DCS World 1.2.7 Released

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c0ff, are you saying that if my mods didn't get removed with the 1.2.7 update that it is an update bug?
Possibly but nothing to worry about. If you have updated from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 just run the repair to restore original files.

Start > All Programs > Eagle Dynamics > DCS World > Repair DCS World

The updater just didn't run the hash checker and only updated the files needed, which some might say is a better way of doing it because it keeps your modded files. So again nothing serious.

Edited by SyntaxError

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Possibly but nothing to worry about. If you have updated from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 just run the repair

Start > All Programs > Eagle Dynamics > DCS World > Repair DCS World

The updater just didn't run the hash checker and only updated the files needed, which some might say is a better way of doing it because it keeps your modded files. So again nothing serious.

I'm not complaining about it, I'm elated that I don't have to re-install my mods and hope this continues in the future. I was however worried that c0ff's statement may have indicated that I got a bugged update that may be a problem concerning other upgrade elements.

interesting new 3D models updated / add on DCS: W 1.2.7.... by modelviewer

BM-27 Uragan

1545077_703159189705972_235662715_n.jpg

ZIL-135

941500_703159199705971_1819713813_n.jpg

0.375 case bullet

1508099_703159243039300_2087173597_n.jpg

New cargo to helos.....

1535648_703159309705960_1863682995_n.jpg

and destroyed :lol:

150254_703159279705963_1318346648_n.jpg

And great quantity of ground vehicles with new camos (and some with smoke grenade launcher connector) :music_whistling:

Request a FROG-7 (Luna-M) missile launcher ASAP :D

761px-ZIL135_LM_vorn.JPG

Edit: That vehicle has no "operative" into DCS: W, only have a new 3D model.... CA 1.5?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Why when I press 1.26 does it say update 1.269999?

Run the update and you'll see.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Why when I press 1.26 does it say update 1.269999?

Copy the local source file into DCS World from DCS World Openbeta and then update. See below. It uses the Open Beta directory to update V1.2.6, making the download size way smaller. Just remember to edit the txt file and change the line to point to your open beta folder.

Okay I'm going to go fly now. Hopefully I've helped a few people here.

Edited by SyntaxError

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

I did not participate in the 1.2.7 beta testing :(. was conserving HDD space. I must admit, after flying a couple instant missions, somehow, the 1.2.7 production release just feels solid!

thank you to ED for all the coding efforts! and a big thank you to all the beta testers. Lot's of passion from the developers and sim community!

Excellent job! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

is there a direct download link for the update ? My networks settings slow down any torrents

Only for the full installers, via the regular product download pages.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A brief walk down my experience so far...

First update on two computers failed to complete... no big deal- it happens and the server is busy.

Go in and look at module manager. On one other computer I can't get a key for A-10A to load, but on this computer the key is there but one for CA is missing. I can't add a key... apparently there's a function to do so on a webpage somewhere. I can't just copy and paste a key in...

I figure- okay... I'll just fire up a session on MP and it'll ask me for the key. I log in- and the INVALID SERIAL KEY or whatever it is comes up. Nothing telling me which one is invalid... nothing telling me anything. No option of rectifying anything. Just INVALID.

Of course, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I have 2 logins- one for myself and one for the gf... and we both use the same computer on occasion. So I need two serial keys... except that when it loads one login instead of the other- it still captures the other serial and calls it invalid. Or something.

Can someone point me to this mysterious online license key registration- this is a MAJOR PITA.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

So I just copy file dcs_local_source from my DCS Openbeta installation to DCS World Installation?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

A brief walk down my experience so far...

First update on two computers failed to complete... no big deal- it happens and the server is busy.

Go in and look at module manager. On one other computer I can't get a key for A-10A to load, but on this computer the key is there but one for CA is missing. I can't add a key... apparently there's a function to do so on a webpage somewhere. I can't just copy and paste a key in...

I figure- okay... I'll just fire up a session on MP and it'll ask me for the key. I log in- and the INVALID SERIAL KEY or whatever it is comes up. Nothing telling me which one is invalid... nothing telling me anything. No option of rectifying anything. Just INVALID.

Of course, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I have 2 logins- one for myself and one for the gf... and we both use the same computer on occasion. So I need two serial keys... except that when it loads one login instead of the other- it still captures the other serial and calls it invalid. Or something.

Can someone point me to this mysterious online license key registration- this is a MAJOR PITA.

this?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

Strange issue, dunno if anyone else experiences this with 1.2.7 - none of the custom missions seem to work (I mean the ones downloaded from the user files on the main website).

After skipping the briefing screen and clicking Fly the sim just stops on the loading screen (launcher.exe runs but never executes dcs.exe).

All the default missions work.

Any ideas?

Upgrade to 1.2.7 was done via the update tool.

Thanks!

New versions can break old missions. Try opening the mission the the ME and the saving it again. That may fix any minor issues.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

eXPERT

I updated DCS OpenBeta first with no issues, however my 1.2.6 version is taking forever...I would have thought that it would use the files in my OpenBeta installation but when I looked in the DCS World directory I do not see the dcs_local_source file

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

New versions can break old missions. Try opening the mission the the ME and the saving it again. That may fix any minor issues.

you were right mate - that solved the issue at least for a couple of missions. Probably'll work for all of them

Thanks a lot!!!

I may have found a bug with 1.2.7. It's certainly not critical as I've already found a work around, but if someone else can try this to verify it's a bug, or maybe it's just my installation is messed up, here's what I did:

Go into Options -> Controls -> Axis Commands -> Click on an axis -> Axis Tune

If you click Cancel, pressing Ok on the following screen takes you to the main menu as expected. However, if you click "Ok" while in the axis tune section, whether you've made a change or not, pressing the next "Ok" button will leave you on that screen. You have to spam click the ok button until it accepts it and brings you to the main menu. I've found that until you spam click ok, your changes will not be saved.

Do they have any idea when the auto updater will be available for us with the 1.2.6 version? :music_whistling:
It should be already... :huh:

Try to run the updater manualy from the Start Menu

Edited by Suchacz