TM Hotas Warthog F15C

I got FC3 today and I'm using following T.A.R.G.E.T profile for the F15C:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250296/

The mapping works great but the pitch and roll axis feel a little weird. Usually I'm flying the A10C and I don't know how the F15C should "feel" like.

My question: are the zoom/curve settings of the mentioned profile realistic or should I tweak them?

X: Zoom/S-Curve = -1/3

Y: Zoom/S-Curve = -1/4

Many thanks in advance!

If you want more control over the "limits" of the aircraft, your settings should be fine. If you want more control over fine movements in the low-middle end of control, you might want to switch it around to positive curves. What it essentially comes down to is what you are more comfortable with. Fly using different settings and see which gives you more control over the sweet spot that you fly in.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

The thing is with introduction of F-15C AFM options of setting curves of our controllers should be disabled in DCS menu and in controller apps (TARGET, Foxy, SaitekST etc) in order to faithfully reproduce real F-15C FM.

This way all users and DCS pilots enjoy same response from a given FM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The thing is with introduction of F-15C AFM options of setting curves of our controllers should be disabled in DCS menu and in controller apps (TARGET, Foxy, SaitekST etc) in order to faithfully reproduce real F-15C FM.

Why to disable it? Of you dont want to use the curves, so simply dont use them.

It is hard to reproduce 1:1 RL long stick movement with its accuracy and longer throw to our short desktop "toys" (yes, even a TM Warthog is a toy;)), mainly around the center position. It is the same situation as with other modules and FC3 planes which already has AFM...

Edited by Suchacz

No, thats a horrible idea, because our crappy desktop joysticks cant really compare to the actual thing.

No, thats a horrible idea, because our crappy desktop joysticks cant really compare to the actual thing.

I agree, but it would be nice to have some predefined curve settings that are as close as possible to the real thing.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

I don't use curves when flying the hog and I'm able to air refuel for 3-4 minutes without disconnects (bingo to full) without problems. I prefer no curves because I'm a sucker for linear input and the TM Warthog is very precise but that's just me, although with the F15C it just didn't feel right without curves. Actually I'm going to try the F15C without curves or maybe just tiny ones when the AFM gets released.

I agree, but it would be nice to have some predefined curve settings that are as close as possible to the real thing.

That's what no curves is. You just need a much longer stick.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agreed, the longer the stick the closer to no curves.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

^^^^

there are pils that help...

LOL!

buhahahahahahah

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

What it really comes down to is.. Are you comfortable not using curves (Yes, if you are REALLY precise, it can work wonderfully)? Are you comfortable using curves? If the answer is yes to either one, that's all that matters. If the answer is no to both, you need to practice more.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I don't use curves on F15 or A10C and Hortas Warthog work real good for everything but some people may prefer to have .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.