DCS World 1.2.7 Released

Anyone know when the Su-33 skin templates will become publicly available? Dying to add this beauty to our collection.

Check out the awesome Su-27 skin job by comrade Speckfire, and then you will see why I'm asking. :)

su-27-v2-2_zpscb1db329.png

Edited by Axion

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else getting an immediate crash to desktop with the message "DCS has stopped working" after applying the 1.2.7 update & repair procedure?

Here's the error signature:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
 Application Name:	Launcher.exe_DCS
 Application Version:	1.2.7.23097
 Application Timestamp:	52b97dcf
 Fault Module Name:	DXRenderer.dll
 Fault Module Version:	1.2.7.23097
 Fault Module Timestamp:	52b97863
 Exception Code:	c0000005
 Exception Offset:	0000000000024c8b
 OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
 Locale ID:	1044
 Additional Information 1:	2df6
 Additional Information 2:	2df67ce17c6b1fa82ac0fbe2816907f6
 Additional Information 3:	492a
 Additional Information 4:	492a1ea299e8af88b2dc69f8ea62325e

ok... disregard!

i just put the original files back from my updated server-pc and just launched it as is... guess what, its working. so far...

so maybe with the new updater our "special files" are not getting overwritten?

:thumbup:

If you just do everything properly and as admin from the start, you don't have to tinker with anything.

I recommend installing into C:\GAMES\ or a custom folder and not Program Files.

And right click and Run as Administrator.

I dont have any problem with any other programs/games on my pc. How else properly would you like me to install it than the default folders? I am the admin of the PC and run as admin makes no difference. UAC is also disabled.

The update failed with error server overloaded and now I'm back to square 1. Updating again by copying the temp folder updater.exe over to the default install directory/bin folder.

Edited by aceflier

I dont have any problem with any other programs/games on my pc. How else properly would you like me to install it than the default folders?

The update failed with error server overloaded and now I'm back to square 1.

Experienced a similar problem to yourself Ace, turned out my 1.2.6 was corrupt. Apologies if you have already tried, but have you attempted to repair your current version prior to updating? That solved the issue for me.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Is 1.2.7. beta now redundant?

I have both 1.2.7 beta and the update of 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 installed. Is the beta version now redundant, or is the beta continuing as a trial version? Will all future updates just be to the 1.2.6/1,2,7 version. It's all getting a bit confusing.

At some point the beta version will probably be updated to 1.2.8. If you want to participate in 1.2.8 open beta, it would be a bad idea to delete that install now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

hot fix? 127?

I just got a update whats the read me?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

hot fix broke my P51D and A10C is now no longer in my module manager...

What the hell?

I have to rebuy those?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Coff... My updater no longer works at all.. )I am one of the individuals with Bitdefender that had the issue with the updater) If I can't run the Updater now (And I can't) how do we fix the updater so that it DOES run?

Any chance you can post the file somewhere so we can grab it and run it?

Thanks for your help by the way!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

well malwarbytes also deletes the updater ip address on mine.

Regarding 1.2.7 install and BS2 upgrade:

- you must have BS1 installed ( it is not enough to have just registry keys from BS1 install and then deleted BS1 files from Program Files for example due to reserve space on SSD disk) to install BS2 module

- it is shame that ED doesn't give BS1 & BS2 upgrade buyers key for free to BS2 module. Whats the point ? To punish supporters which gives you money earlier ? I don't understand...

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

LOMAC is not required to install FC3 with 1.2.7 as stated in the changelog.

---

Could anyone confirm the latest version number for the DCS_updater.exe please?

Mine is: 2.3.5.45

Size: 2.15 MB

(…DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe, then right click, Properties and check the 'Details' tab)

I can't download the training videos. I'm not sure if it could be related.

Thanks!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ah thanks. So that's what I thought, I have the wrong version and it can't update itself. :(

Would you be kind enough to upload this version somewhere please (I could pm you my email)?

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

My god people. I've been reading through this thread, but have to say that some really need to kill less brain cells in the weekend and call a familiar IT guy for a quick how to use the internet passport. It's 2014 and have you never updated anything in 25 years of internet??

It's a 2 click update method and sit back. The funniest was a guy that uses mods and complains about them being removed when updated.

Well... you modify the original product with a homebrew project from someone else, what do you expect?

Perhaps i'm just having a bad day, but still.....MY GOD! This needed to be vented from my system.

Carry on..

• Like 4

I was just thinking the same thing...and I'm having a great day! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

My god people. I've been reading through this thread, but have to say that some really need to kill less brain cells in the weekend and call a familiar IT guy for a quick how to use the internet passport. It's 2014 and have you never updated anything in 25 years of internet??

It's a 2 click update method and sit back. The funniest was a guy that uses mods and complains about them being removed when updated.

Well... you modify the original product with a homebrew project from someone else, what do you expect?

Perhaps i'm just having a bad day, but still.....MY GOD! This needed to be vented from my system.

Carry on..

I resemble this remark.