FC3 now LockOn Free...!!!!

cichlidfan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ! Now wait for more people on Steam whining "Why is this DLC so expensive ? It it cheaper in x game"

Thanks, I will wait for separate Flanker and Eagle ;)

6 Planes for $50 is cheaper than 1 for $14.99

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Oh, great. How am I ever gonna get good at A-10C now with FC3 always getting better and dragging me back in?smilewink.gif

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in...

But seriously, this is great news and confirm many things many people have been wishing for.

MiG-29 6DOF + external model

Su-33 6DOF

They only named the A-10C in relation with FC3 in their statement and I think they forgot the Su-25 in there, unless it´s gonna be its own DCS module soon and no longer part of FC3... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

They only named the A-10C in relation with FC3 in their statement and I think they forgot the Su-25 in there, unless it´s gonna be its own DCS module soon and no longer part of FC3... :music_whistling:

It appears to be corrected now.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Probably because it´s not really part of FC3. Based on the images we were shwon a while ago, I´d guess it can´t be much longer than the Su-33 and MiG-29.

Agreed. I can see it as a general DCSW update, announced in the change log whenever which update they decide to release it in.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

For Steamers, there's absolutely no reason to wait but get the FC3 as soon as it comes out or wait until a sale.

But waiting for individual modules for these aircraft is unnecessary and will end up being more expensive.

In fact, with FC3, there's no need to release them separately, and it will avoid the confusion, which is quite common on Steam DCS forums..

Unless, like me, you're interested only in 2 or 3 aircraft out of the bunch.

If you consider the 3 MiGs, it is 8 aircraft that come with FC3:

F-15C

MiG-29A/G/S

Su-27

Su-33

Su-25A

A-10A

For Steamers, there's absolutely no reason to wait but get the FC3 as soon as it comes out or wait until a sale.

But waiting for individual modules for these aircraft is unnecessary and will end up being more expensive.

In fact, with FC3, there's no need to release them separately, and it will avoid the confusion, which is quite common on Steam DCS forums..

There will still be users that want JUST the F-15C or SU-27, etc, so individual modules will still sell, for people that don't wanna shell out $50 for 1 Aircraft that isnt available separately.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There will still be users that want JUST the F-15C or SU-27, etc, so individual modules will still sell, for people that don't wanna shell out $50 for 1 Aircraft that isnt available separately.

Agree, very much, Sir Skates. That's called good market play. Good for ED to hit things from all angles and good for the customer to have options, as not everybody has the same budget, wants and needs, and mindset.

Nice update, Wags and Co.

Edited by BadK

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

Great News!

Thanks for continuing to listen to the desires of the community and finding a way to deliver. I really appreciate the hard work you guys are putting into all of these efforts. 2014 is shaping up to be a great year.

P.S. 6DOF cockpits all around will be great for the release of Oculus Rift CV1....

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Wags/ED, can you comment how stuff works in steam after this? Right now you can buy stand-alone modules of A10A and SU25 but after this can we buy all FC3 modules one by one or is there only one FC3 pack available? Just asking because there is a lot of people that have A10A and Su25 on steam and I don't think they would want to spend another 50€ to get other modules that they are missing (even though it's cheaper to buy that 50€ bundle). Or does stand-alone FC3 modules just get moved off?

Warning: Prolonged customer exposure to flights simulations may cause tourette syndrome.
:megalol:

Nice one Wags. for grammar remove the (s) after "flight(s)"

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Wags/ED, can you comment how stuff works in steam after this? Right now you can buy stand-alone modules of A10A and SU25 but after this can we buy all FC3 modules one by one or is there only one FC3 pack available? Just asking because there is a lot of people that have A10A and Su25 on steam and I don't think they would want to spend another 50€ to get other modules that they are missing (even though it's cheaper to buy that 50€ bundle). Or does stand-alone FC3 modules just get moved off?

We plan to offer all FC3 aircraft a la carte (when it has an AFM), as well as the DCS: FC3 package.

Just to be even more clear: This is the same as the FC3 version you are all familiar with, the key/only difference is that we now can legally sell it sans-Lock On. This will also allow us to sell the product world wide on Steam and other digital distribution outlets.

When the final version of 1.2.7 is released, existing owners of FC3 will also no longer need a Lock On installation.

Can I understand like this: everything (3d model, cockpit, texture, etc) that belongs to Ubi will be replaced by original creation of ED?

So we will soon see new mig-29 3d model and cockpit, as well as su33 cockpit? Will su-25t 6dof cockpit be released at the same time of the lockon-free FC3 that will exist in 1.2.7?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |