get this ghost spike too as a client yesterday during a mission.

Not only AI aircraft seems to cause this bug, i also encoutered the problem with S-300!

Guest IguanaKing

Not only AI aircraft seems to cause this bug, i also encoutered the problem with S-300!

Was it the S-300 radar that had been killed that showed on your RWR? It has 3 different radars. ;)