My 1st 1.12 MP crash

Kindred

^^^^I didnt get it... o_O

I also had 1 but I realy need to push my game with a heavy MP mission such os those at 169 server. It never hapened again so far.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You have the default track that is located in your temp folder? If not then its because you restarted the game and without the default track its hard to pinpoint the problem.

It happen while flying in the 504 server, after that I got shot down, respawned, spooled up, then it crashed. I'll have to make a habbit of recording tracks when flying. Will keep you posted if it ever happens again. By then hopefully I'll have a track to show.

PS: my lomac is fresh install. 1.00 to 1.10 to 1.12, no mods, mod manager not yet installed. I flew again after, issue did not re appear. So hopefully it was just a fluke.

Cheers

I know, I apreciate that. Still it works much better. Dont get me wrong 1.11 was a great patch Stuttering wise but 1.12 gave me alot more usefull time of gameplay. Before I would crash My PC about 40% of the times I tried to join a heavy MP mission. I Tested 1.12 heavily yesterday untill high hours into the night (about 6 consecutive hours LOL) and I had never had a crash again. I had alot of warping problems on some sessions but it apears to be the server that was getting tired of being battered so badly all those hours. It went stable later on.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
1.12 is more stable than 1.11, but it is not 100% stable still :(

We're doing all what we can.

well you sure know more about lockon than i do, but i disagree that 1.12 is more stable than 1.11.

i had lockon installed over a fresh install of xp, everything was working as it should of, i installed the patch and it killed my lockon basically.

now maybe on your pc and others it is stable, but from a fresh install of windows, then lockon, then flaming cliffs then 1.11 then 1.12 there shouldnt of been any problems, but for some reason i got them all.

the only thing that was changed on my pc was vid drivers, and no way on earth could that cause the problems i had.

I am not dissin the beta's or devs as i know a lot of work went into this patch, but for me it was a waste of time.

the errors i had were, lockon crashing pc, menu's greyed out in the mission editior, pushin f10 would cause game to crash, and when flying the game would all of a sudden slow down like i was pushin alt+a but when i went to external view it was ok, when i went back into cockpit the game slowed down.

lockon 1.11 worked perfect before the new patch, i just wish i took BGP's advice when we were speaking about 1.12 when the patch got released, he said he had heard about problems, wolfie said it should be cool, i took his word as he is beta and must of known it was all good for which it probably was for him, but bgp's advice is still ringing in my ears.... i will listen next time you say anything like that again bgp :p

Also got the rwr bug, but that was ok, i could live with that if only i could actually get to fly for more than 5 minutes without the game crashing.

something isnt right with the patch, whether it is not compatible with being installed over 1.11 i dunno but basically it killed my install of lockon which should not happen with any patch.

this is the first patch that has caused this much problems to me, except the inital release of flaming cliffs which i had x45 problems with which were soon fixed.

the new patch needs to be tested on new hardware, not tested on hardware from 1-2 years ago, thats my opinion, i should think they should stop catering for people with crap hardware and optimize it for newer hardware, as maybe thats why me and a few others are having problems with the patch, because of newer hardware and the patch being mainly optimized for medium spec'd rigs with hardware from anything from 1-3 years old. I dunno so dont be takin it literally, its just a guess... i am just going by the fact that its well known that the game has been tweaked in previous patches to run better on crap hardware at the cost of visuals and stuff for better rigs.

I agree with Evil-Scotsman:

"they should stop catering for people with crap hardware and optimize it for newer hardware, as maybe thats why me and a few others are having problems with the patch, because of newer hardware and the patch being mainly optimized for medium spec'd rigs with hardware from anything from 1-3 years old."

Anyone with specs lower than this:

"AMD 4800+ Dualcore, 2gb Dual Channel Pc3200 Corsair XLL DDR Ram 2-2-2-5, Dual XFX 7800GTX's SLI 256mb/512mb, Dual 250gb WDC Raid 0, 160gb Barracuda, 120gb Samsung spinpoint, Dual 12v Rail Enermax 600watt EG701AX Noisetaker."

has no right to be playing this game.

Cheers.

crash22ik.jpg

Humm... Guess and hope 1.12a will do the trick...

Keep up the good work. I'm still addicted after 2 years of Lomac sky's...

Cheers

This reminds me that ED would make a smart move in

collecting error logs / reports

resulting from LO or FC crashes. ED could offer a template / formatted report to be filled out (system hardware specs, software and built) and collect a database of errors messages. This would make it easy to backtrace specific errors to specific circumstances which then would make it possible to finetune exactly those software modules that create those errors.

ED, how about this ?

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
I agree with Evil-Scotsman:

"they should stop catering for people with crap hardware and optimize it for newer hardware, as maybe thats why me and a few others are having problems with the patch, because of newer hardware and the patch being mainly optimized for medium spec'd rigs with hardware from anything from 1-3 years old."

Anyone with specs lower than this:

"AMD 4800+ Dualcore, 2gb Dual Channel Pc3200 Corsair XLL DDR Ram 2-2-2-5, Dual XFX 7800GTX's SLI 256mb/512mb, Dual 250gb WDC Raid 0, 160gb Barracuda, 120gb Samsung spinpoint, Dual 12v Rail Enermax 600watt EG701AX Noisetaker."

has no right to be playing this game.

smart arse in the house

thats not what i meant, what i meant was, instead of optimizing it for p4 1.8 cpus with 512 ram etc etc with mx440 video cards, they should start looking at the more recent pcs and change the minimum specs to something like p4 3gig amd 3200+ with ati 800ish or nvidia 6600gt and up with at least 1 gig of ram preferably 2.

we all know the game was made back when stated 1.8 cpu hardware above was the hot shit, but we all know that that isnt capable of giving an enjoyable experience unless everything is at low or turned off and is a pain to get the settings right, with flaming cliffs there was a huge dump in fps, now with BS, there is gonna be an even bigger dump.

so dont be taking my post the wrong way