For the Love of Simming, FRESH INSTALL, PLEASE!

Everyone, I know we all would like to patch up to the latest patch by just patching over the install you have now. But I have learned through many years of simming, beta testing, and experience with LOMAC in particular that YOU MUST PATCH TO A FRESH INSTALL to get ALMOST gauranteed results.

Now some of you are going to say hey, no problems here patching over so SHADDUP Dusty, others will claim the sim is borked (as seen in another thread or two) when patching over. If you want the highest possibility of having a trouble free install with no weirdness YOU MUST PATCH TO A FRESH INSTALL!

I respect everyones opinion on this but I have been with LOMAC since a year prior to it's release and have learned, FRESH INSTALL everytime and you will get the desired results. If you try it any other way, you mileage may vary, do it at your own risk, objects might appear closer then they really are, but please do not claim it is borked.

Just a tip from your Uncle Dusty that I hope people will listen to.

Guide to fresh install that works for me EVERYTIME:

Uninstall using START/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, Uninstall all that is LOMAC.

Go to the place where you have installed all that is LOMAC (default is Program Files) and Delete the Ubi Soft folder that it installs under. MANY FORGET THIS STEP and end up with all kinds of weirdness and problems when they go to install again.

Install LOMAC

Install 1.1

Install 1.12 Patch

REBOOT (some forget to do this. It is part of my install routine that has eliminated much weirdness)

Install smile.

Reset up your LOMAC.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Its weird how some pleople have trouble with patches and some dont, I have not had any trouble with the patches so far, but i know alot have, it seems some people almost have to do the "dance" to get there patches working right.

I guess its just one of those simming things :)

Guest IguanaKing

Try watching your RWR in an SP environment against a few air threats. Have your air threats killed by friendly AI, then tell us if those dead bandits still show on your RWR. If they do...welcome to my world. :D

Well, I am the oposite...

I hate doing reinstalls... "Format C:" is realy sicken me. My windows has almost 2 years ( I changed a lot of hardware in the process, switching from Socket A to 939), My IL-2 is old like my grandfather. Lock on is from 1.1 .

I installed 1.12 over 1.11 and everything seems to be working minus this issue with the RWR and some graphic error, when going under 20 metters or so the shadow on the plane becomes dud (in full shadows).

Maybe the graphic error is some driver issue I have 78.01 on a 6800GT. Is just 78.01 because of the clouds error on newer drivers. BTW anyone tested if the corupt clouds texture errors are still present after the patch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Guest IguanaKing

Zaelu...can I post a track file here to show you what I mean? Heh...I know I can't post it here, but where can I post a track to show the RHAW bug?

I and others have patched over 1.11 and have no problems. But you are right a fresh install is the best way to go. I just didn't feel like doing the dance. cha cha cha.......

Zaelu...can I post a track file here to show you what I mean? Heh...I know I can't post it here, but where can I post a track to show the RHAW bug?

Well I said that I have the same problem like you. Maybe I had a bad exprimation cause english is not my primary language.

However, If you did understand that from the first place how running a track of yours on my PC will help?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

How come?

Because I got two TEWS ghost today on the 504th server. There were no AI planes in the mission.

It's still too early to pinpoint what is causing this problem or even what parameters must be met in order for it to occur. We only know it happens fairly frequently. And when I say we, I mean LOMAC's ultimate beta testers, the community. Please don't take that as a slight against the beta testing crew. I'm guessing certain members were given the final beta, told to look for problems x, y, and z, and didn't see them.

Guest IguanaKing
Well I said that I have the same problem like you. Maybe I had a bad exprimation cause english is not my primary language.

However, If you did understand that from the first place how running a track of yours on my PC will help?

Doh! How did I miss that? Sorry, Zaelu. :D Good point about running the track, I forgot about how they actually work...and it wouldn't help. :cool:

Go to the place where you have installed all that is LOMAC (default is Program Files) and Delete the Ubi Soft folder that it installs under. MANY FORGET THIS STEP and end up with all kinds of weirdness and problems when they go to install again.

Install LOMAC

Install 1.1

Install 1.12 Patch

REBOOT (some forget to do this. It is part of my install routine that has eliminated much weirdness)

Install smile.

Reset up your LOMAC.

Hope this helps someone out there.

don't forget the 1.1 terrain seasons pack if needed ;)

Good point Mustang.

Addendum:

Prior to REBOOT, Insert, Install Seasons Pack.

Gentlemen, please keep this on topic and take the Bug report to the proper thread. Thanks a bunch.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Because I got two TEWS ghost today on the 504th server. There were no AI planes in the mission.

It's still too early to pinpoint what is causing this problem or even what parameters must be met in order for it to occur. We only know it happens fairly frequently. And when I say we, I mean LOMAC's ultimate beta testers, the community. Please don't take that as a slight against the beta testing crew. I'm guessing certain members were given the final beta, told to look for problems x, y, and z, and didn't see them.

Well explain more your problem, there were no AI planes in the mission, so you got problem with human planes or it was with sams? As an alternative for now you can clear up the TEWS with shift - r

sigpic4165_1.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=36435&d=1266786388