DCS World 1.2.7 Released

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you check your Anti-virus software settings?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

:smilewink:

I cant get it to run I get this. Seems I never can get this to update I have problems every release. Because I have my temp folder moved to D drive with a link source to save on SSD writes I believe is the problem.

CTRL ALT DEL, Task Manager, Processes, DCS_Updater.exe, End Process.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Seems that the update needs an update. Freezes @ 505.3 MB every time. Looks like lots of folks having issues. Oh well.....I'll just wait until they fix it.

Someone told me that this update would make it so that you could go to the options menu in game and work with controls. I guess that was just a fantasy.

You are incorrect. Your 1.2.6 install will update to the new 1.2.7.

If so, what we have to do with Open Beta 1.2.7 ? uninstall ?

I think DCS guys should give clear directions, for example:

1. Update your 1.2.6 version to the new 1.2.7

2. Update your 1.2.7 Open Beta Version, or,

3. Do not uninstall your 1.2.7 Open Beta version

These are simple directions to all of us to follow, please dont misunderstood, its not a complain, but a easy way to proceed.

Thanks.

Punisher

Patch download speeds

hi guys

can someone please explain to me why in 2014, with the advances in high speed internet, am I constantly downloading DCS patches at 24 kbps on my 18mbps adsl2 line (which is slow compared other places in the developed world)? Are we all downloading off some dialup server based in eastern europe or something?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Nice to see the 1.2.7 is out of beta. I thought it would be weeks away.

Thanks ED!

Anyway, I'm having some difficulties updating the thing.

I first ran the updater (as admin), it checked the installation then proceeded after a notification about the v1.2.6.9999… and I think I noticed a message about replacing the updater (I was away from the screen). It seems it replaced the updater and then nothing else happened.

I restarted the updater shortcut several times but it just displays «Checking for updates…» and disappears.

May the servers be busy? Or perhaps I've done too many requests and my IP is blocked and queued for a specific time?

Any idea guys? Thanks and have fun with the improvements!

No idea why it didn't work with the updater (w/ admin rights and even no firewall & AV) but I finally downloaded DCS World from the servers and the modules with the torrents (now seeding).

My installation path is: E:\[ SIM ]\DCS World (the brackets could have confused the updater perhaps?)

So that's a fresh install and thanks to the Saved Games/DCS folder, my settings and liveries are safe!

I just fired up the Su-33 and: WOW! What a stunning model! :notworthy:

Absolutely wonderful job from ED!

Please release the texture template! :thumbup:

It will be a delight to taste the improvements bit by bit with that huge changelog.

Thanks again, ED, for the great work, and you guys, for helping people out and beta-testing the update!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Updated 2h ago. No issues what so ever speeds were rather slow under 1Mb/s but did not take long. First instant action with A10C thoughts after10 min gameplay:

*trackir is smother possible entire sim @680GTX SLI

*gun makes more smoke

*wingman crashed over a hill .... Not sure why I think it was really awkward since never seen him crashing before other than being Engage by enemy

Must test more but I work this weekend so not time atm.

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I had a few questions, i didnt know how to update, but readingall the posts, all has been answered and i have 1.2.7 running, just wanted to say thanks to you guys.

And thanks to ED, now have the whole weekend to explore:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Question - after update Copy old _backup.xy problem?

Hey guys,

Just updated to 1.2.7. Then I copied back my "_update.007" files like always before (Bazar, Config, Mods, Scripts) but then DCS didnt start again.

I tried to find a repair-button, but no luck.

Now installing new. But how about all my tweaked files for my home-pit?

Do I have to set up all new???

:helpsmilie:

Yes, I can explain.

"the advances in high speed internet" have not reached you yet, as ADSL2 technology is from 2002, which is 12 years ago, which is ancient in IT.

I downloaded quite fast with Fiber Optics in the USA.

This may also have to do with your TCP throttling your RWIN incorrectly for your connection.

Modern OS like Windows 7/8 use auto-tuning and may do it incorrectly for an older connection type.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2007.01.cableguy.aspx

So, your system is not taking advantage of your potential full bandwidth.

Perform the following to disable this tuning feature:

1. From a command prompt (usually in All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) run “regedit”

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

3. Browse the items under interfaces until you find one that has an IPAddress entry matching the network interface you want to affect (typically LAN IP addresses start with 192.168 or 10.0); note that if your IP address is automatically assigned by a DHCP server you may need to look for a matching DhcpIPAddress instead of IPAddress

4. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TcpAckFrequency

5. Right-click the new TcpAckFrequency value and select Modify, enter "1"(Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

6. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TCPNoDelay” (note that TCP is all uppercase this time – that’s intentional)

7. Right-click the new TCPNoDelay value and select Modify, enter "1" (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

8. Verify that both TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay now show up in the adapter’s property list with types REG_DWORD and values 0×00000001

9. Exit regedit and reboot.

I read in all site that tweak improve your latency (ping) but decrease your internet speed. This tweak increase traffic, and this cause the lost of the speed connection.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Quick question: In the new file selector screen for missions, how do I switch to another drive?

Currently it looks into my User folder on C:\, but my missions reside on E:\

To my knowledge, it can only navigate through the system device (HD/SSD) containing …\Saved Games\DCS\Missions and it does not recognize the folder shortcuts.

Just transfer your missions if they don't eat all the space?

---

Btw, the missions interface tweaks provide a more comprehensive environment to navigate through the different modules more easily. Nice addition.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Well... I love big updates. But not much.

Now DCS started to do little fixes (hotfixes?)... And it seems we will often install our mods, again and again. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

DCS world and modules 1.2.7 dcs_updater error

Hi,

After several new installation from scratch i'm totally confused about this 1.2.7.update. Instllaed 1.2.7 world from scratch. DCS world start entry wrong entry update instead launcher.exe. After start with launcher.exe DCS world works. Installed all modules from scratch. After each module installation i had this windows dialog (see attachment): Unable to execute file .. dcs_updater.exe -> Create process failed; code 216 :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

DCS-Crash.thumb.jpg.7d0a8eb6f490c16fcf95af5f6b7e16e7.jpg

I found that the skins of the F16a MLU, are still wrong. They are multicolours. I thought this was fixed in 1.2.7. Other things liike the Tacan button fix have been solved. Do i have a problem in my installation?

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.