Comms Menu Failing to appear when using LALT + NUM +

MTrenda

I have been running seperatist Agression mission for years now and in Patch 1.2.7 it appears the Comm menus do not appear in multi player.

When i press the mic swith on the hotas it does move the graphic in the cockpit on the throttle but the menu fails to show. When i hit the LALT + Num + Keyboard keys the right throttle moves forward instead of bringing up the menu. Now before we go down the keyboard mapping issue i have verified the keyboard mapping and the menu's work when not in multi player online. it also work on other missions that i have.

things to consider is there are mods working on this mission: SLMOD, MIST 2.0, (Mist 3.2 was tested with same result, i do need to upgrade this) and cTT.

Last night i tried reloading these mods in the mission ( CTT and Mist) same result. I have not tried removing them yet i had to go to work. Which bings me to why this thread has no log files or tracks ( i know you want them i will get them when i get home later tonight) but i am at work.

I feel this may be related to the CTT script because it is manipulating the comm menu by adding the F10 options to load and unload troops but i am not total positive on this one.

the really odd thing is the fact that the throttles move when hitting the LALT + NUM + & LCTL + NUM + , When i hit the LSHFT + Num + the Mic Switch in Game ( in the cockpit ) does move the mic switch UP.

Well here is the issue and this is was to add information to the comm menu thread posted in the beta area.

thanks

76th Falcon

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

Well I am home now and have disabled all the mods except slmod and the same reaction on the mission.

here is the log.

thanks

76th Falcon

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

a squad mate of mine had the same issue and found he had the same Key commands used in two places in his controller setup. Once he deleted the ones assigned to the throttle everything functioned normally. I guess the question is why did the update change it?

thanks for the comment, last night i reverted back to an old version of the mission and the comms are working so i will start looking at the differences. i think it has something to do with the farps or helo's

thanks

76th Falcon

Does any one know if this is some thing to be concerned with in the log file

00033.804 ERROR COCKPITBASE: devices_keeper::link_all: unable to find link target 'ElecInterface' for device 'XM_130'

Hi MTrenda,

me and a couple of mates had the same problem (also with Sepparatist Aggression Campaign and other missions). It seems that the controller setup is ****ed up somehow during the final release of 1.2.7 (beta was working with no probs).

What solved the problem for us, is to delete all your bindings located in Driveletter:\user\username\saved games\dcs\config\input.

After deleting/moving the "input" folder, the radio chat is working again. Bad and annoying thing is that you have to rebind all your controls again for each installed module.

I hope this helps to solve your issue.

Cheers,

Thor

CPU: i9 9900K@5GHz

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

HMD: Valve Index

RAM: 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4

HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR Pedals + Thrustmaster Warthog

• 2 weeks later...