DCS World 1.2.7 Released

Big Thank You for Control Adjustment During Mission

This was an unexpected welcome when I updated to 1.2.7. How many times I have adjusted my controls in 1.2.6 (and previous) thinking I had it just right, only to find out after mission load that I had missed an assignment!

Lets face it, the load times are fairly long so this was a bit frustrating to me, my fault for forgetting.

Just wanted to say thanks for this great addition to the devs that put this in.

~Thump.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+2 it's come in real handy! thanks ED!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

had the first multiplayer flight for nearly a year today. The population of servers has improved. Clearly a consequence of having everyone back at the same build version.

in 1.2.6 I could only get 5 minutes of play before crashing now around 30 minutes, due to mainly server crashes, not client. We are back on the right direction but still theres a lot of room for improvements. keep it up!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

No keys required but only available in SP mode.

LOL, thanks, that won't work for me then.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Quick question: In the new file selector screen for missions, how do I switch to another drive?

Currently it looks into my User folder on C:\, but my missions reside on E:\

You can easily move Saved Games/ or even the entire My Documents/ from C: to E: by right-clicking on it in Explorer, selecting Properties then Location and then Move it. It will ask you if you want to copy the files, which you should let it do or you can just create a folder (i.e. E:\Data\Saved Games or E:\Data\My Documents) and move the files manually before changing the Location as described.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

And you can change controls in-flight, but only in single player for now.

I've been asking for this for ages now, as it was so annoying having to quit the sim every time I wanted/needed to adjust the controls, so I'm really happy to see they finally listened to me :smilewink::D

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

No keys required but only available in SP mode.

That's really great - hopefully they can implement this in MP as well!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Could be, could be because of 32bit support finally being dropped. ;)

Now don't go ruining my sense of self-importance, that's just mean ;)

I'll concede it was about 50/50 and we'll say no more :music_whistling:

I can't see the Adjusting Controls being implemented in MP, as not sure what to do with your aircraft as you are "out of sim". MP is meant for Real-Time, therefore no time to adjust. Having it in SP is just fine by me, can't imagine having to adjust all the time and you can simply fly SP until you have things right, then go MPing.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't see the Adjusting Controls being implemented in MP, as not sure what to do with your aircraft as you are "out of sim". MP is meant for Real-Time, therefore no time to adjust. Having it in SP is just fine by me, can't imagine having to adjust all the time and you can simply fly SP until you have things right, then go MPing.

Yeah, it should only be necessary when setting up and getting used to the controls and hopefully people will finish doing that before jumping into MP!

No?

But what if I do MP and take a flight in a BlackShark and then do a tour in the A-10C followed by a dogfight in the F-15.

I'd say, that opens a lot more usage for adjustments than a simple SP-mission.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Well,i downloaded it. Huge 2.2 Gigs of download ..Was fast.

And Oh God this update list i think longest one i've ever seen.Thanks ED.

But:

Performance is really bad.I even have some clicking problems in user interface.And fps goes down to 9. Version 1.2.6 gave me lowest 21-22 actually.Anybody has this?

Status Update:

After ED released hotfix i repaired my installation.All problems are gone.It's fluid, hdr on (no performance hit)i've even got few more frames. I'm happy :)

I think something went wrong happened during the update..

FYI

I quoted myself i know :)

If time is accelerated by F10map, icons will not move by more than A06.

It is inconvenient to the check of missions of operation.

Unless it cuts SaiDirectPutput with Windows service, after an end of mission, cursor moves irregularly and does not stop at X52pro.

Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_7_0_27_13_x64_Drivers.exe

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118111

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3

is anyone else having download bandwidth problems? I know we are at the end of the line down here in Aus, but I am only 5-9 kbs. i normally get 400-500kbs when running the auto updater.

and no im not on dial up.

I seemed to have that problem too, but I think it was more a matter of the updater getting stuck (stopped) during the update process. I stopped the update and then forced an update again. It did its normal checks then re-commenced the update from the point it had got stuck, but this time at a normal speed.

LoL i was happy as well when in the update it stated that you could open the controller menu and options menu from in-game. So i jumped in MP and i think i tried for 15 minutes to open the control window. Than i became suspicious and got out of the game to read the forums about this. Huge disapointment that the controls are not accesible from MP in-game and only single player.

I keep asking msyelf why they make the SP different than MP. It should be exactly the same with the same features. But nooooo.. Log book not working in MP (only with mod), controls menu not working in MP. It's like they decided for us we don't like that.

Offcourse the SP is mostly played. Because there you have all the features. Except for the cool fights against human players that is.

I would really like to know how these decisions came to be. And i won't accept.. "Because SP is played more." or "that takes to many time and resources". There must be some other reason behind it i think.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.