DCS World 1.2.7 Released

New versions can break old missions. Try opening the mission the the ME and the saving it again. That may fix any minor issues.

Bummer. I just checked the few I made and most everything seems to have survived. All have been re-saved in full 1.2.7, but for some reason, the group STOP command no longer works. I have been away for a couple months so perhaps it's unrelated but I was wondering why that, of all things would give out.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone stuck with a slow download of the official 1.2.7(like me - have a 30Mbps connection and the download was at 40KBps..) however having the 1.2.7 open beta at hand - use the trick below:

There were some steps described previously which I used and quickly got it working:

1. navigate to your DCS World folder and create a new text file named dcs_local_source.txt

2. Open the file and enter the path to your DCS Open Beta Folder (for example Z:\DCS World OpenBeta in my particular case).

3. Save the file and launch the DCS world updater

4. It should download a file version list, do a comparison and copy the bulk of the files from the open beta folder as they have not really changed between the last OpenBeta update and the official release (~1.7GB were copied)

5. Then it will download some bits from the ED servers and there you go - you got yourself upgraded to official 1.2.7

It works fine for me with no issues so far, though you do this at your own risk ;)

The whole point of a beta is to test it out prior to releasing.

Releasing an updated beta that wasn't tested defeats its purpose.

It should always be expected that the final release is exactly as the latest version of its beta.

Turn on your logic, Flagrum.

Oh really? Well, you are the expert here, so why was the open beta then updated at all? The latest version of the open beta of today was a patch of about 240 MB for me. And that version is now live as release version. Untested as the open beta procedure is concerned.

My main point (my "logic", lol!) was btw that I found it irritating that a beta version goes live ("release version is the same as the beta version xy") although there are still a few serious bugs present.

And thanks for your -rep for my misspelling ("bad spelling "differencies" .. sry, but LOL ...") - as non native speaker I am always eager to learn ...:doh:

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 1

As with previous updates I've just clicked on the DCS World icon and it came back with an update found. I just clicked ok to all the update messages that required a response including the update to the updater. With no further input than that it is now downloading the 2GB plus update at around 600kb/s (I'm in Australia) with no problems. Its been that easy. Just a few mouse clicks to say ok to a few pop ups.

They made it easy to do the update and its working just fine.

Anyone who feels the need to make it harder for themselves due to impatience or just wanting to be clever by taking some sort of shortcut by copying files from here and there can go right ahead but please don't waste any space in this thread when it all goes wrong.

I have the beta install as well but I'll treat that as a completely separate install and upgrade it as such. Nothing from that install is touching my regular current release install. Its a beta install for testing and it should remain clean for exactly that. I look forward to any updates to latest beta that may bring too.

Cheers.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Oh really? Well, you are the expert here, so why was the open beta then updated at all? The latest version of the open beta of today was a patch of about 240 MB for me. And that version is now live as release version. Untested as the open beta procedure is concerned.

Because the latest version of the open beta has to be modified to update from 1.2.6 and not the previous 1.2.7 beta?

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Because the latest version of the open beta has to be modified to update from 1.2.6 and not the previous 1.2.7 beta?

In which way?

What I mean is, there was an update for the 1.2.7u2 open beta to 1.2.7u3 open beta today. And this is the same we got today for the public relase 1.2.7 version. The point is, it includes at least a few functional changes / bug fixes compared to 1.2.7u2 (i.e. the "floating huey cockpit" is gone, right?)

blue = me

Yes, really.

The final release version must match exactly the latest beta version that was released just prior to it.

It makes complete and total sense not to add more fixes prior to releasing it, as new fixes can cause additional bugs also, inadvertently.

And why were then fixes made?

Your post was full of unnecessary negativity about the yet un-fixed bugs, simply because you misunderstand the purpose of having a beta..

Purpose of beta is to ... find (and eliminate) bugs? And if I think, the beta ended too early for that, that is unnecessary negativity?

This has to do with the fact that you gave me this negative rep for apparent misspelling before, where I did not misspell.

You are obviously more eager to teach (false lessons) than to learn.

I simply copy/pasted your negative rep to me into yours:

Flagrum_Rep.png

Please, do not misconstrue reality.

Iirc that was not because you misspelled "argument", but because you "arguing about bad spelling" in someone else's posting. Too bad you or a mod deleted your posting ... so *shrugs*, whatever. Let's stop this here (PM me if you want, lol)

Edited by Flagrum
bad spelling! LOL!

Where's the Update shortcut from the start menu?

or, try this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

is there a torrent or something? its downloading very slowly (100kbs)

The server has to share its available bandwidth with all those trying to download at the same time

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

After 7 hour download I've started it. After some quick flight I can say it's nice and smooth.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Yesterday ED announced that DCS: FC3 will be availible in the first quarter of 2014. But the changelog today state that:

"With DCS version 1.2.7 an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat is no longer required for FC3 installation"

Does this really mean, that I can buy FC3 now and it will be fully integrated into DCS: World?

Has anyone removed the old Lock On/FC2 installs and just have FC3 yet?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Hmmm

I had a hang up with getting FC3 becasue of the LOMAC install

Cool they got rid of it

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Has anyone removed the old Lock On/FC2 installs and just have FC3 yet?

that could always have been done... FC3 did a once only check for the requisite entries at install.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Guys, I had only installed the beta version and today it made an update to 1.2.7.23097.

Does this mean the beta is now a "full" 1.2.7 version or do I need to download the new 1.2.7 updated package and make a new install ?

Thanks for helping!

now is full. later will move to 1.2.8 beta some ed guy said

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Updated 4h after release and all stages went automated and fine. And my PC is with UAC on and I am not on admin account :-) DCS is not installed in Program Files folders, but own folder with fresh restrictions. Maybe this is what stops others from proper update, UAC and DCS inside protected system folders?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Quote:

Originally Posted by hguimaraes View Post

Guys, I had only installed the beta version and today it made an update to 1.2.7.23097.

Does this mean the beta is now a "full" 1.2.7 version or do I need to download the new 1.2.7 updated package and make a new install ?

Thanks for helping!

now is full. later will move to 1.2.8 beta some ed guy said

Thanks!

The version you stated above is absolutely identical to the "full final" version.

I am really not aware about background of this issue, but to be on the safe side I think it will be better if you will install the full version in its own directory. Beta has been installed on its own directory.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

When I started my DCS, it found a 1.2.6 and I don't remember the others numbers, but it wasn't 1.2.7 version... :(

Jomar, if you are using windows go to your start menu, find the Eagle Dynamics folder then open it. Inside should be a DCS World folder, open it. there should be a icon that reads "Update DCS World". Click it and it should start updating.

If that doesn't work, this is the default file path to the updater:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

Hope this helps.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

saw the announcement on facebook :P doubleclicked the icon on my desktop, got two part update, something like 2.3gb.

obvious new stuff:

in game rebinding of buttons, makes a rookie life so much easier.

sorted the "jungle" when selecting missions/replays for different modules.

what else... don't know, dcs updates always make me happy :)